Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:40:27 PM EDT

They have armed gangster pigs there!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/wickedplastikman/93970003.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/wickedplastikman/93970004.jpg

just kidding. it was a great place to go. the people there are fantastic and still seem to be able to show their love of hunting. i would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great getaway. decent fishing there too. caught a couple 14" big mouth bass. there's monster catfish there but i didnt catch any of those.

i did catch these tho...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/wickedplastikman/IMG_0780.jpg

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you had a great time with Mr Joe and Randy.  I just smoked a pork butt yesterday, from one of the hogs I killed there, best pulled pork sandwiches ever!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
ahh. making me hungry again. joe and randy are awesome. i already booked my hunt for next year. can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]

"Guinea pigs?"
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ahh. making me hungry again. joe and randy are awesome. i already booked my hunt for next year. can't wait!

It's a great setup for a hog hunting operation isn't it?

Last year over the Christmas holidays, myself, my son, and my grandson.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"Guinea pigs?"

haha that's a good one!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]

i remember. i talked to you about that ranch a few months ago before i went. it was everything i hoped it would be.

and it was my first hunt ever.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Simple recipe for great pulled pork.

1 - Pork Butt
1 bottle BBQ sauce (doesn't matter, you are just basting with it)
Your choice of pork rub (doesn't seem to make much difference which)
1/2 - can of beer or pop
aluminum turkey pak
tin foil

Baste pork butt with BBQ sauce
Liberally cover with rub spices
Put pork butt on 250-300 degree smoker, fat side up, for 2 or 3 hours (this will put a nice bark on the pork butt and puts maximum smoke flavor in the meat)
Take butt off smoker, put in aluminum turkey pan, fat side up (so fat will drip down through the meat as it melts)
Add 1/2 can of beer, pop, or fruit juice (keeps the meat moist and juicy)
cover with tin foil
Bake in 225 degree oven for about 10 hours total cooking time (3 hours on smoker + 7 hours in oven), low and slow is the key
Drain off the juices from the pan
Turn the oven off, put the pork butt back in the oven and let the pork butt "rest" for an hour or so. (helps make it more tender)

The leg bone should pull out easily, that's how you know it's done.
Chunks of meat will pull off very easily, chop these up a little against the grain and/or use 2 forks to pull the meat apart.
I'm picky and throw out any big fatty chunks, but don't pick out all the fat, throw out anything that doesn't look like you would want to eat it.

Serve on a hamburger bun with BBQ sauce

Win
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Warhawk I just ate breakfast and you are making me hungry already.  It's only 9:30 AM and all I got for lunch is a roast beef sandwich.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I had to read this post when I saw 'stay away from langley ranch' because I had never heard or read a bad thing about langley ranch.

gangster pig photos were great.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
i'm glad you liked them. luckily, the gangsters can't shoot for shit so i survived.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top