Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
TRI AN/PRC-152 (Page 14 of 25)
Page / 25
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#1]
Is there a source for the adapter cable that connects the TCI PRC-152 radio to the Nexus AP-107 male that allows the use of the mil-surp VIC3 Bose Triport TTH and CVC headsets?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Delaire USA makes a TRAC cable that connects the MIL Triport TTH/ITH headset to a MIL AN/PRC 152 radio. I haven't contacted them yet and I'm pretty sure it will be unavailable or uber expensive. Link to their web page:

Delaire USA TRAC cable

Attachment Attached File

Just wondering if someone has successfully connected the MIL headsets to the TRI PRC-152, thanks

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Enforcer:
Is there a source for the adapter cable that connects the TCI PRC-152 radio to the Nexus AP-107 male that allows the use of the mil-surp VIC3 Bose Triport TTH and CVC headsets?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/181815/s-l1600_jpg-1522043.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/181815/10951_jpg-1522047.JPG

Delaire USA makes a TRAC cable that connects the MIL Triport TTH/ITH headset to a MIL AN/PRC 152 radio. I haven't contacted them yet and I'm pretty sure it will be unavailable or uber expensive. Link to their web page:

Delaire USA TRAC cable

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/181815/TRAC1_jpg-1522067.JPG

Just wondering if someone has successfully connected the MIL headsets to the TRI PRC-152, thanks

Regards

Rod
View Quote

Not my ad, but I've bought from them before, with no issues.

For under $12, and ditching the cord that went from the connector to the headset, check Nevada Surplus's ad on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Clark-Aviation-Headset-Push-To-Talk-Box-PTT-MBITR-6-Pin-to-Nexus-AJ-107BR/132795220406?hash=item1eeb3641b6:g:Zs4AAOSwJ7RYR11y:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!98059!US!-

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a source for the adapter cable that connects the TCI PRC-152 radio to the Nexus AP-107 male that allows the use of the mil-surp VIC3 Bose Triport TTH and CVC headsets..

Regards

Rod
View Quote

How does your headset connect to the nexusAP107 (Ot is that the native connector on your headset??

I’ve connected nexus PTTs and Peltor PTTs to my TRI PRC 152. (but my headsets have tp-120 connectors)
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GunnyG:

Not my ad, but I've bought from them before, with no issues.

For under $12, and ditching the cord that went from the connector to the headset, check Nevada Surplus's ad on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Clark-Aviation-Headset-Push-To-Talk-Box-PTT-MBITR-6-Pin-to-Nexus-AJ-107BR/132795220406?hash=item1eeb3641b6:g:Zs4AAOSwJ7RYR11y:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!98059!US!-

View Quote

Thanks GunnyG

I found that on Ebay a while back; price is right, but unsure how having 2 inline PTT's will work out, since the Bose triports have PTT built inline below the head set. The CVC helmet has the PTT built into the left ear cup of the headset and has a open mic setting; maybe leaving it in the "open" position will allow the David Clark PTT to take over function? Don't know at this point. Not sure I want to purchase unless I am reasonably sure it may work. I also have considered building something up, but I'm not a electronic tech guy; the only reason I have a soldering iron is to burn holes in crap.LOL Not sure I want to go down either of those rabbit holes at this point. Thanks for the link; at least it confirms I'm heading in the right direction.

I'm just trying to find a source for the Delaire TRAC cable or another vendor with the same adapter.

Best regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
... Just wondering if someone has successfully connected the MIL headsets to the TRI PRC-152, thanksmk

Regards

Rod
View Quote
Yes. My TRI is one of the later ones that makes it easier, since you can switch it internally between using either dynamic or electret microphones, and the speakers in the various headsets you'd want are generally all the same.

