Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 5:15:16 PM EDT
Hello shooters. I run the yearly Midnight 2 gun tactical match at my local range. Im looking for input from 3 gunners on what type of stages you would like to see in a midnight match. in the past i have designed the following:

Pistol only stage using only handheld light
stage where you start laying on a table simulating getting out of bed
long hallway stages
100+ yard with rifle plus 100 yard pistol targets as a bonus
Burner stages with a plate rack and close paper
flood lights to hide targets in shadows
identifying shoot/no shoot targets and swapping between shooters

I'm considering for this year:
getting an actual car door and shooting thru the window opening
firing while laying on table

Id like to use more props this year.

Suggestions??

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#2]
could time or motion activate a light to shine back at the shooter?
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot night pistol matches at Lake Havasu a couple of times.  They normally had a stage lit only by road flares.

About three feet in front of each array were road flares, arranged so when one was about to go out, it would light the next.

The light from road flares really messes with your ability to discern between shoot/no shoot targets.

The also had a stage lit by strobe lights.  The stage would be completely dark. On the BEEP, someone would throw the switch and the strobes would come on.  Pretty fun stage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top