Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2017 1:32:36 PM EDT
Below is a how to video for a hog bait that I've used to take 40 hogs in the same bait hole in the past couple months.  Anybody else have an quick and easy recipes and tips?...

HansETX:  Quick, Easy, and Effective hog bait and techniques!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That concoction would have every bear in the county invading my hunting hole.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure but my brother in law says corn and diesel works. No way I'd eat a hog that was eating corn fermented in diesel though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've tried everything I've ever read on internet...peanut butter, beer/corn, wine/corn, etc.  
I've found nothing works any better than plain corn.  You can put it in a hole or put it in a pig pipe or just put it on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard about the diesel and corn before.. but although in the video there's a lot of sweet stuff mixed into it, if you let it sour for a few days most animals won't touch it.  The three biggest bait robbers that we have here in East Texas are squirrels, deer, and raccoons.  I've sat and watched these bait holes for many hours and all three never touch the soured corn.  Yeast is the key ingredient.  After a few days of souring it smells God awful!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've tried everything I've ever read on internet...peanut butter, beer/corn, wine/corn, etc.  
I've found nothing works any better than plain corn.  You can put it in a hole or put it in a pig pipe or just put it on the ground.
View Quote
X2 and if you do decide to ferment it just add a little Karol syrup or kool-aid. Coons will eat anything that the hog's will here. For some odd reason the pig's are grazing the hell out of my whitetail clover right now. They aren't even paying attention to my corn pipes.  And they absolutely love to destroy an oat field when the oats are in milk bud.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Corn with strawberry jello mix dumped in it. They go bananas for it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Rice.

Thousands and thousands of acres of rice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Only food items I've found hogs will not eat are banana and raw potato.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently found a deal on some Pig Lickor at Gander going out of business sale.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Corn. Adding a small amount of diesel to the corn just before throwing it out will usually keep the deer and coons off it for a couple days. Some people sour with beer, water, bread, big red, jello etc etc. for a week or so with a lid on it setting in the sun. If I have a bucket with corn in it, I'll throw any old food/produce I have in with it. But again, plain corn seems to work just as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top