Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
Ive been out of the hunting game for over 15 years. I have no idea what a decent tree sand will run.

It wold be nice to get something light weight and easy to carry.

What is ARCOMs recommendation for a decent priced Climbing tree stand. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Want light, Lone Wolf. More comfort, Summit. Buy once....
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Summit Viper SD
Unless you're really tall or really fat but they've got that covered too with other models. 

They're really comfortable and the rifle rest is a must-have feature for gun season.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Summit Razor and one of the older Summit Vipers. The Razor is great for bow hunting, but isn't as comfortable as the Viper. The Razor is lighter. The Viper is like a Lazy Boy 30' up in a tree. Part of my issue with the Razor is that it's too narrow. I'm not a fatbody, but I barely fit in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Light and really small on your back?  Lone Wolf is the only answer.

If you want super comfortable but bulky on the back...Summit.

I won't really even consider others at this point.  I'm a huge Lone Wolf fan.  I find them plenty comfortable for all day sits...so I don't see a need for Summit, but the vast majority of people seem to think they're way more comfortable.  They are more comfortable, but I don't find that worth the bulk.  So I go with the hand climber if I have a super long walk > 2 miles.  Otherwise I roll with the sit-n-climb.

EDIT: Look around the used market...sometimes you can find good deals on these stands.  THey're not cheap, but trust me, if you're carrying them around, you want a good stand.  Spend a year hunting on the ground to save up the money if you need to.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Lone wolf... worth every damn penny.... I one of their climbers, and have pretty much done away with lock on stands... Pre season I pick about about 20 "climbing" trees, slide up them, clear my lanes, branches and walk away.. They are light, quiet and dead simple to use..
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Summit Viper SD - lightweight, easy to use, and rock solid.  

They run about $300, but you should be able to find them for a little less if you shop around.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
lone wolf sit and climb worth the weight from their hand climber as its more comfortable for all day sits. and its still lighter than some than others that are similar.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Summit Viper SD
Unless you're really tall or really fat but they've got that covered too with other models. 

They're really comfortable and the rifle rest is a must-have feature for gun season.
View Quote
This.  All day, every day ending in "y."

I've shot dozens of deer from my Viper, and it's quiet and comfy.  The dynamic duo.

Disclaimer, I am 6 feet, 190 pounds.  If you're "husky" get the Goliath.  

If you like the whole "pack light, freeze at night" suffer bullshit, go with one of the other similar priced "super lightweight" stands.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top