Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2017 5:10:38 PM EDT
The company I work for has a couple of old (1990's  I think?) Pagecom HX100V handheld transceivers.  The company has moved several times, and all paperwork or manuals for them have been lost.
I am looking for any operational information, like frequencies, range, and general instructions. 
Stock photo below.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
lighten up Francis
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google it.
View Quote
That was so unhelpful.
BTW: I found Google not long after that search engine debuted on the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a lot of links to that model's manual on ebay, but not a single online PDF of one, so I'm guessing ebay is your best bet.

eta: linky
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Found a lot of links to that model's manual on ebay, but not a single online PDF of one, so I'm guessing ebay is your best bet.

eta: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STANDARD-COMMUNICATIONS-HX100V-3W-VHF-FM-HANDHELD-TRANSCEIVER-MANUAL-0562-/151994477778?hash=item236393acd2:g:u~AAAOSwe7BWziqR
View Quote
Thanks for looking seek2.  I found the eBay stuff too. . . . you'll guess were I got that stock photo.  That's a Service Manual, which is often written for the repairman, not the operator.
I am hoping an old HAM will have a dusty manual on his shelf that he'd be willing to share some page scans with me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Try posting on the 'Zed, eHam, etc.

Can you get ahold of one of the radios to test it out?

I would guess they are business band, crystal-controlled, non-CTCSS, light-duty radios based on the photo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Might be a rebranded Ritron.  They churned out a bunch of cheap gear in that timeframe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The company I work for...
View Quote

Even if you found the documentation you're looking for, they might not be good for much and/or anything, especially if they won't narrowband - they're useless to a company and useless to amateur radio folks if they can't be programmed easily.

I would go about things a different way - find your company's FCC Part 90 license, figure out what frequencies you can legally use. Check out surplus radios from just one decade newer, like the Motorola HT1000, MTS2000, XTS3000, etc. They can be had in narrowband, batteries are plentiful, programming is possible if you're clever about it and available commercially if you aren't.

If two-way radio communication is the end goal, consider starting over fresh with slightly newer gear to get there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even if you found the documentation you're looking for, they might not be good for much and/or anything, especially if they won't narrowband - they're useless to a company and useless to amateur radio folks if they can't be programmed easily.
. . .
If two-way radio communication is the end goal, consider starting over fresh with slightly newer gear to get there.
View Quote
Good ideas. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top