Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2015 4:25:49 PM EDT
Last evening I got to watch the Pro Series #8 match live on LiveStream.

Though I enjoy the 30 minute show dedicated to each match, the LiveStream feed gave me a lot more of what I want to see,  That's lots of shooting.

For those that are interested but have not tried LiveStream, a few observations.  Initially I logged into Livestream with ROKU.  Very handy but in my case, very unreliable. Probably a problem on my end but end result was not great.  I do not know if they are available elsewhere, but LiveStream has several clips from Match #7 and now Match #8 available for those that were not able to watch the show live.

Not happy with ROKU, I switched to laptop.  Some of the feed issues still remained but 3GN staff seemed aware of this and worked to keep things running.  One of the features of the laptop version is that a counter shows how many are also viewing.  I was surprised that only a few hundred took advantage of the show.  Perhaps as more become aware of this option, the numbers will increase.

End result was I got a great view of over 90% of the shooting.  I hope this option will continue to be available for future matches.

And just a quick comment on the shooting.  As the season progressed, the shooters got better.  The time spreads between the top shooter and the last shooter was the smallest of the matches I've been able to watch.  And the gear got better.  I only saw one equipment problem (a pistol jam) for the entire match.

Good luck to the folks that made it to the finale October 10th.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched.. liked the format and behind the scenes.

Would like it even more if they were able to fit in a review of what firearms each competitor was using.  I'm interested in seeing the details on pistols, shotgun, rifle etc., how folks have them configured.  That kind of stuff is really interesting and I don't see a lot of that information up to date online.

Also, anyone know what kind of pistol that was that jammed on the shootoff last night?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also, anyone know what kind of pistol that was that jammed on the shootoff last night?
View Quote

It was a custom 2011 that gave him problems.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was the guy starting all the shooters for each stage and the competition definitely got stiffer as the year progressed.

There was guys going to the eliminator with times that won the stage earlier in the season. The 3.28 run on the Death Star was amazing in person.

Mark Hannish was the guy with the jamb that ultimately lost the match. He was on fire with 3 stage wins and no trips to the eliminator. That was the main reason we changed from stage guns and ammo to competitor supplied equipment for the shoot offs.

Tune in Oct 8th for the Prelim runs with all 16 Pros who made it in to get down to the top 8 for the 50k shoot off at 4pm on the 10th.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What time will things start on the 8th?

Anything scheduled for the 9th?

Thanks.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to admit, this new system has me a little confused. So this year`s Championship took place in Tulsa? I thought it was always held in Vegas just before the SHOT show? And from watching on TV, it appeared that the PRO series took place completely at one range?

Logistically it makes things simpler and cuts down on travel expenses and time demands on the competitors. Will it rotate among ranges in the future if this format is retained?
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to admit, this new system has me a little confused. So this year`s Championship took place in Tulsa? I thought it was always held in Vegas just before the SHOT show? And from watching on TV, it appeared that the PRO series took place completely at one range?

Logistically it makes things simpler and cuts down on travel expenses and time demands on the competitors. Will it rotate among ranges in the future if this format is retained?
View Quote

Last year all the Pro matches and shootoff were held at the same range as well.  Not sure what the future format will be.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top