Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:18:12 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a source of Schedule 80 3.5 inch pipe? I am putting up a flagpole and am going to insulate it so I can make it radiate a bit. I have searched locally and online and cannot find any. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]

How about dropping it into a length of 4" pipe with a cemented cap on it and then filling the void with some spacers and some quikcrete?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]

ShapePipe
Pipe TypeUnthreaded
Pipe to Pipe ConnectionUnthreaded (pipe)
System of MeasurementInch
Schedule80
Pipe/Thread Size4"
Inside Diameter3.786"
Outside Diameter4.5"
Perforation TypeSolid Pipe
MaterialPVC
ColorDark Gray
Maximum Pressure Range251 to 500 psi
Maximum Pressure (251 to 500 psi)320 psi
Temperature RangeUp to 140° F
Specifications MetAmerican Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)
ASTM SpecificationASTM D1784 and ASTM D1785
NSF SpecificationNSF 61

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The issue is that the pipe is 3.251 od. The Id of 3.5 sch 80 is 3.321 which would be perfect. I am thinking that it is not common much less made at all anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can't find the sch 80, you might consider using some plastic dielectric rods to take up the space and foam or epoxy them in place.

Probably have less capacitance too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top