Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 2:40:04 PM EDT
I'm just wondering...

Is the whole gun, gun parts, ammunition, and reloading stuff business very low margin?

I'm asking because I get lots of emails from various outfits, talking about "sales" that aren't really sales at all.

Delta Team Tactical for example keeps advertising AR15 kits or upper assemblies at what seems like really good prices, except they're often without BCG (meaning you spend more than 100 dollars more for it, which just about kills the deal, not to mention what if the new BCG does not headspace properly). Then I see lots of reloading outfits that advertises "cheap" bullet, brass, etc. except they are EXACTLY what the going rate is, there are no reduction, promotions, or discounts AT ALL but they are advertised as though there are.

I mean, Walmart is a low margin company but I've seen them put items on clearance at such a low price that it is unbelievable. They'd sell items that retails for 100 dollars at 25 dollars if it sits around long enough. They've even put ammunition on such a ridiculous clearance that it's almost "too good to be true" (a box of Remington UMC 9mm, 250 rounds sells for 35 dollars for example). Their regular prices for ammo is already ridiculously cheap.

It's kinda like saying "AR15 LPK on blowout for 25 dollars, except no fire control included" but when you add fire control it's actually more like over 70 dollars (which meant if you ordered a complete LPK you'd pay around 55 dollars). I see this all over the place, from every outfit that would send me spam emails I'd look at it and see that they're selling 500 M80 ball bullet (308, 150 grain FMJ) at 80 dollars... and that's how much everyone sells them for. Essentially not a sale at all, at least not enough to make me want to buy right now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this an actual build discussion...or something better suited for GD......

_
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is this an actual build discussion...or something better suited for GD......

_
View Quote
+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top