Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@lilmac25
This is where you shoot a pig. In the face, not the foot .....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/2009CC95-CE56-4939-9011-D6C39E0164FD_jpeg-955640.JPG
There were a couple through-the-eye shots and ear-hole snipes.

Melvin’s shot through the ass of one was nice
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There were a couple through-the-eye shots and ear-hole snipes.

Melvin’s shot through the ass of one was nice
View Quote
Arkansas Heart  shot? Or remember the Alamo?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy smokes this thread makes me so happy!  Go get 'em, boys!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m not saying you suck, I’m just saying you have bad luck with all the factors that affect bullet trajectory/poi
View Quote
Oh yeah well... well... well... uh.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Tim, see if Melvin has video available. There were multiple times pigs fell drt the same way at the exact same time.

Synchronized dirt naps is the best pig sport.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Have a shit ton of face shooting on video . If somebody teach me how to hot link to google drive, we could all enjoy the carnage.  Until then, sorry that I’m stupid with computer stuff...
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
This should help....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
What flavor?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Half hornady 120sst. Half cheap steel case shit for my people that can’t shoot.... I’m looking at you @lilmac25
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Half hornady 120sst. Half cheap steel case shit for my people that can’t shoot.... I’m looking at you @lilmac25
View Quote
Lol, it’s not like I use your ammo or even thermal and guns anymore! I bring my own! And I just added a 12.5” 300 AAC rig for hogs.

Aside from that, hopefully I’ll be able to get back up there in the fall. Kiddo is growing fast and wife has went back to work (for now). Next time I’m bringing a buddy, so he will need thermal.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]
No problem.  She ever tell you who the daddy was?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#12]
. Managed to shoot a couple in the face, but short trip . Whole working for a living cramping our style .....
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Hope everybody has a good weekend
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#13]
6 before the rain out.....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
That's almost a 6-pack.

4-Tall boys and 2-7oz ponies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's almost a 6-pack.

4-Tall boys and 2-7oz ponies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Wasn’t our best night, but damn sure beats sitting on the couch ....
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#17]
We had some tornados around last week.  I about crapped my pants when we found this on one of the game cams this morning.

Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a squirrel tail over the camera.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Had me fooled.   I looked at that picture for a minute before I read the next post
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wasn’t our best night, but damn sure beats sitting on the couch ....
View Quote
Amen to that
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Eight little ones this morning in one trap.  The dogs have been eating good lately.  The pigs have really started moving again.

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice haul.  You don’t sell them when you trap them?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice haul.  You don’t sell them when you trap them?
View Quote
We'll either cut the hindquarters and backstraps off the smaller males and most of the sows, or give them to local Mexican and Cambodian families.  They love them.  The big boars we'll just dump them whole into the Boneyard.  It's amazing how many vultures are around.  South Van Zandt.

Got this boy this morning.  He was mad about it.  Hit the trap so hard when I walked up, he snapped his front lower tooth off at the gum.  Got a video of it happening.  We just drug him to the Boneyard.  Hit him in the top of the head and the exit wound you can see on his belly.  I thought I used a Doubletap 200 gn solid, but I forgot to change the mag and used a 165 gn Gold Dot.  Good penetration

Link Posted: 6/21/2019 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn brother, get some!!  nice
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m with you.  Used to do same thing. But bride don’t care for it, so I’ve got to cook it . So basically, I’m out on wild pig now .  No Cambodia’s here, Mexican guy that used to work with us would cook them whole. Regardless of size....  could smell it all weekend
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#26]
My wife uses the backstraps to make tamales and egg rolls.  They both turn out really good.  The ribs are usually good on the smoker, but I just can't quite get the hindquarters to come out really good on the smoker. Fortunately I've got dogs that don't seem to mind my cooking even when I don't get it right.

My Cambodian friend makes awesome spicy pork with it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
My bride and my oldest don’t care for it. Me and youngest like it. So it’s a tie, and tie always goes to the bride .  Now that I think of it, most decisions go to the bride.... I’m lucky though, she puts up with my degenerate sidekicks, and orders ammo when supply looks low .did quick trip the other night. Had bad weather , and have to travel a long way for this stupid work thing. Will be out of the game for a while. Hopefully somebody will keep this going. I enjoy stacking them up, and like seeing other folks do the same Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My bride and my oldest don't care for it. Me and youngest like it. So it's a tie, and tie always goes to the bride .  Now that I think of it, most decisions go to the bride.... I'm lucky though, she puts up with my degenerate sidekicks, and orders ammo when supply looks low .did quick trip the other night. Had bad weather , and have to travel a long way for this stupid work thing. Will be out of the game for a while. Hopefully somebody will keep this going. I enjoy stacking them up, and like seeing other folks do the same https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/6FC78325-6277-4FD5-8282-B1B7EB650108_png-992145.JPG
View Quote
Damn dude, one day I'm going to have to make an effort to come your way and tag along.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Told you offer was open. I have some sketchy ar15.com references if needed
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My wife uses the backstraps to make tamales and egg rolls.  They both turn out really good.  The ribs are usually good on the smoker, but I just can't quite get the hindquarters to come out really good on the smoker. Fortunately I've got dogs that don't seem to mind my cooking even when I don't get it right.

