Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 5:44:03 PM EDT
I'm thinking about buying a double rifle and a 9.3x74R seems to be the cheapest. Anybody here ever used a double 9.3x74R on bison? Would a double rifle even be a good choice for bison? I know it's been used on elehants for over a hundred years but is a double rifle against charging African game different than hunting bison in America? Let me know because I have no idea.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Palladin8] [#1]
Are you hunting Bison on a game ranch where you can walk up to them and shoot them or will you be hunting Buffalo in the Wild?  I ask because there's a big difference.  If on a game ranch you will more than likely be shooting under 100yds but if in the Wild ranges could be further.  The cartridge you listed is capable of taking Buffalo as it has been used in Africa on CPX3 game.  

I don't know how a double rifle would work in the particular application but having a double rifle would be cool.

Not sure what your budget is but I just looked on Gunbroker and they had a few other calibers for right around $5000
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:30:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 70worm] [#2]
In the wild. I'm going to get a Winchester 70 in 375 H&H because it's a little more practical BUT I can't get that double rifle out of my head.

I've been looking at the Sabatti doubles on GunBroker.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The Winchester is certainly a little more practical and will pack a little more punch.  

I too dream of having a nice double rifle one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top