Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Headed for the first hunt of the season in the morning!
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Drove around the perimeter of the FOB yesterday with a Russian single shot 12ga and some #9s.  Didn't see any until I got back to the shop and two were on the porch

CD
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Got 4 on Saturday morning. Much better day. Hit everything I shot at!
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to a opening day shoot yesterday a guy at my church puts on every year. I tied my record of 8 birds in a shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretty slow weekend, small numbers of birds but managed to kill a few both days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it as slow elsewhere as it is here in central NC? I've never seen this few birds. Haven't even burned through a full box of shells in the field yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Went out last Friday afternoon & Saturday afternoon.  Once I tightened up the loose nut behind the stock, I did OK, but goodgawwwdamighty it was HOT!!  Not as many birds as some hunts, but more than others.  Beat the snot out of working!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WJangler04:
Is it as slow elsewhere as it is here in central NC? I've never seen this few birds. Haven't even burned through a full box of shells in the field yet.
View Quote
Still up north guys.
In the migration report I talked about wood ducks.
The flight of doves is unreal in the past 2 weeks, flocks of dozens.
Our duck season in Wi is closed until Sat., might have to dove hunt the next few days.

Went out to a flooded slough Sunday , only had the 20 with #4 blackcloud.
Wish I brought #7 steel, they were very thick.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chukar:

Still up north guys.
In the migration report I talked about wood ducks.
The flight of doves is unreal in the past 2 weeks, flocks of dozens.
Our duck season in Wi is closed until Sat., might have to dove hunt the next few days.

Went out to a flooded slough Sunday , only had the 20 with #4 blackcloud.
Wish I brought #7 steel, they were very thick.
View Quote
Good to know. I'm not well versed in the migration patterns of doves, just getting back into it this year with any kind of seriousness. Dove season opens back up Nov 16th here, looking forward to getting back out there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top