I have and can use any of these: With dynamic mic's, a 6-pin H-350 handset , a 6-pin Otto trucker style external microphone speaker, and a David Clark single side UAV operator's headset through a 6 pin Peltor PTT.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyG] [#6]

Thanks GunnyG

I found that on Ebay a while back; price is right, but unsure how having 2 inline PTT's will work out, since the Bose triports have PTT built inline below the head set. The CVC helmet has the PTT built into the left ear cup of the headset and has a open mic setting; maybe leaving it in the "open" position will allow the David Clark PTT to take over function? Don't know at this point. Not sure I want to purchase unless I am reasonably sure it may work. I also have considered building something up, but I'm not a electronic tech guy; the only reason I have a soldering iron is to burn holes in crap.LOL Not sure I want to go down either of those rabbit holes at this point. Thanks for the link; at least it confirms I'm heading in the right direction.

I'm just trying to find a source for the Delaire TRAC cable or another vendor with the same adapter.

Best regards

Rod
View Quote

Okay... if you don't mind trying some shopping in Germany, and I don't know if they will, or how much they'd charge for shipping, but check this out sub-$30 solution (23.47 euros converts to $27.62) https://www.reforger.de/en/cable/254-cvc-helmet-cable.html or https://www.reforger.de/en/cable/1510-cvc-helmet-intercom-cable.html
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#7]
Originally Posted By tapered-pin:

How does your headset connect to the nexusAP107 (Ot is that the native connector on your headset??

I’ve connected nexus PTTs and Peltor PTTs to my TRI PRC 152. (but my headsets have tp-120 connectors)
View Quote

EDIT sorry I missed your inquiry in parenthesis; It's the "native" connector to both head sets.

The AP-107 is the plug dangling off the CVC "tanker" headset, and the plug dangling off the the PTT on the Triport TTH headset(see the last pic in my post above) It connects to the AJ-107(female) jack; which is mated to a M55116 via cable in between. This is what allows the US soldier to disconnect from their vehicle and connect to PRC-148/152 using the headsets they are currently wearing. They disconnect from the bail-out cable and connect to the TRAC cable and then connect to the PRC, allowing full function of their head sets with the 2-way "soldier" radio. In the past if a soldier dismounted a vehicle, they would have to remove their helmet and replace their head set for one suitable for the operation on foot. I'm looking for the TRAC cable to see if it will function as it does with a MIL PRC 148/152 radio.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Okay... if you don't mind trying some shopping in Germany, and I don't know if they will, or how much they'd charge for shipping, but check this out sub-$30 solution (23.47 euros converts to $27.62) https://www.reforger.de/en/cable/254-cvc-helmet-cable.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Okay... if you don't mind trying some shopping in Germany, and I don't know if they will, or how much they'd charge for shipping, but check this out sub-$30 solution (23.47 euros converts to $27.62) https://www.reforger.de/en/cable/254-cvc-helmet-cable.html

Thanks, thats the CVC bailout cable and I'm not sure if it will work. It might and I have considered it; just not sure if the pins will match up. This is from the TM 11-5830-263-10 operators manual:

During vehicle operation tank crewmen are only authorized to
disconnect the drop cord [attached to the left ear cup of the
Combat Vehicle Crewman (CVC) Headset] from the Bailout
Cable Assembly (Spaghetti Cord). This cable is connected
directly to the VIS FFCS or Driver Alarm Cable. No other VIS
cables may be removed/bypassed/replaced by the crewman.
During PMCS only the Bailout Cable Assembly may be
disconnected from the FFCS or Alarm Cable for cleaning and
application of silicone gel to the connector O-ring. Upon
completion of PMCS the Bailout Cable Assembly(s) should
immediately be re-connected. Refer to the VIS Operator’s
Manual for instructions. All other maintenance should be
referred to the Unit Maintainer   page 43

and

Bailout connector provides quick-disconnect for crew member.
Standard audio cable connector, P11, interfaces headset with
an FFCS, MOS or an Alarm Cable. (Bailout Cable Assembly
is not a component of CVC.)  page 44

It may be worth a try, thanks

Rod
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Called Delaire USA today regarding the TRAC adapter cable. The customer service rep was familiar with it; but would not give information regarding purchase. But, instead took my number and email and stated a "engineer" would be in contact. I suppose the black helicopters will be circling soon. LOL

On the upside; I believe I have finally found what I'm looking for. It's a surplus cable and only one available. Waiting on a response from the seller. It has taken me nearly 4 weeks of research and scouring the internet and Ebay to locate just one cable for sale. Updates soon!

