Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2016 8:19:58 PM EDT
I own a foxpro electronic caller.  The  caller is a few years old now, while it still works the speaker is starting to become distorted.  There is an 3.5mm jack for an external speaker.  Foxpro external speakers are around $70 plus shipping.  Will any old external speaker with a 3.5mm plug work?  I have found external speakers for c.b radios that are used as intercom speakers for mounting outside of vehicles.  These speakers are much cheaper, would they work for a coyote call, or has anyone ever tried this before?

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Why don't you send your unit into Foxpro and have them fix it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Why don't you send your unit into Foxpro and have them fix it?
View Quote

Are you suggesting a warranty repair? Do they have the same warranty program as Dillon?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Dillon warranty would be great, but...

I was just thinking maybe it wouldn't be too much to have them repair it with factory parts and have it a few more years and really get your money out of it?  Im sure it cost a minimum of $200+ when you bought it new..  Maybe give them a call and ask a price.  

Aren't they close to your part of the country?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
any external speaker should work.  I found one of those big speakers and had been running sounds from a MP3 player and tiny aimplifier.  speaker will work.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
My first caller was an mp3 player, an inline amplifier, and an outdoor speaker from Radio Shack. When I upgraded to a FoxPro, I plugged it in the speaker jack and it has worked fine, no amplifier needed. If it has the right connection, it should work.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
TOA sc-610 speaker - 10 watts, 8 ohms should do you fine at a decent price.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/412421-REG/Toa_Electronics_SC_610_Paging_Horn_Speaker.html

You will have to solder on the 3.5mm plug.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I second calling FoxPro, all they can say is no - which is already what you are looking at.  If it's only 2-3 years and hasn't been abused, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top