Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 1:54:08 PM EDT
There's been a few threads here and in other forums about the guy who got deaded while pig hunting at night.

One of the options for avoiding this fate has been a handwarmer attached to a hat, helmet or some other body part.

This is really not so effective, I tried it out and while the handwarmer was visible it just didn't scream "I'm not a pig" enough
for me to be confident in relying on one.

If you think you might be hunting in an area with other thermal, IIT, or just white light equipped hunters I suggest you go buy a decent
headlamp with a blinking red light and wear on your head/helmet.

Thermal may not pickup the red light but the good old human eyeball ought to be able to easily enough.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
IR beacon might help.

I hunt private property well off the beaten path so I'm fairly safe (nothing is 100%).
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
so when can we let this go?   A dumbass shot a guy.  It happens a lot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No Sir, thermals will not see IR beacons like standard I^2 NVD's do.
View Quote
Good to know... thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The best course of action would be to train people to ID their target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top