Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 8:27:08 PM EDT
I plan on participating during the RaDAR Challenge this coming November 4th.

Will be using the KX2 with an LNR End Fedz.

Still need to plan the movement piece. 

More Info Here
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it but it sure sounds very interesting. November is a better choice than July because of weather.
This is tempting.
Are you thinking of doing CW only or mixed?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Planning on SSB only. I'm one of those dirty no-good lowdown no-code Extras...  If I can figure out a streamlined way to do it, FT8 would be a great option.

In all seriousness though CW is high on my to-do list. The robustness and simplicity of CW is unbeatable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Planning on operating from 1400-1800 UTC. Primary will be the HF Pack freqs on 40m & 20m. Operating procedure will be make 5 QSO's, relocate 1km, and repeat, for the 4hr duration.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've not done this before, but I'm considering it.  Weather is supposed to be cruddy, so I might just activate a couple of WWFF-KFF locations on foot and call it good.  Keep in mind that the KFF group has an award for RaDAR.

https://wwff-kff.com/pota-awards/

I might operate from KFF-1032 then transition to KFF-0995.  Probably starting at around 13:00UTC.  SSB only on a IC-703 on 40M then 20M via a SOTA Tuner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top