BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did 3 semesters on the engineering track and switched over to the business school.

Got my MBA there too.

It all worked out but I definitely subjected myself to more advanced math than necessary.

Where'd you go?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mercersfinest4 Are you a fellow engineer? Mercer was my second choice!
Did 3 semesters on the engineering track and switched over to the business school.

Got my MBA there too.

It all worked out but I definitely subjected myself to more advanced math than necessary.

Where'd you go?
Tiny school in Atlanta you've probably never heard of...
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have loved to pass on him and let him grow another few years but game management isn't thought about there.  Hopefully the next generation will be able to change that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Archery opens tomorrow.

Senior moment on the camera as I forgot to set the date and time.  Downloaded this picture the beginning of this month.  Nothing spectacular but hopefully will eat good.

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Archery opens tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Before and after pics from last year.

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That buck in the second pic is really nice. I've got one that looks like a younger version of him at my place. I saw him bedded down on Weds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a lot of us are getting started tomorrow. I'll be taking my nephew to my hunting club. I really want to go after some of the big ones at my house, but it's opening day and he's got the hunting bug bad. Neither of his parents really hunt much and I drive right past his house to go to the hunting club. I've had a good time teaching him the ropes the last few years and he's 15 now, so I have a feeling it won't be long before chasing a whole different type of white tails becomes more important than deer hunting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Archery opens tomorrow.

Senior moment on the camera as I forgot to set the date and time.  Downloaded this picture the beginning of this month.  Nothing spectacular but hopefully will eat good.

http://i.imgur.com/vKMtPCw.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Archery opens tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/vKMtPCw.jpg
Welcometothepartypal.jpg
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've had a good time teaching him the ropes the last few years and he's 15 now, so I have a feeling it won't be long before chasing a whole different type of white tails becomes more important than deer hunting.
View Quote
That's sig line material right there
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing but meat in my camera, not that I’m complaining

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow, great buck!
View All Quotes
Thanks
Did I mention I got him opening night...
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks
Did I mention I got him opening night...
View Quote
No I read the post again, and I don’t believe you did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone else connect this weekend.
Skip to 3:00 for the shooting

Lid cam video harvesting a doe at 45 yards
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats. I saw a total of 2 deer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Congrats. I saw a total of 2 deer.
View Quote
Thanks, I saw 5.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats. I fought the wind all day on Saturday and lost. Maybe this weekend will be better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats.  The only thing moving for me Saturday were mosquitoes.  Thank God for Thermacell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice. Now ziptie some pipe insulation to those rails before something clatters and you spook the big buck.  

I haven't been able to hunt yet but am working like crazy to prep for the opener. Can't wait to get out there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#21]
due to river flooding pushing deer out of the bottoms, my 40 acres of river bluff is getting quite a bit of daytime movement.
Sorry for the pictures of pictures, my buddy isn't very technologically advanced when it comes to checking our cameras, so he just takes pictures of the camera screen he uses to check cards, and I didn't have time to pull cards and swap fresh ones in while up there over the weekend.

Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your thumb was pointing up for a second, I thought I ready to witness a live thumb dismemberment
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
For the guys (or gals) who bow hunt, do you carry both a pair of binoculars and a rangefinder? My rangefinder is only 4x, but so is the scope on the crossbow. The binoculars I use are 10x.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For the guys (or gals) who bow hunt, do you carry both a pair of binoculars and a rangefinder? My rangefinder is only 4x, but so is the scope on the crossbow. The binoculars I use are 10x.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a rangefinder and keep meaning to bring my binoculars, but forget them every time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I carry a rangefinder and keep meaning to bring my binoculars, but forget them every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you definitely don't need them then?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I carry both.  My range finder stays in my chest pocket on the right side and the lanyard is pinned to the seam at the right shoulder of my jacket/shirt.  This way I can find, use, and put away or drop the range finder without much movement at all.

My binocs generally stay in my backpack while bow hunting.  I rarely need to use them quickly in bow hunting situations.  If I need them, I retrieve them, use them, and put them back.  If I do wear them, because I'm sitting on a field and want to be able to observe deer regularly, I'll put my harness on them and wear them in the stand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the biggest deer in the family count?

Buddy took this last week...54.5" spread...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely carry both
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It depends on where and how I’m hunting. I usually have both of them in my pack and don’t change my pack too much.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Absolutely carry both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely carry both
But why? I'm drastically trying to downsize the load I take to the field, so I'm trying to figure out if the 4x rangefinder is good enough for bow hunting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I usually try to get my ranges before hunting season opens, so I don't carry a rangefinder while hunting.
I sometimes carry binoculars.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But why? I'm drastically trying to downsize the load I take to the field, so I'm trying to figure out if the 4x rangefinder is good enough for bow hunting.
View Quote
I'm bowhuntin in a stand not packing miles into the mountains weight is of no concern I use both every time I hunt. Even if I was on an elk archery hunt I'd still carry both I dont when I elk rifle hunt I can glass with my scope
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely carry both
If you don’t care what you shoot, then they probably wouldn’t be much good. If you’re targeting a specific class of buck, then they might come in handy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Placeholder.

This will be my first season living full time where I love hunting. Virginia!

Got a handful of decent bucks that will be shooters if they get in range of the crossbow. Hope dog season doesn't come too quick
(No offense to dog hunters here, it's just not my preference)
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I am so jealous of the hunts you get to do. I’d love to go to Alaska one of these days, but I know I won’t go home if I ever do. I’ll never leave. That’ll be it. End of story.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Opening day in Pa is in 17 days, I haven't hunted since I was a kid and have never harvested a deer.  Lots of trail cam pics so hoping for a lot of luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
The 2nd day of the season at 7:30 in the evening and I was at church helping out with AWANA.

Link Posted: 9/19/2019 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The 2nd day of the season at 7:30 in the evening and I was at church helping out with AWANA.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222790/419AB435-BE07-48CE-B43C-169F4B7CFF92-1095195.jpg
View Quote
That happens alot!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I carry 8x42 binos and a 6x rangefinder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Nothing yet for my first but what a beautiful morning

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw your thread in GD. Epic hunt! I'd love to go on a moose hunt like that some day!
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Day 2 of IA youth season. Tenderloins for supper. Happy kiddo!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Day 2 of IA youth season. Tenderloins for supper. Happy kiddo!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146284/20190922_172422_jpg-1099761.JPG
View Quote
Excellent I'm ready for some tree stand therapy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Day 2 of IA youth season. Tenderloins for supper. Happy kiddo!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146284/20190922_172422_jpg-1099761.JPG
View Quote

How old is your girl?
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How old is your girl?
View Quote
10. She's been shooting on the range since 6 and listens well, been wanting to go hunting for a while. When IA opened up straight wall rifle calibers, and I built a .357AR we decided it was time.

ETA- and with it being youth season, hers was the only gun we had to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Awesome. Congrats to you both.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howard County is looking good, lots of active trails.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top