Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2016 2:49:00 PM EDT
Heading out to South Dakota this year for Pheasant hunting, instead of my normal Colorado elk hunting trip...  With that, I'm looking for:

New Shotgun (Picked out - Beretta A400 20ga to match my Beretta A400 12ga)
New Upland vest (TBA?)
New upland boots (haven't even started to look yet.)

I was looking at:

http://www.q5outdoorproducts.com/upland-vests/q5-rimfire-upland-bird-vest/

Any reviews on it?  Anyone have one? Like how it's made?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
1. An A400? Seriously? You're not duck hunting, this is upland... Beretta 686 in 28 gauge.
2. No idea.
3. This, or any one of their other offerings.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. An A400? Seriously? You're not duck hunting, this is upland... Beretta 686 in 28 gauge.
2. No idea.
View Quote

too heavy for 28.

get a spanish sidelock built to scale
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Browning's vest, but it's expensive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

too heavy for 28.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2. No idea.

too heavy for 28.

Ah it's their more expensive models that have the 28 frame. 686 is on a 20 frame. My mistake.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
WingWorks, best vest in the business.

12 or 20ga for wild pheasants in SD, good luck bringing down the tough wild birds when they flush at 40yds. Im a big fan of O/U's but the traditionalist will push a SxS. nothing wrong with taking your A400.

Ive been using a Danner 8" Pronghorn with reinforced toe and 200 Thinsulate for my upland hunting for a few years now. Any lace up that you can put some serious miles in over questionable terrain will do.

We will be in SD at Scattergun Lodge in late October for pheasant, let me know if you are in the area at that time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2. No idea.
View Quote

I have a Beretta white wing 12ga O/U I'm taking. And both of my A400s. Sorry. I like auto loaders alot. If I could pick up a 686 or citori for a decent price in 20 and 12 I would.

Ended up picking up a Browning Bird N Lite vest off amazon for $109. Which, why not at the price.  

Sounds like my elk hunting boots will be fine then. I have Danner elk trackers (basically made in the USA pronghorns) and Irish setter insulated boots.

I'll be in Buffalo butte in early October. Then heading down to the Bahamas for lobster season. First year I haven't gone elk hunting in 10 years.

But I'm going next year again, along with moose in Canada.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda harsh on the A400's.  I have both the 12 and 20 XPLOR models and love them to pieces for upland game.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Kinda harsh on the A400's.  I have both the 12 and 20 XPLOR models and love them to pieces for upland game.
View Quote

I have the a400 unico xplor in 12 and the regular xplor in 20.

The unico is my go-to gun for pheasants, turkey, duck and goose. Since Ohio allows pistol caliber carbines now, 45-70 is my deer caliber. And 300wm for elk/mule deer / bear.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the Wingworks vest,it has room for everything I need, I`ve had it for 6 years , I really like it.
http://wingworks.biz/special-blaze-ballistic-vests-l-xl/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top