Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2014 10:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tk421991]
Hello everyone:

I shot a local 3 gun match and I have the bug strong. I'll be moving to Georgia in the next few months and I want to shoot the Noveske Atlanta match as soon as I get my new kit all set. I want to shoot the heavy metal division and use my 870 Wingmaster and I want to buy a CZ 97B. I also want to use a 7.62x54r Vepr with 20 round mags that I bought this week.

I have a question about Rule #7.4.3.1

7.4.3.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration.
View Quote

Would this rule out an aftermarket stock or a unmagnified optic on the Vepr? I'd like to use an Aimpoint or a PK-A dot and a SpecMod stock.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Changing stocks and adding optics are fine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tuflehundon:
Changing stocks and adding optics are fine.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, helps a lot. I was getting worried there for a bit

If stocks and optics are ok, I'm guessing a flash hider would be ok too?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes flash hiders and comps are hardly ever stock configuration. Honestly, there aren't many mods you can't do. What optics you use, or how many will determine what division you shoot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseTischauser] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
You can change anything your want.  That rule is basically there so some custom gun maker doesn't build a one off gamer firearm that crushes us all.
View Quote

^^^What he said^^^.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top