Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2015 7:53:56 PM EDT
Hi!

I'm writing from France and we're thinking of putting together a 3Gun match. Because of byzantine rules we probably won't be able to have competitors shoot on the move.

We would have competitors shoot each gun from a box, and move between boxes once previous gun has been grounded.

From what I've read we would be closer to "Club series" stages/events.

We would probably also have to "localize" targets:
- go with IPSC poppers instead of US/pepper poppers ==> targets could be reused for IPSC events (steel targets require some significant investment upfront; any opportunity to get some ROI/amortization would help)
- use ISSF 25/50m paper target which are easily available and "close enough" (19.5" circle with 8" black center zone)

As you can see a number of restrictions that would make our event significantly stray from the 3Gun Nation canon! But you have to work with the cards you're dealt ...

Anyway popper chassis, clay flippers, rifle target posts have been designed on computer. I'm about to send requests for quotes for 500HB steel plates... but now I'm stalling a bit when it comes to designing stages.

I've registered on 3gunnation.com to take a look at the classifiers stages. I understand that they're meant to get a baseline but I'm looking for stages that are a bit more target-rich. Although I admit there can be two schools of thoughts on this:
- short/very quick stages so that you could probably shoot the whole 5 or 6 stages in the morning and start over in the afternoon
or
- heavier stages which you would probably be able to shoot only once

Here's my first and currently only stage:

http://www.funshoot.fr/media/96/stage01_00_render00.jpg
http://www.funshoot.fr/media/98/stage01_00_render01.jpg

[...]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
C1-C6 : clays / shotgun
SP1-SP4 : steel plates / shotgun or pistol
P1-P10 : steel IPSC poppers (standard size and mini) / pistol
PR1-PR2 : partially obscured paper targets / pistol or rifle
R1-R2/CR1-CR2 and CR3-CR4/R3-R4 : paper targets and clay targets in two groups / rifle; mandatory reload

I might actually move to 4 clays / 6 plates instead of 6 / 4.

Because of current gun laws in France, most competitors will run semi-auto shotguns limited to 2+1 rounds (getting an unrestricted semi-auto shotgun requires more paperwork; like a handgun). So having the ability to fall back to pistol would probably level the field with guys running an 8+1 semi-auto benelli.

Bay is 70ft deep; 50ft wide as would most of the bays.

We'd have one stage where we could go up to 50m/55yards which would allow us to shoot steel targets with rifles and maybe a couple of slugs. But most rifle shooting would be on paper or clay targets (on cardboard stands). Probably going to throw barricades somewhere in the stages.

As you can see my design is quite bland/symmetric. And right now whenever I want to start another stage I more or less end up with something awfully close. That's why I would like to pick your brains ! (BRAINS! ZOMBIE! )

Any idea where I could steal ideas get inspiration ?

Rambling over. Thanks !
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, the pics seem to have gotten lost.

Here are links to the full rez pics, just in case:
http://www.funshoot.fr/media/97/stage01_00_render00.jpg

http://www.funshoot.fr/media/99/stage01_00_render01.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top