Rod
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tapered-pin] [#10]

EDIT sorry I missed your inquiry in parenthesis; It's the "native" connector to both head sets.

The AP-107 is the plug dangling off the CVC "tanker" headset, and the plug dangling off the the PTT on the Triport TTH headset(see the last pic in my post above) It connects to the AJ-107(female) jack; which is mated to a M55116 via cable in between. This is what allows the US soldier to disconnect from their vehicle and connect to PRC-148/152 using the headsets they are currently wearing. They disconnect from the bail-out cable and connect to the TRAC cable and then connect to the PRC, allowing full function of their head sets with the 2-way "soldier" radio. In the past if a soldier dismounted a vehicle, they would have to remove their helmet and replace their head set for one suitable for the operation on foot. I'm looking for the TRAC cable to see if it will function as it does with a MIL PRC 148/152 radio.

Regards

Rod
View Quote

see if THESE GUYS can make you an AP-107 female to 6 pin military adapter.. (at the bottom they say that they can tailor connections)

HACKING THE BOSE TRIPORT might also help.
you're looking to move from an AJ-107 to an AP-136 (military 6pin)
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#11]

see if THESE GUYS can make you an AP-107 female to 6 pin military adapter.. (at the bottom they say that they can tailor connections)

HACKING THE BOSE TRIPORT might also help.
you're looking to move from an AJ-107 to an AP-136 (military 6pin)
View Quote

Thanks for the links; Atlantic Signal was on my short list for the TRAC adapter cable; and I converted MM's web pages to PDF a few weeks ago and have them in my files. Again, all this let's me know that I have been on the right track all along. I found this thread while researching comm's and radio's a few days ago. All I can say is....... you guys rock! Everything seems to be coming together nicely. FWIW, here is how I arrived to this point.

I have plans to build a Experimental Light Sport Aircraft(ELSA). While pricing radio's and headsets I was in sticker shock; so, I began to explore surplus military comms. I put this together a few weeks ago, VIC3 Bose CVC "Tanker" helmet with nomex liner and the Bose ANR integrated headset. I plan to use it for in flight communications and a crash helmet while flying the Ozark back country.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Surprisingly enough, there are a number of solutions on the aviation side; but very few on the tactical side. While researching the CVC, I discovered that the Bose Triport headset (new surplus) are pennies on the dollar compared to Peltor ComTacs and the Sordin variants. I decided to acquire a new Triport but was at a loss on how to connect to a good 2-way radio. Enter the TRI AN/PRC 152. I read a few reviews and stumbled on this thread. I now have a new surplus Triport headset and a surplus TRAC adapter cable riding a USPS truck.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I should have most everything next week; just need to purchase the radio. Once I have all the components assembled, I'll post pics and a review. In fact, I have a mil surplus Sordin headset on the way as well; I guess that means a side by side review of all 3 with the TRI PRC 152. Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure I'll need it again shortly

EDIT: Like most things, I know there may be a few hitches with all this. Any experience, insight or suggestions are always welcome. Thanks again!

Best Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw THIS adapter several times when researching your headset, do you have this adapter? It seems that it asnwers all your questions (To this lay person)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#13]
I saw THIS adapter several times when researching your headset, do you have this adapter? It seems that it asnwers all your questions (To this lay person)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/181815/s-l1600_jpg-1523465.JPG
View Quote

It's on a USPS truck right now; I purchased it on eBay yesterday. It's the TRAC adapter I've been looking for. I posted the same pic just above^^  I've been on this awhile and the trouble is, this is the first(and only) cable I've seen on the market, and it's surplus. They seem to be rare as hens teeth. I'm going to give Atlantic Signal a call next week and see what they can do by way of a TRAC adapter, as well as some cables for 2 other projects.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]
that adapter should do the trick. shout out some photos of each end when it comes in.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
TRI won't do AM, so how are you going to talk on most of the aviation band?

