BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

X2

Hopefully they will be on eBay cheap soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kinda want one of those R187s.

X2

Hopefully they will be on eBay cheap soon.

Baofeng will probably have a copy out in a couple months
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have several Signal Sticks, looks way to thick to me.
View Quote

X2.

probably a nagoya
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a Retevis R22 and some moto gear

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Baofeng possibly on the right
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Polish Amateur Radio Operators Support Ukraine via Winlink
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
edited ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
listening to Russian SSB traffic right now on 5.125USB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]
hearing a lot of digital on HFGCS. The waterfall display is interesting when it starts up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Russian flight scheduled into Dulles tomorrow.  https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RSD88/history/20220305/0635Z/ULLI/KIAD  
Coming to haul out the diplomats probably.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]
This seemed like a good article on Ukrainian radios. Seems rather crude compared to US MIL comms.
Ukrainian Radios

"Prior to 2015, Ukraine used a variety of different analog radios to accomplish their mission. Their comms included Soviet-era radios that were extremely outdated. The main challenge was finding replacement part availability. Ground troops in Ukraine used a combination of Icom, Kenwood and Baofeng radios in the field. All of these were analog and did not offer the Ukrainian military the ability to encrypt their communications. That’s a serious strategic disadvantage.
In 2015, Ukraine began a contract with Dolya, a professional radio communications company based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Dolya brought the Ukrainian military into the 21st century with equipment from U.S. manufacturer Motorola. They’re now using VHF (136-174 Mhz) Motorola MotoTRBO radios, in addition to HF radios for over-the-horizon communications."
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Looks like a intercom system. Still cool. That company makes some cool stuff.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
That twitter account posts some neat stuff, worth a follow if this is a topic of interest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good list. I've had my HF rigs tuned to 8992 and 11175 for the past few days, there's a good bit of activity on them. Typically messages are simulcast. When I receive on both frequencies, they are nearly perfectly time synced. Others have reported a significant delay, which sounds like echo.

BBC is dusting off cold war era transmitters.

I got them faintly the other day but the signal wasn't really usable. I couldn't find European webSDR that covers the 15735 freq.
View Quote

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
This covers the frequency, but may be out of the antenna pattern depending on where the transmitter is.

Maybe this is a moment that will revive a little shortwave broadcasting. Sometimes old technology is useful to have around.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
This may have been transmitted on SSTV.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
People have been trolling the "buzzer" frequency for a while now even before the invasion.  I caught some a few weeks ago.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ukraine Conflict: Equipment Handbook
This PDF gathers Janes reference data for indigenously developed equipment involved in the Ukraine conflict in a single document. There is a significant overlap in equipment types in common service with Russian and Ukrainian forces, so this document collates the information by domain – Air, Land, C4ISR and Weapons – in line with the Janes reference portfolio.
Military Communications pages: 48-54

...Berkut-M is a Russian high frequency tactical radio equipment operating in 1.5-29.999 MHz frequency range.
View Quote

That's a copy of an ART-13 from WW2. It's not even SSB. It's AM and CW.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
R-173 (Installed in T-72b3 tank)

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like a intercom system. Still cool. That company makes some cool stuff.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/71AD22A0-15CD-4483-A55E-9F6E261C09D2_png-2302859.JPG
View Quote

Problem is that many of them have not been using any encryption. Most likely they don't know how to use it.

Either way, Baofengs still rule!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#24]
If you can't manage your logistics, then managing encryption for personal and mobile radios from the rear of a convoy could be a a real problem. Especially if most radios are beyond OTAR range and you don't know it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Late last year, the Russian armed forces introduced a new encrypted communications system, called "Era".

It's not working well for them - it relies on 3G & 4G cellphone technology, and their forces have been taking out the cell towers in the areas they have overrun...

As a result, many of their communications are now being sent in the clear, making them easy for the Ukrainians to intercept.

(Source: Christo Grozev, executive director of Bellingcat, in a Twitter thread announcing the death of Russian general Vitaly Gerasimov, chief of staff of the 41st Army.)
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#26]
@TNC
Quoted:

...I got them faintly the other day but the signal wasn't really usable. I couldn't find European webSDR that covers the 15735 freq.
View Quote

The 15.735 transmission has been coming in for the past several days between S7 and S9+20 dB here in northeast Tennessee.
If propagation is good, you may be able to get a fairly strong 2nd hop signal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
any one able to pick any of this up ?
View Quote

Yes, been listening since the start. I'm in the middle of the US so I can't hear anything directly. Most everyone is using various web sdr sites. The best seem to be in the Netherlands areas. Propagation to there from there seems to be good on most freqs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I was thinking more directly. I am on west coast. haven't heard anything on listed freq.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
8970 USB

