Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We eat them.  Usually cut the hindquarters and backstraps off.  I have a Cambodian friend who feeds his extended family with the whole ones we bring him.  He owns the local donut shop and trades apple fritters and spicy sausage kolaches for whole pigs. He's a heckuva cook too.  His spicy pork lights me up.

Killed three sows this morning.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2qsz788.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you do with all the hogs?
We eat them.  Usually cut the hindquarters and backstraps off.  I have a Cambodian friend who feeds his extended family with the whole ones we bring him.  He owns the local donut shop and trades apple fritters and spicy sausage kolaches for whole pigs. He's a heckuva cook too.  His spicy pork lights me up.

I wish he was closer to me!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I like wild pork. So does youngest.  My oldest and my bride don’t care for it.  Bride wins... if I had more time and could make sausage ect, we’d probably eat more.

Side note @nfaslinger , your inbox is full
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent you text . Gave up on this message system .
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's been forever and a day since I did this research, but when I was looking into people getting sick from eating wild hogs, it was surprising to see how often the cooks were from Laos or Cambodia.  Something about their traditional recipes either not being hot enough or cook times long enough to kill the Trichinella.  Caveat cenare.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's been forever and a day since I did this research, but when I was looking into people getting sick from eating wild hogs, it was surprising to see how often the cooks were from Laos or Cambodia.  Something about their traditional recipes either not being hot enough or cook times long enough to kill the Trichinella.  Caveat cenare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee thanks.  Now you tell me.

For this particular recipe, he marinated thin cut strips in Thai chilis, galanga, lemongrass, etc., then pounded it flat and fried it.  Pretty easy to get it to temp.  But I hear what you're saying.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gee thanks.  Now you tell me.

For this particular recipe, he marinated thin cut strips in Thai chilis, galanga, lemongrass, etc., then pounded it flat and fried it.  Pretty easy to get it to temp.  But I hear what you're saying.
View Quote
That sounds amazing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Would like to be on record as saying dead pig recipes/cooking methods, in this thread, is approved of.  Stupid work/life has gotten in way of shooting pigs in the face, the last couple weeks . This new twist helps.  Hope everybody’s family is healthy and happy .
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Found one of the traps flipped over a few days ago.  He must have been pissed.  Anchored it with some t-posts now.

Decided to take a selfie with this little guy this morning.  Let him and his little brother go.  Amazing how much we looked alike.

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found one of the traps flipped over a few days ago.  He must have been pissed.  Anchored it with some t-posts now.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/v4pbip.jpg

Decided to take a selfie with this little guy this morning.  Let him and his little brother go.  Amazing how much we looked alike.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2r2sxlx.jpg
View Quote
Why did you let it go?
People are putting real time and money into destroying these vermin and you let one go so it can grow, reproduce and cause tremendous damage to everything it touches.

WTH were you thinking?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Because two little boars aren't going to make a difference.  Plus I've gotten a little sentimental in my old age.  Except for humans.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why did you let it go?
People are putting real time and money into destroying these vermin and you let one go so it can grow, reproduce and cause tremendous damage to everything it touches.

WTH were you thinking?
View Quote
I would respectfully disagree with the above. Folks are putting money into it, because it’s badass to shoot them from 40 yds in the pitch black of night. If that was illegal, they wouldnt give that same 30k worth of gear money to a landowner for traps.  Then the folks that do actually have a “problem “ would put out poison.  And nobody would object to the poison, or the “impact on field larks” , because it would be cutting into their fun time , or putting a picture of one pig on Instagram, and claiming they killed 20......

As a side note, don’t be that dude that takes a picture of one or two pigs, and claim you killed 18.  If you DONT have a picture, it DIDNT happen . Period .  Rant over.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a  lot of BBQ
but watch out for the green worms
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would respectfully disagree with the above. Folks are putting money into it, because it’s badass to shoot them from 40 yds in the pitch black of night. If that was illegal, they wouldnt give that same 30k worth of gear money to a landowner for traps.  Then the folks that do actually have a “problem “ would put out poison.  And nobody would object to the poison, or the “impact on field larks” , because it would be cutting into their fun time , or putting a picture of one pig on Instagram, and claiming they killed 20......

