Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 8:15:42 AM EDT
As my wife says, "There ain't no party like a QSO Party!".    I'll be participating in the Illinois QSO Party this Sunday (October 22nd) as a rover station.  I'll be activating the county line pairs of Grundy/Kendall, LaSalle/DeKalb, Bureau/Lee, and Henry/Whiteside.  So, if you're not too burned out from the NY and SD QSO Parties this weekend, feel free to come out and make a few (or a bunch) of contacts with us.  The Illinois party only overlaps with the last hour of the SD party so there shouldn't be much other contest activity on at that time.  It's also a fairly short event at only 8 hours, so you can have a lot of fun without blowing out a weekend.  Actual event time is 1700Z, Oct 22 to 0100Z, Oct 23, which translates to 12:00PM CDT to 8:00PM CDT.

Hams in Illinois specifically are also encourage to get on and active in your home county.  There are many counties that may only be covered by rover or mobile stations, so any extra in-state operators help immensely!  Hope to hear you and work you!

Exchange is an easy one, RST and State, Province, or Country (e.g. 5/9 Texas).  Full rules here: ILQP Rules

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be listening for you and the other states having their QSO party's. It is going to be busy weekend because Jota is also going to be active. http://www.scouting.org/jota.aspx

See you on Ten Meter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top