Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 1:33:19 PM EDT
I have a QRP Labs U3S 6-band kit arriving today, with filters for 160-10m. I plan on running a WSPR beacon with it for the majority of the time. It would be great if I could find a wideband antenna so I can have it automatically sequence through the various bands without changing antennas or messing with a tuner. It will be used to keep on eye on propagation, and not so much on antenna performance, so I really don't care if the antenna isn't super efficient - I just need something that gives me a good 50 ohm match, and performs at least slightly better than a dummy load. My first thought is something like the MFJ-1982LP. It gives a lowish SWR on all the major bands from 80m-10m. The other option would be something like a terminated end-fed or something? What do you all think? Preference goes towards the smallest, cheapest, and easiest option.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That end fed will work, similar to what I use every day on ssb and digital qrp and 100w.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top