Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 2:47:48 PM EDT
Is this new trigger system against the rules to use in a 3 gun match? Franklin armory BFS or the Echo trigger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#1]
It is against USPSA rules. Not 100% sure about 3Gun Nation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
Never heard of it???
View Quote

Bascially it fires once when you pull the trigger and once more when you release the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]

What are the splits?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GGGBeo50:
Never heard of it???

Bascially it fires once when you pull the trigger and once more when you release the trigger.

What are the splits?

I dont know what your asking. But if I had to answer, "The time it takes to pull the trigger and let go versus pulling the trigger twice".
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]

I am wondering what that difference actually is measured with a timer.  I know guys that can pull the trigger pretty fast.  My guess is that even with a stage full of up close paper targets you wouldn't gain all the much time overall.  THe time it takes between shots with a regular trigger is almost meaningless because so much other stuff can and will go wrong to cost you time during a stage.  

The other issue with a trigger that automatically fires when you release the trigger is that when you miss you waste an extra round and have to wait longer for the recoil cycle to complete and for your sights to settle because you now missed twice.  Also on a steel target when you only need one hit per target you'll always get two unless of course you hold down the trigger until you transition to the next target then release the trigger.  

Guess what happens when you accidentally shoot a no shoot target?  Yep now you have double the penalties.  That alone would kill any advantage you would ever get from having a second shot the is 0.1-0.3 seconds faster then the regular guy who has to pull his trigger twice.

Might be great for the zombie apocalypse if you have unlimited ammo supplies.
View All Quotes
Never heard of it???

What are the splits?

I dont know what your asking. But if I had to answer, "The time it takes to pull the trigger and let go versus pulling the trigger twice".

I am wondering what that difference actually is measured with a timer.  I know guys that can pull the trigger pretty fast.  My guess is that even with a stage full of up close paper targets you wouldn't gain all the much time overall.  THe time it takes between shots with a regular trigger is almost meaningless because so much other stuff can and will go wrong to cost you time during a stage.  

The other issue with a trigger that automatically fires when you release the trigger is that when you miss you waste an extra round and have to wait longer for the recoil cycle to complete and for your sights to settle because you now missed twice.  Also on a steel target when you only need one hit per target you'll always get two unless of course you hold down the trigger until you transition to the next target then release the trigger.  

Guess what happens when you accidentally shoot a no shoot target?  Yep now you have double the penalties.  That alone would kill any advantage you would ever get from having a second shot the is 0.1-0.3 seconds faster then the regular guy who has to pull his trigger twice.

Might be great for the zombie apocalypse if you have unlimited ammo supplies.

I see what you are saying. I am not a huge supporter of it for 3 gun but if its faster it would be something to consider. My first concern would be the safety factor of another round going off when releasing a trigger. Kind of like a training-mindfuck for me. As for missed shots, I was figuring the use of this at close up paper targets, especially while moving when the shots are a bit sloppy anyways. The selector could be switched back to single shot for longer more precise shots, which may take time for that type of transition. So I guess, we need to see someone make a run and shows the time differences with transitions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Hmmm...I didn't realize you could turn it on/off.  That could be useful.  Hosing paper would be super fast!  Like you said it would definitely take some training to get used to that second pew.
View All Quotes

I see what you are saying. I am not a huge supporter of it for 3 gun but if its faster it would be something to consider. My first concern would be the safety factor of another round going off when releasing a trigger. Kind of like a training-mindfuck for me. As for missed shots, I was figuring the use of this at close up paper targets, especially while moving when the shots are a bit sloppy anyways. The selector could be switched back to single shot for longer more precise shots, which may take time for that type of transition. So I guess, we need to see someone make a run and shows the time differences with transitions.

Hmmm...I didn't realize you could turn it on/off.  That could be useful.  Hosing paper would be super fast!  Like you said it would definitely take some training to get used to that second pew.

It works just like safe/fire/auto. "Auto" is the two shot setting.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]

With the old BFS I was running a pretty regular 700rpm for mag dumps, so just under .1 splits.  The trigger kinda sucked as far as the feel, reset and weight went.

The new trigger is supposed to be quite a bit better feeling.  I believe it will be faster. I expect the Echo will also be faster.  I'm on backorder for the Echo - have been for about four months.

I'm not sure these will be the best for three gun, it can be difficult to manipulate the safety when it's over in the auto position.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top