Might as well jump one more adapter, and get something useful, like an ICOM. Maybe a Y so you can talk to your ground people on GMRS, and interact with VFR on AM.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By high_order1:
TRI won't do AM, so how are you going to talk on most of the aviation band?

Might as well jump one more adapter, and get something useful, like an ICOM. Maybe a Y so you can talk to your ground people on GMRS, and interact with VFR on AM.
View Quote

He's right, it does only receive in the air band.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t plan to use the TRI 152 for aviation; just the CVC headset. There are multiple resources for converting military headset comms to civilian aviation use. The CVC tanker helmet and headset will be gtg for civilian aviation; already have the sources.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
that adapter should do the trick. shout out some photos of each end when it comes in.
View Quote

Roger that; will do.

Rod
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#19]
sorry this was a double post; but to clarify; the CVC helmet and headset are “no problem” to adapt to civilian aviation radios. The trick is adapting to to civilian comms use. There are no, and I mean “no”adapters commercially “off the shelf “ available for the Bose VIC 3 mil spec headsets. Surplus is the only option; unless you build your own, or have custom cables made. I’ll be contacting Atlantic Signal next week; to determine the cost effectiveness of adapter cables for commercial radio use. More updates next week👍🏻

Regards

Rod

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:59:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: high_order1] [#20]
Ok, you want to go from the tactical triports to an unnamed civil radio? Most likely that's a two plug setup.

Two ways to go about it:

One - buy a VIC-3 box, and then hook your radio into it
Two - buy a bailout cable, and then buy a UG-229 to PJ plug adapter. Not sure about impedance mismatch, or need for 24v, but they would physically mate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Headset-Bailout-Cable-Adapter-VIC-3-to-VIC-1-Intercom-System-HMMWV-/203003303780?hash=item2f43f09764%3Ag%3ArsgAAOSwmAZezdM9&nma=true&si=26oCH0rdC5HuFY%252B88fUXuFqm3BI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

EDIT: I went back and reread. I don't know what you're trying to do. But you say it's not related to the replica 152's this thread is about. Good luck, looks like you got it figured out!
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#21]

I've been on this awhile and the trouble is, this is the first(and only) cable I've seen on the market, and it's surplus. They seem to be rare as hens teeth.
View Quote
https://american-milspec.com/p-6605-headset-bailout-audio-cable-cx-13479vrc-8-ft-4in-5995-01-429-5177.aspx

$22 plus shipping, this is the cable, right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enforcer] [#22]
Yes, that is the TRAC cable. Thanks, I’ll have grab a couple of them. It’s funny, I’ve been to that site several times and had no luck finding the cable. A second pair of eyes can sometimes make all the difference.  My TRI 152 should arrive next week, as well as the first cable. I’ll give a full report once I get it all put together

Thanks again

Rod
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#23]
So, I've been reading this thread, plus other threads, videos, and reviews on these radios. I like what I've seen so far, they seem pretty robust and durable. Is there a consensus on which is better, between the TRI and the TCA?

Also, I've got a set of Sordin single comms, with a 6-pin Lemo connector already set up on my NV helmet. After a bunch of reading, it seems like this might be my setup:

Sordins >  TP120 adaptor > Nexus U94 > PRC 152.

Is there a flaw in my plan? I'm new to radios and comms, so advice is appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Gloworm19:
So, I've been reading this thread, plus other threads, videos, and reviews on these radios. I like what I've seen so far, they seem pretty robust and durable. Is there a consensus on which is better, between the TRI and the TCA?

Also, I've got a set of Sordin single comms, with a 6-pin Lemo connector already set up on my NV helmet. After a bunch of reading, it seems like this might be my setup:

Sordins >  TP120 adaptor > Nexus U94 > PRC 152.