Person 1: Three, three helicopters, three helicopters are flying over something there above positions, uh, above positions over Zhigulkovo(?) for some reason they're flying above it.
Person 2: Those are ours that are flying, ours, ?? searching blyat.
Person 1: Affirmative, they're flying only above it and nowhere else, above it, and nowhere else.
Person 2: I don't hear you.
Person 1: They are flying right above it, above it, and nowhere else.
Person 2: Well they...[pause] All good.
Person 1: Affirmative.
Person 2: ??? why blyat? Couldn't even see where (they/we) were shooting
Person 3: On Baikal all installations were nominal, installations were nominal
Person 2: Enough blyat! You're not in your first battle blyat, in Armed Forces blyat. Most probably blyat orientation error nahui. Go and check it.
Person 3: It's my supposition, my supposition, that they were already nominal by the time I arrived. It is my supposition. BIRZHA, I'm BAZAR. BIRZHA, I'm BAZAR
Person 2: ?? (GLOBUS, GLOBUS), I'm BIRZHA, copy.

--------------------
SPETZ> KARAT I'm SPETZ over.
KARAT> Record coordinates. For YENISEI, 23 600 23 600 12 200 12 200
KARAT> Prepare platoon to move (motorized division most likely) and wait for command.
KARAT> One packet for each vehicle.
SPETZ> Type of target, question, type of target?
KARAT> It will be a ribbon, ribbon (slang for column possibly)

https://i.postimg.cc/2y7LDfb3/image.png

---------------------

From a command post that was overrun.

Top line: "? ? ? ? ?"

bottom line: "? ? ? ? ?"

"Attention!

Changing password and access key should only be done with battery on.

Forbidden to close display panel when device K1634??4 is installed"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNbkVQCVkAEcHMy?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNbkWQrUYAIR3oK?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNbkVvWUYAITFR5?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

WTF is that, a commie keyloader?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Well guys. Super advanced, encrypted radios are nice but Baofengs still rule the day. They are affordable ang get the job done. It's better to have a dozen of baofengs than no comms at all.
Say, you use a radio in an enemy occupied zone. You run into a roadblock where they check all vehicles and pedestrians. Possession of a radio can get you in deep trouble. Just toss the Baofeng away. Don't take no chances like someone would with a $500+ radio.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#34]
My favorite communications going on over there is the trolling the Ukrainians do on Russia's military frequencies lol

UVB-76 “The Buzzer” (4625 kHz USB) Trollface - 22 Jan 2022
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My favorite communications going on over there is the trolling the Ukrainians do on Russia's military frequencies lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAk35QiBQU8
View Quote

Purely for educational purposes.  How is that done exactly?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

reminds me of RSID aka Reed Solomon ID

it puts a similar pic of what mode you're running on the waterfall

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is a Pro Russian American (pos) that is spreading the propaganda of the Russians.
View Quote

I am no fan of ANY country other than the USA.

That said, especially at this point in our history - post Chinesium Fauci Plague Tyranny…

I  TRUST  NO  ONE !!

After discovering just some of the massive corruption occurring in Ukraine involving the “Elites” of America, most especially the Dementia Riddled Pederast currently occupying the White House (Brandon) and his Crack-Head Pedophile Protégé—> Hunter D. Dumpster Biden…. I  DOUBT EVERYTHING!

With his pals, children of the Left, members of the Pelosi, Kerry-Hines, Romney, Clinton, Obama, etc., Hunter cashed in on his political affiliation when his senile child-rapist father Joe “Brandon” Robinette Biden was working for his Boss Man Barcock Hussein Obummer.

The questions I have:

- What we’re all of those children of top Demoncrats & Rinos doing in Ukraine?
Other than FootJob (given by his 12-year old niece Natalie !) and other types of sex lubricants, precisely what special expertise did Hunter have in the petrochemical field?   He was given a highly paid and very lucrative job on the board of directors of Burisma Gas Corp. in Ukraine.  Millions $$ of cash paid to the Biden Crew for many years.

- Why is practically every media outlet currently pushing for sanctions and action against Russia?  Not only pushing… pushing HARD!
It genuinely appears to be highly organized and orchestrated.   By who/whom/who knows..?

- Were we (the USA) funding and supporting the development and study of BIOLOGICAL WARFARE AGENTS and other deadly pathogens in the Ukraine?  If so, WHY?   Do I currently trust my own country?  Were specifically (and RACIALLY) targeted disease vectors developed and released into the wild via migratory birds and other life forms?  

