Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 4:42:23 PM EDT
So my puppy ate my old ass Iverson duck call insert (The part where the reed goes)  Should I send it into Iverson and get it fixed for a shit load of money? or should I just buy something else? I've been using it for 20 years continuously, so I don't really know what else is out there. 
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait.... he will poop it out.... it'll still work.  

Ive been using a haydels SZ-05, and like it a lot more than any other cheapie calls I have tried.....    
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
JJLares,call now
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an old duck commander wood call. Have a bunch of fancy acrylics.....I use the DC
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
My goose calls are olts and faulks (77 a50 and an h100)
And my duck calls are a faulks diver a double nasty and an olt, and the squeaker out of an old dog toy, which actually does better on diver sounds than any purpose made call I've run across
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have that and a DRC Rev to mess around with for this fall, so looking forward to seeing how they perform out in the blind.
View Quote
The Rev isn't a bad hunting call.  I had one for a few seasons.  Really looking forward to the new model that will come out for next fall.  The prototype sounds pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I started with a few buck gardner calls back in college they were cheap but at least I could own a duck call. Now days there has to be a million duck call companies out there. Maybe your dog chewing your call is a good thing, could take a look at what other brands and calls are out there. I've actually bought a couple calls from a smaller outfitter and I've noticed they tend to be a little cheaper.

The good thing with the RNT and Zink calls of the world is usually their warranty programs are good when your dog chews through one or you at least can purchase the necessary parts for cheaper than a new call. This article Custom Duck Calls has a few newer companies out there that are making some pretty good duck calls. Plus an idea on what you may spend which now days everything seems to be getting more expensive.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out KES Waterfowlers, I hunt with a couple guys on their prostaff and have a couple of their calls. Their corn cutter call is my go to call
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
20 years of use? I'll bet it has tons of memories associated with it.
Get it fixed, and tuned. Go for another 20 years, <$10 per year.
You could go through a lot of cheap calls (and $) looking for one you like as much as what you're using.

If you want to try an acrylic call, look at the Echo Timber, or the good old Zink Power Hen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top