Is there a flaw in my plan? I'm new to radios and comms, so advice is appreciated!
View Quote
Hi gloworm

only thing you need to pay attention to is, does the model you are buying have the internal NATO/commercial switch in it, or does it have the amplifier mod done to it.

Super common issue with these is that a NATO (military) headset, and a commercial (practically everything else) has two different types of microphones, and they aren't interchangeable.

The newest TRI (and, TCA, too I think) have a firmware impedance switch setting that also applies bias current for the commercial type setup. The older ones do not.

Otherwise, seems like a solid plan, I'm sure others will chime in.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By high_order1:
Hi gloworm

only thing you need to pay attention to is, does the model you are buying have the internal NATO/commercial switch in it, or does it have the amplifier mod done to it.

Super common issue with these is that a NATO (military) headset, and a commercial (practically everything else) has two different types of microphones, and they aren't interchangeable.

The newest TRI (and, TCA, too I think) have a firmware impedance switch setting that also applies bias current for the commercial type setup. The older ones do not.

Otherwise, seems like a solid plan, I'm sure others will chime in.
View Quote

Thanks! I'll keep researching in the meanwhile...
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By high_order1:The newest TRI (and, TCA, too I think) have a firmware impedance switch setting that also applies bias current for the commercial type setup. The older ones do not.
View Quote
Where did you hear that older models don't have that option? I've had a TRI PRC-148 for three years and it has that option. As far as I know, they've had it since day one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#27]
That's the 148.

Get on some of the airsoft boards, and read about the issues regarding the 1st gen 152's. Also, JCI Comms might be able to shed more light on it.

That's all I got; I know for a fact that impedance issues have been a consistent issue, because I've fixed them several times over the eyars.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Wrong.

I have the real Harris batteries and they charge properly with the TRI battery charger. (Attaches to the top of the battery)
(I don’t think they will charge with the TCA charger, though..) I don’t know though, I only have Harris and TRI batteries with a TRI charger..
View Quote

Do the Harris batteries work in the radios without modification?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Apec:

View Quote

Yes. I've got  4 Harris PRC-152 Handheld Lithium Batteries 12041-2100-02 from American Milspec, some Harris CR123 and AA battery adapter housings: All worked without needing any modification
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

yes, straight from American Milspec they came to me with nearly a full charge also.

I did leave a harris battery in one of my TRIs back in early June. tried it last night and it still started up (someone said that the TRI radios have parasitic drain on the batteries..
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#31]

yes, straight from American Milspec they came to me with nearly a full charge also.

I did leave a harris battery in one of my TRIs back in early June. tried it last night and it still started up (someone said that the TRI radios have parasitic drain on the batteries..
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.

Yeah, they do seem to drain. I left a charged TRI factory battery in mine for a few weeks, went to a training event. It didn't power on.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Well... I pulled the trigger Wednesday on the 10W TRI PRC152, with the "real" Harris battery, and it shipped today.   I also got the 12" 6-pin Lemo to TP120 cable coming, and snagged a U94 PTT of the EE.

Now, I need to find a source for more batteries. Is American Milspec still the best bet? And does anyone know how long it will run in 18650 battery boxes?
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 11:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: high_order1] [#33]
I'd also suggest finding a decent VHF Hi / UHF antenna for it, as well. 10 actual watts at the port is a lot to risk to possibly a dummy load.

... No, I don't have a really good way to test to see if the antenna is counterfeit. Even the bad ones will pick up a little better than the naked port.

Some aren't counterfeit, but dummy, as in these things have a nexus in the airsoft / LARP community, that started out with inactive replicas. The antennas that go with those look almost exactly like the real deal, and they wind up in places they shouldn't.

If you go mil spec, pay close attention to the 'spec' part. A lot of antennas are good for 30-88, which isn't healthy for your radio. You want the 30-512 (also, more expensive generally) military ones, or ones marked "2m/440" or "144/440" or generally "dual band" from the amateur world.

From the land mobile radio / commercial / public safety world, look for harris or motorola compatible, dual band antennas. Someone else will correct me, but I think it's a TNC female.