- Why were all of the US and European DJI UAV (DJI = world’s largest manufacturer of GPS “camera drones”) distributors and retailers sent out notices warning that their relationship with DJI would be terminated if any drones sent to them were discovered operating in Ukraine.  They indicated they would be capable of identifying operation of individual devices via the geofencing features in their “GO-4” and “Fly” software systems.

* Note - I am going to list my DJI Mavic-2 Pro and Zoom / Air-2s / DJI FPV / Mini-2 and DJI cameras / gimbals for sale ..
They are all awesome gadgets BUT they have all sorts of geofencing and other hard restrictions already built into their software which make operating near airports, etc..difficult here in America.  I would hate to think that they would have the capability and DESIRE to disable my drones (paid for and owned by me !) if asked to by any government agency.  Think ..  Jan-6 / Canadian Truckers / etc..

Time to buy Autel’s products.   Still owned by a Chinese company, but they haven’t been as bad as DJI as far as customer service and meddling with EXPENSIVE products purchased by customers.

Back to the original subject matter of this post..

By watching/listening to some of the videos shown by a few YouTube channels (Funker530 / War Leaks / Sky News / DroneScapes / etc)…
I have seen / heard (seen physical devices / heard “talk permit tones”/ heard DMR & analog audio / etc) the following:
Motorola XPR-7550 and XPR-7530 portable radios.   Both analog and DMR (digital voice is very distinctive) are being used.
“Bubble Pack” FRS/GMRS type portable radios being used.
The antennas sho

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a few different programs that will do image to waterfall encoding.

Here's a SonicPhoto howto.

There's a javascript app on github as well.

I think DM780 may have it as a feature. FLdigi has video ID, but that's text not images.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#39]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#40]
For those who were offended (got a warning for the pic I posted). The image wasn't to troll here. It was actually an image people have transmitted on the Russian Buzzer frequency. I should have mentioned that and put it in a spoiler I suppose. There have been even more foul things transmitted by spectragram lately. Just the language transmitted on their freqs has made that look tame. This conflict has the jammers and trollers out with force.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For those who were offended (got a warning for the pic I posted). The image wasn't to troll here. It was actually an image people have transmitted on the Russian Buzzer frequency. I should have mentioned that and put it in a spoiler I suppose. There have been even more foul things transmitted by spectragram lately. Just the language transmitted on their freqs has made that look tame. This conflict has the jammers and trollers out with force.
View Quote

I thought it was funny. Lol

No offense here, rock out with your troll image of your cock out. Lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#42]

1/5 Another significant capture in #Ukraine.  Reported discovery today of a #SIMBox being used to relay Voice calls & SMS and other info to Russian forces (including top leadership of Russian army) & other individuals in #Ukraine. I will explain what this is and how it works.
View Quote

(see entire thread)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dammit. I miss everything fun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

(see entire thread)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58237/FN4C9chWUAUiBXX_jpeg-2314302.JPG
View Quote

It's weird how hackish this stuff is. Clearly it works but this is what you'd expect civilians pushed into being insurgents
to put together, not actual military forces.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least they rolled it back after I explained I wasn't just trolling and it was actually pertinent to the discussion.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#46]
EDIT: pics not showing up
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Radio is clipped to vest, but where does the speaker microphone cable go? Another radio out of sight?
View Quote

I might be late to the party, but that doesn't look like a speaker mic to me.  It looks more like a PTT adaptor for ComTacs or something similar.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Some more intercepted comms from 3-4 days ago.

Soldier asks for a tank to be driven up to him for support, but the recon team can’t find a way to do it. Ukrainians start shelling the location

Russians try to evacuate the area, confirming amongst themselves that they can use the crossing for it

Clarifying if they brought the BTR for support and checking that the crossing is safe

Russian conveying info from the front lines for evacuation: “At the moment the enemy artillery isn’t active, but before it f*cked us.”

edit: added another

Uragan tries to inquire about the BTR (again) and there’s no progress; this time things get testy: “B*tch, faster”
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#50]
---------

Russians lose contact with a unit (Baghdad), try contacting him three different ways with no success

Soldier informs other units that there’s shelling of the crossing, and a tank is on fire on a side street. They’re trying to figure out if it’s Russian or Ukrainian

Turns out the tank on fire belongs to Baghdad, the unit they lost contact with. “How’d he end up there?”

Funny exchange between two Russian signalmen, when one asks the same question for the tenth time: “Has the BTR been moved into service?” “I don’t know, I’m a fucking radioman” “And what the fuck am I?”

Russian extremely frustrated now that their mines/munitions didn’t go off. As many curse words as actual words:

Same soldier still very, very frustrated, this time about the same BTR mentioned way back in the thread. They *still* haven’t figured out what’s going on with it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top