As a side note, don’t be that dude that takes a picture of one or two pigs, and claim you killed 18.  If you DONT have a picture, it DIDNT happen . Period .  Rant over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you let it go?

WTH were you thinking?

Can I be the guy who shot it in the foot?

Again, I mean?

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would respectfully disagree with the above. Folks are putting money into it, because it's badass to shoot them from 40 yds in the pitch black of night. If that was illegal, they wouldnt give that same 30k worth of gear money to a landowner for traps.  Then the folks that do actually have a "problem " would put out poison.  And nobody would object to the poison, or the "impact on field larks" , because it would be cutting into their fun time , or putting a picture of one pig on Instagram, and claiming they killed 20......

As a side note, don't be that dude that takes a picture of one or two pigs, and claim you killed 18.  If you DONT have a picture, it DIDNT happen . Period .  Rant over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you let it go?

WTH were you thinking?
I would respectfully disagree with the above. Folks are putting money into it, because it's badass to shoot them from 40 yds in the pitch black of night. If that was illegal, they wouldnt give that same 30k worth of gear money to a landowner for traps.  Then the folks that do actually have a "problem " would put out poison.  And nobody would object to the poison, or the "impact on field larks" , because it would be cutting into their fun time , or putting a picture of one pig on Instagram, and claiming they killed 20......

As a side note, don't be that dude that takes a picture of one or two pigs, and claim you killed 18.  If you DONT have a picture, it DIDNT happen . Period .  Rant over.
I hear what you're saying but I'm one of those guys that thinks even one dead pug makes a difference.  An incredibly small difference but still a difference.

You're for sure making a difference.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes sir I agree with you. And to be clear, my statement was intended as lighthearted.  Except for the part about IG “killas” .Those dudes are tools.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Again, I mean?

View Quote
No.  Your bad luck
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File
my contribution for the night. Short trip. Got this work thing tomorrow. Hope everybody has a good weekend
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No.  Your bad luck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, I mean?

No.  Your bad luck
Hey, I offered to fill up the tank of the UTV when we met up... (to be fair, it was COOOOOOOLLLLLDDDD) and I wasn’t sure I was gonna survive another couple hrs)
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#20]
And people are so Thick they wonder why I Literally hate to take a hog hunter onto my land?
There’s a steel case dud from the other night. My buddy got three but we were to lazy to drag them up for pictures and it was Cold!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a late submission for last night.....Attachment Attached File
shot him up close to the house.  He was standing where my truck is parkedAttachment Attached File
to put it in perspective, the cabin is where @lilmac25 and @defenderao sleep. Picture taken from my back door.  I almost let him walk, it was gutsy move on his part , and I couldn’t help but laugh at irony.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And people are so Thick they wonder why I Literally hate to take a hog hunter onto my land? https://i.imgur.com/LWlDiXb.mp4
There’s a steel case dud from the other night. My buddy got three but we were to lazy to drag them up for pictures and it was Cold!
View Quote
Just to be clear, I have absolutely no problems w folks that don’t want to take pictures. They stink, and it’s work.  Just dont claim 1000+ a year, with no evidence....
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Except for the part about IG "killas" .Those dudes are tools.
View Quote
IG Killas