You also don't want the really cool spider-web-on-a-pine-tree looking sat antennas; they are very useless for most things a person would do with a tactical portable radio.

Link Posted: 8/8/2020 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you for the advice! I've been looking at a few, no decisions made yet. Not certain with any specific one yet...

Also, I am studying up for my license. I guess I should have mentioned that before, so I don't appear to be some freeloading  rando jumping in for information instead of a dude who really wants to learn more, get licensed, and enjoy the fun legally!

I truly appreciate this thread, and what I've learned thus far. Though I'm an FNG to this stuff, I will try to contribute where I can.

Link Posted: 8/8/2020 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Also, I am studying up for my license. I guess I should have mentioned that before, so I don't appear to be some freeloading  rando jumping in for information instead of a dude who really wants to learn more, get licensed, and enjoy the fun legally!

View Quote
Appreciate your efforts, but honestly, meh. If you use it in the MURS band, you don't need one. If you buy a GMRS license, you can use it there. Can't really legally use it in the FRS band. Industrial band is another place. I don't remember what the requirements are for marine permit, or restricted radiotelephone anymore.

If you're gonna do amateur, do this: resolve to do Tech and General at the same time.

There are a lot of techs that die on the vine right there. Go ahead, and while it's all interesting, study a few more parts and get both of those knocked out right now. General isn't much more complex, especially if all you're doing is memorizing the answer key. But it brings a lot more freedom to explore.

Anyway, there are a lot of people that use these legally outside of the ham realm, so this thread is more for stationkeeping on this unique radio platform. If you get stuck though, reach out in this forum and you'll get all the help you need.

Link Posted: 8/8/2020 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank you, High. I'll keep that advice in mind.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
that tanker lid is pretty dang cool. just needs a NV shroud.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gloworm19] [#38]
Found something interesting... looks like a possibility of a triband from FCA...

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9BcM0kpWsFound something interesting... looks like a possibility of a triband from FCA...

View Quote

Looks like 2 meters and FM broadcast band
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By phurba:

View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9BcM0kpWsFound something interesting... looks like a possibility of a triband from FCA...

The 10m in the description below the video was what caught my eye...
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

No description on embedded videos
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/12179/0BF782A7-62A4-4BDC-BEEF-1355DEAB28F4-1561234.png

There we go. Thanks, Gunny!

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you for the advice! I've been looking at a few, no decisions made yet. Not certain with any specific one yet...

I truly appreciate this thread, and what I've learned thus far. Though I'm an FNG to this stuff, I will try to contribute where I can.

View Quote

I bought from American-Milspec. 2/4 were duds. I'm gonna play with them a bit more to confirm, but they didn't show a charge/red light when I stuck them in my Harris charger.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#45]

I bought from American-Milspec. 2/4 were duds. I'm gonna play with them a bit more to confirm, but they didn't show a charge/red light when I stuck them in my Harris charger.
View Quote
One of my four did the same on the TRI charger, the other three seem to charge and run fine...
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I had the same issue with my batch. I emailed American Mil-Spec ( [email protected] ) and Scott Sidener sent me two more good batteries right away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#47]

I had the same issue with my batch. I emailed American Mil-Spec ( [email protected] ) and Scott Sidener sent me two more good batteries right away.
View Quote

Looks like mine started to show red charge status after I left them in the charger for a while, like 30-60 min. I guess they might not be duds, but if they were completely drained they behave wonky. I'll need to do some more testing to see what their life is like.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: i_tell_you_what] [#48]
Is there any effort to give these digital mode(s) (say, dmr) and encryption?  That would be the bees knees.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By amd_dude:
Is there any effort to give these digital mode(s) (say, dmr) and encryption?  That would be the bees knees.
View Quote

Depends on the radio but encryption is easy for DMR.  

Also illegal on Amateur bands.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:

Depends on the radio but encryption is easy for DMR.  

Also illegal on Amateur bands.
View Quote
But this does not do dmr, today, correct?
Page / 25
TRI AN/PRC-152 (Page 14 of 25)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top