Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2016 8:14:09 PM EDT
I know the green triangle is popular and that is what I had on a TR24 and like it a lot but I also like the idea of the mil dots. How big is the dot on the mill dot reticle compared to the triangle?  Anyone else running this scope or a TR24 with the mil dot?  I would appreciate your insight?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I plan to use a TR25 MOA-Dot (or maybe a green triangle... I can't decide either!) for my rifle this season. I would pick the triangle for speed up close, and the MOA-Dot for precise shots and hold-overs at distance (200yd+). You can find the reticle dimensions here:

https://www.trijicon.com/resources/downloads/2015_AccuPoint_Reticle_Measurements.pdf

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it depends on what ranges you will be shooting.  I went with a TR-24 with triangle because it is money for anything 200 yards and less and every competition range in my area has everything basically 100 yards or less with a single exception at 300 yards.

Unless you are shooting 400-500+ yards you probably won't need Mil-dots or any other kind of ranging reticle for the purpose of using the dots.  But I can understand if you just want a slimmer profile/smaller MOA center reticle as compared to the triangle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top