Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 5:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunguyG19]
I Know 2 hits any where is no penalty, but what if I do 3 shoots at each target to ensure my 2 hits? Can I over engage?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. The only penalty is the time and ammo you burn. Otherwise GO NUTS.

The only time extra shots are a problem is in USPSA Virginia Count or Fixed Time stages, which are only ever encountered in pistol matches.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the 30yrd rifle shots that done times I only get one hit. So I figured hell I'll just fire 3 to be sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You've got lots of company.   When in doubt, pop it again.

Cheap insurance on those difficult to hit targets or if you are not really sure your sights were on the target.

Bill
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
At some point in your shooting you will learn to call your shots and misses. Took me a while to get there, but I now know when I miss and will throw an extra shot that way. Other than that, do like Jesse said. If you are shooting so fast that you aren't sure you hit, then you are shooting to fast. When I do get a miss, I know it's that I am either going to fast and getting sloppy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top