Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2016 8:05:47 PM EDT
I won a 12ga Versamax  sportsman at a banquet last weekend I want to try it out on some pheasant this week. Question is will it cycle low brass rounds? Released birds so I like light rounds. Usually hunt with 20ga over and under.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
How did things go?

Just bought a V3 (little brother) for my new pheasant gun. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Versa Max and it is an excellent waterfowl gun. That said, it is probably a little heavy for upland (walking around). I would recommend checking out the Remington V3 if you want an upland gun. It is like a refined Versa Max; lighter with a 3" chamber.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a really nice gun, my first auto. Took it out twice and it cycled the light loads great. It is heavier than my O/U for sure. My new pup did great and I was able to take down 4 pheasant over her in 5 shots. Pup and gun are keepers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top