Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 7:17:13 PM EDT
Headed home from the range just now, thought I'd check one of the pastures.  Sure enough, about 20+ pigs. When I shot this one the scattered... but due to cattle in the pasture, I won't shoot at running pigs and risk hitting a cow. I'd like to hang a feeder in this area but the cows would scoop it all up.

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job Op. We use electric fences the pigs can go under to get to the feeders and traps.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!!  That looks like a pretty good sized hog.  How much do you think it weighs?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!!!  That looks like a pretty good sized hog.  How much do you think it weighs?
View Quote
Pic makes him look bigger... I'd say he was about 80 pounds.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Headed home from the range just now, thought I'd check one of the pastures.  Sure enough, about 20+ pigs. When I shot this one the scattered... but due to cattle in the pasture, I won't shoot at running pigs and risk hitting a cow. I'd like to hang a feeder in this area but the cows would scoop it all up.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/923/sgB1fj.jpg
View Quote

Maybe try some pig pipes, or better yet a roller barrel. I got tired of trying to keep the pipes filled and put out a barrel with about 90 lbs of corn in it. Just don't drill too many holes in it and it will last a while. Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top