My Cambodian friend makes awesome spicy pork with it.
View Quote
Do you cover the hams? I've found they need to be covered and apple or orange pineapple juice added helps keep them moist. I couldn't find my ham pic's I'll look later on my computer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I spritz them with apple cider vinegar and will cover them with bacon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I spritz them with apple cider vinegar and will cover them with bacon.
View Quote
Try wrapping them with a brown grocery sack and aluminum foil, or a enamel covered pan. Then if they're still a bit dry pull some pork and put into a pan reseason a bit and put it back on the smoker for a few minutes to soak up some juice. I like to give my hams 2-4 hours of smoke and then I glaze and cover them in a good enamel pan with foil over the top.

I couldn't find some of my food pictures. But there's my enamel pan. Even store bought ham can get dry on a stick burner smoker. I like a honey mustard glaze with a dry rub with some cayenne pepper with a little chili powder and cinnamon and nutmeg.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow!  That's a good size ham.  Good looking bark too.

Added six more to the Boneyard this morning.

The game cam has picked up a big boar around this one trap.  This morning, the door of the trap was down, but nothing was there.  Something big did this.  Never had this happen before.

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Put the hams in for a few minutes at 500F to sear and seal, then reduce heat and cover with a layer of bacon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow!  That's a good size ham.  Good looking bark too.

Added six more to the Boneyard this morning.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/abtikl.jpg

The game cam has picked up a big boar around this one trap.  This morning, the door of the trap was down, but nothing was there.  Something big did this.  Never had this happen before.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/iclfnb.jpg
View Quote

Ham was off this guy we caught and feed out. It surprised me he didn't have more fat but it turned out pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#36]
It is surprising some times about the lack of fat.  Some times you get lucky.  Look at the fat on this little gilt.  She was skinned too. And delicious.

Link Posted: 6/29/2019 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It is surprising some times about the lack of fat.  Some times you get lucky.  Look at the fat on this little gilt.  She was skinned too. And delicious.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2n0k5lw.jpg
View Quote
I think she really enjoyed the short time she spent at the corn feeder?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My bride and my oldest don’t care for it. Me and youngest like it. So it’s a tie, and tie always goes to the bride .  Now that I think of it, most decisions go to the bride.... I’m lucky though, she puts up with my degenerate sidekicks, and orders ammo when supply looks low .did quick trip the other night. Had bad weather , and have to travel a long way for this stupid work thing. Will be out of the game for a while. Hopefully somebody will keep this going. I enjoy stacking them up, and like seeing other folks do the same https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/6FC78325-6277-4FD5-8282-B1B7EB650108_png-992145.JPG
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
I feel like the first one is directed at Melvin, so I’m not irritated.

The second one? Definitely directed at me. Bastage!

@Demphna2 watch your cornhole, bud!
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I feel like the first one is directed at Melvin, so I'm not irritated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bride and my oldest don't care for it. Me and youngest like it. So it's a tie, and tie always goes to the bride .  Now that I think of it, most decisions go to the bride.... I'm lucky though, she puts up with my degenerate sidekicks, and orders ammo when supply looks low .did quick trip the other night. Had bad weather , and have to travel a long way for this stupid work thing. Will be out of the game for a while. Hopefully somebody will keep this going. I enjoy stacking them up, and like seeing other folks do the same https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/6FC78325-6277-4FD5-8282-B1B7EB650108_png-992145.JPG
Quoted:
I feel like the first one is directed at Melvin, so I'm not irritated.

Haha sounds like I'll fit right in
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2n0k5lw.jpg
View Quote
You gonna brine it in that pan? Or smoke as is ?
Looks like @lilmac25 shot it, got no feet...
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I never thought about brining it.  I smoked it whole.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Got four sows and a little boar this morning.  Good eating size.

Link Posted: 7/5/2019 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]
It's been absolutely dismal the last few nights.

I couldn't buy a porkchop.

Hot, humid, the ranchers aren't feeding much, just bad conditions for finding pigs.

They must be laying up in the creek bottoms with food just falling in their mouth.

Had a little sliver of moon last night and a chance of rain coming.

Maybe this will change up their pattern.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's been absolutely dismal the last few nights.

I couldn't buy a porkchop.

Hot, humid, the ranchers aren't feeding much, just bad conditions for finding pigs.

They must be laying up in the creek bottoms with food just falling in their mouth.

Had a little sliver of moon last night and a chance of rain coming.

Maybe this will change up their pattern.
View Quote
Only thing I can tell you locate a good wallow. I think they're laying up in the creek bottoms trying to avoid the biting fly's. Seemed like they were all over a day or two ago but after I killed one they're holding tight to cover.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Only thing I can tell you locate a good wallow. I think they're laying up in the creek bottoms trying to avoid the biting fly's. Seemed like they were all over a day or two ago but after I killed one they're holding tight to cover.
View Quote
I have an idea of where they are laying up in a coupla pastures. Hunting them will involve a lot of walking to get back to the creeks and ponds.

Once we get a little more moon, I may be forced to go stir them up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#46]
One big sow and eight juniors this week.

Link Posted: 7/12/2019 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
One big sow and eight juniors this week.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/mmebvd.jpg
View Quote
Man that's a pile of good pig's
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad somebody still killing.  I’m stuck 2500 miles away doing the dumb work thing. Trigger finger twitching, and beer up here less than desirable.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You are tearing them things up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are tearing them things up!
Man that's a pile of good pig's
They've been all around lately.  Healthy, fat, corn fed pork.

My friend shot this medium size boar last night.  Flat out cold stoned it from about 150 yards with a 6.5 Grendel to the base of the neck.

Glad somebody still killing. I’m stuck 2500 miles away doing the dumb work thing. Trigger finger twitching, and beer up here less than desirable.
You'll be stacking them deep before long.  2500 miles away is out there.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top