Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm currently full timing in a 28' bunkhouse.

What I've learned so far is in   This thread

The shower heads are garbage This one is a good upgrade for the ~$15.

The ceiling vent fans are garbage too.
This one is worth the $115

Have more poo hose than you think you'll need. I have 3 10' sections and a 5' section (with a "Y" as well because I have a gray tank for my kitchen sink too. It's nice to hook them both up because the kitchen tank is tiny).

A short and long hose for fresh water are both useful. I also carry a 50' garden hose for hosing stuff off and for using the sprayer for the black tank.

Get a tote for your poo hose and accessories.

Get used to thinking about your families waste products more than you thought possible.

I have been having good luck with "unique" enzyme for the tanks. It does a decent job with the odor and I don't notice many solids when dumping, so I assume that it's breaking stuff down fairly well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have more poo hose than you think you'll need. I have 3 10' sections and a 5' section (with a "Y" as well because I have a gray tank for my kitchen sink too. It's nice to hook them both up because the kitchen tank is tiny).

A short and long hose for fresh water are both useful. I also carry a 50' garden hose for hosing stuff off and for using the sprayer for the black tank.

Get used to thinking about your families waste products more than you thought possible.

I have been having good luck with "unique" enzyme for the tanks. It does a decent job with the odor and I don't notice many solids when dumping, so I assume that it's breaking stuff down fairly well.
View Quote

I've been using the Unique enzyme for a year and really like it. It does a better job than any drop-in pouch treatment I've used in the past.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well everyone, maiden voyage is about 2 weeks out.  I think we are covered, but we will see.  I saw a few neat ideas that I thought I would share.  They seem neat to me at least.  Saw these online somewhere.  The battery box is just going to hold fittings, gaskets, etc.  Its super secure-we will see.  I have $18 in it if not.  The other one is a cap screwed to the bumper caps so i dont have to go fishing.  Ive got one hose attached to each end the same way, to give me two hoses.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO you're gonna tire quickly of that strap on the battery box. I saw someone else use an ammo can or something similar, that style clasp seems like it'd be a lot easier to deal with over time.

I have a rear compartment that's all my leveling blocks, tire covers, etc. and a tote that goes in there with my sewer stuff (besides hose). Elbow just goes in a bag in the tote and it's never gotten anything else gross.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whatever you do with your roof vent make sure you put a cover on it.  That way it can be open in the rain and accidentally leaving it open won't ruin your camper.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

I went with this on that does both.  It's worth the money if you do any offgrid camping during the summer.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I realize you probably have a electric awning but pick up a couple of the metal awning hooks from any rv dealer. I leave one in the main storage compartment and one in the bed of my truck. What ever I want is always in the back. Simply hook it and pull it to yourself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Must have? Covered storage/trailer port when not in use.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Maiden voyage went mostly well.  The wife did lock the keys inside the camper.  

Did also lose the microwave/stove exhaust cover at some point while driving.  Other than that we did well!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whatever you do with your roof vent make sure you put a cover on it.  That way it can be open in the rain and accidentally leaving it open won't ruin your camper.

www.amazon.com/dp/B000UUMM6K

I went with this on that does both.  It's worth the money if you do any offgrid camping during the summer.

www.amazon.com/dp/B002OW5JG2
View Quote

That maxxxxxxx fan looks pretty crazy. I haven't seen one like that before.

I've thought about the normal covers for the fans , but I just haven't wanted to mess with the roof that much.

If I do get to a point where I'm not scared to mess with the roof, I want to add a second roof vent in the master bedroom and put the same fan I put in the bathroom in it. This way I could set the bathroom fan to exhaust and the bedroom fan to suck in and it should do a pretty decent job of keeping good circulation in there. Just cracking a bedroom window and running the fan on exhaust in the bathroom does a reasonable job. Sometimes it gets a little stuffy in the bedroom though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've thought about the normal covers for the fans , but I just haven't wanted to mess with the roof that much.

If I do get to a point where I'm not scared to mess with the roof, I want to add a second roof vent in the master bedroom and put the same fan I put in the bathroom in it. This way I could set the bathroom fan to exhaust and the bedroom fan to suck in and it should do a pretty decent job of keeping good circulation in there. Just cracking a bedroom window and running the fan on exhaust in the bathroom does a reasonable job. Sometimes it gets a little stuffy in the bedroom though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B000UUMM6K

www.amazon.com/dp/B002OW5JG2

The Max fan running with windows open moves a lot of air.  Swapping out the fan is easy and safe.  

Just adding a cover only involves some brackets and takes less than 30 minutes.  With them installed you can leave the vent open all the time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I need to replace the exhaust fan above the stove.  Damn thing is so noisy we just stopped using it and just use the rooftop exhaust fan which is not the best idea as it pulls the hot/greasy air from the stove up to the ceiling.

Want to replace the water pump as well.  Way too noisy.  It will wake me up if someone uses the bathroom at night.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top