Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 1/20/2014 8:04:00 AM EDT
What 3 Gun Division do you like to compete in?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
While I currently compete in Tac Ops due to the fact I want to be competitive with the gear I currently have, I got to borrow a buddies open gear for a match one time and had a blast. Now I just have to the up the $7000 needed to get a open shotgun and pistol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always competed in Tac Optics with the exception of before I had an optic for my rifle.  That was before most matches (including USPSA) started allowing red dots in Limited.  I think this year I'm going to try using my 11.5 SBR with an Eotech in Limited a couple times just for giggles.   I know it won't be as fast as my dedicated rifle, but it's just fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Open only at the big matches. But at club matches I shoot both tac optics and open..
Pat
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I clicked wrong, Tac-Limited here with a couple heavy metal matches thrown in for fun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
Open is fun but its not big enough.  Some day I wish there would be a championship match for each division where everyone shot Open or TI or Heavy Irons.  Kind of like USPSA Pistol Nationals.
View Quote

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]
We have thought about holding a 2 day match except instead of doing the normal 8 stages. Have the same match both days and one day you enter in one division and the next you chose another. 2 matches.
Pat
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have only shot in Limited. I may shoot in Tac-Optics this year but haven't decided yet.

I haven't shot as well in Limited as I would like to so I may focus on Limited another year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I love to shoot Heavy Metal Limited, however I started out in Limited.  I am now doing Tac-Ops due to ammo prices.. the .308 costs are a bummer.  I was in most cases the ONLY shooter in HM Limited, and maybe 4 others in HM at all.  I had fun, which is what I am really aiming for.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I shoot Limited with a Leupold Prismatic.
It's just like shooting with any nice 6x optic, but requires skill.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Heavy Irons. Tac Irons is a close second.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Tactical Optics
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Not saying its ever gonna happen but I was just chatting about such a concept with 3GN Pro Series MD Rob Romero about this exact concept.  Maybe in a year or two when 3GN has the regionals running like a top.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glockfan:
Open is fun but its not big enough.  Some day I wish there would be a championship match for each division where everyone shot Open or TI or Heavy Irons.  Kind of like USPSA Pistol Nationals.

That would be awesome.

Not saying its ever gonna happen but I was just chatting about such a concept with 3GN Pro Series MD Rob Romero about this exact concept.  Maybe in a year or two when 3GN has the regionals running like a top.

Its just a matter of time.  As the young guns get older and the eyesight gives out, red dots and magazine fed shotguns will finally rule the sport.  Just not in my lifetime (crap).  i"m already in Open.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Tac-Ops usually to keep the equipment list simple.  Sometimes Limited.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Heavy Metal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I honestly am so new to 3-Gun that I am just starting out in USPSA with a pistol only. That being said, I want to stick to factory/limited parameters so that I can work on my speed versus accuracy techniques.

I realize that many love the look of the high-end race arms created by the arms race of the anything goes divisions. I would rather compete on human skills versus cutting edge technology. That, and to be honest, I have a limited budget to fund the addiction right now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 4:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THM7] [#18]
Edit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top