That's some funny shit
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a late submission for last night.....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/B7268A55-3A76-41EB-BB92-F2ECD3CA01E8_jpeg-852734.JPG shot him up close to the house.  He was standing where my truck is parkedhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/A3305B7F-71B7-4FF4-A686-D8CE34BBC8F0_png-852736.JPG to put it in perspective, the cabin is where @lilmac25 and @defenderao sleep. Picture taken from my back door.  I almost let him walk, it was gutsy move on his part , and I couldn’t help but laugh at irony.....
View Quote
What did the wife think about you ripping off a 6.8 20ft from her bedroom?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes sir I agree with you. And to be clear, my statement was intended as lighthearted.  Except for the part about IG "killas" .Those dudes are tools.
View Quote
Yeah, my comment wasn't meant to be rude the way it came off. It's hard to get joking inflection on here sometimes. Doesn't help when I forget the
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What did the wife think about you ripping off a 6.8 20ft from her bedroom?
View Quote
Not as understanding as you think she would have been.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm okay with this as long as the bunk bed goes unharmed
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just to be clear, I have absolutely no problems w folks that don’t want to take pictures. They stink, and it’s work.  Just dont claim 1000+ a year, with no evidence....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And people are so Thick they wonder why I Literally hate to take a hog hunter onto my land? https://i.imgur.com/LWlDiXb.mp4
Yeah it took me fifteen years to hit a 1000. And most of those were sold live back in the day when cutters brought good money. My best year was 92 and there’s people a little further west that get that many in a month. But there’s mainly small properties here and lots of public land that’s not open to night hunting. You can’t believe how many people down here have one for a pet! And you can’t believe how many small land owners are against you shouting them. My wife’s had one for a pet now for sixteen years. He’s getting so crippled up I’m just waiting for the day she tells me we’ve gotta haul him off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm okay with this as long as the bunk bed goes unharmed
View Quote
No freaking kidding!
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

23 for the night, with a bonus yote.  Always good to get out and shoot pigs in the face
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/79FB361F-BA71-4CC0-B590-9F9A5D3425CA_png-868961.JPG
23 for the night, with a bonus yote.  Always good to get out and shoot pigs in the face
View Quote
In the Face. I bet there's a few Arkansas heart shot's in there?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467317/79FB361F-BA71-4CC0-B590-9F9A5D3425CA_png-868961.JPG
View Quote
Looks like someone was having some fun.
Shoot em in the face, shoot em in the ass (or foot lilMAC25) as long as you shoot em
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Dang..... lilmack got called out by a dude halfway across the country.  That made my day
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Since @lilmac25 was brought up, I felt it was needed to show of his precision like accuracy on moving targets.  Very few folks I hunt with can do this on a regular basis.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shoot em in the face, shoot em in the ass (or foot lilMAC25) as long as you shoot em
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just had a baby boy on 2/22 so I won’t even have a chance to clear my good name aim any time soon.

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/uPTp0I1c3sfQs/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c8159b651734b37556b0179

Just had a baby boy on 3/22 so I won't even have a chance to clear my good name aim any time soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/uPTp0I1c3sfQs/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c8159b651734b37556b0179

Just had a baby boy on 3/22 so I won't even have a chance to clear my good name aim any time soon.

Wow that's  impressive. You have a time traveling newborn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

shoot em in the foot first then you don't need to lead them as much.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just had a baby boy on 3/22 so I won’t even have a chance to clear my good name aim any time soon.

View Quote
Didn’t know you had the baby. Congrats.  In the future, Please refrain from taking focus off your shooting skills.  This is a pig killing thread, anybody can make babies. That’s not a skill
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Didn't know you had the baby. Congrats.  In the future, Please refrain from taking focus off your shooting skills.  This is a pig killing thread, anybody can make babies. That's not a skill
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't know you had the baby. Congrats.  In the future, Please refrain from taking focus off your shooting skills.  This is a pig killing thread, anybody can make babies. That's not a skill
Hilarious!
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Are you guys around the Red River area by chance?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#42]
If you’re asking me, no I’m not.  Wish I was still, but will be a while before I can back up there
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hilarious!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m so tired my days are all thrown off... imagine how bad wifey has it!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m so tired my days are all thrown off... imagine how bad wifey has it!
View Quote
Yeah just imagine carring for the helpless and a newborn. Poor woman needs a Sainthood.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:23:20 AM EDT
[#46]
11 for the night so far.  Was our first skirmishAttachment Attached File
notice they all fit in back of the ranger, that is now broken down......
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#47]
2nd skirmish got 13 more. 27 for the night so far Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Phone died , so did ranger.   Mostly babies.  27 for the eve
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice Facial reconstruction!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Most photo evidence. Don’t want to be called an IG Killa......Attachment Attached File
think we only killed 9 that were better than 175 or so.  Most of rest still had stripes
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top