Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By tommygun2000:
I have been monitoring 7.213mhz for many months and there is rarely a time when the frequency is not obliterated with splatter from foreign stations on 7.210 or 7.205 or 7.200 when the band is in any useable condition.

I would highly suggest that the frequency be changed to something lower or higher, out of the bandwidth of some of the spashbox foreign broadcast stations.

I think the interference on 7.213 has contributed greatly to the reduction of people even tuning in.......its just noise and annoying is an understatement.

Anyone who has experienced this same problem please chime in here and lets get some concensus on a quiet frequency that can be monitored without the constant  noise storm of over modulated foreign transmitters

<elitistham> I don't hear it on my FT-1000MP w/ it's wonderful DSP features.... </elitistham>

Ya, I agree a move is in order.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ScottPD:
Originally Posted By tommygun2000:
I have been monitoring 7.213mhz for many months and there is rarely a time when the frequency is not obliterated with splatter from foreign stations on 7.210 or 7.205 or 7.200 when the band is in any useable condition.

I would highly suggest that the frequency be changed to something lower or higher, out of the bandwidth of some of the spashbox foreign broadcast stations.

I think the interference on 7.213 has contributed greatly to the reduction of people even tuning in.......its just noise and annoying is an understatement.

Anyone who has experienced this same problem please chime in here and lets get some concensus on a quiet frequency that can be monitored without the constant  noise storm of over modulated foreign transmitters

<elitistham> I don't hear it on my FT-1000MP w/ it's wonderful DSP features.... </elitistham>

Ya, I agree a move is in order.

(shakes fist.....uttering words that can't be said over the air!!! Wish I had DSP, but all things considered, both my receivers do very well for their age and there is rarely a station out there that I can't pick out of the noise with a little knob fiddling. All the 3, 4, 5, 8 landers usually boom in here nicely even without running amplifiers.

Seriously though,
If a few people in different geographical areas monitor some higher and lower frequencies(staying within the general portion) and if possible, as close as possible to 7.213, and report back here in a week or two, we should be able to reestablish a more useable freq and maybe resume some kind of regular net contact.
Of course propagation conditions may change but should be predictable enough to pick a reliable and quieter freq.

I'm in the northeast and can listen for several hours a day. I'll report on what foreign broadcasts are where and the closest quiet frequencies.

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 10:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hcook] [#3]
Are there any other NOAA HF broadcasts, i.e. other coasts, inland, etc? (Referencing the card: NOAA 6.604 10.051 USB east coast HF weather, NOAA 13.270 USB east coast HF weather)
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What are the frequencies labeled "Interoperability" for?
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TexasSheepdog:
What are the frequencies labeled "Interoperability" for?

you are looking at the first edition.

from the first post in this thread, see latest edition, via
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=612380&page=4#10595851

i clarified the heading for that section.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
There used to be a simple EPIRB frequency, where all you had to do was transmit a beacon on interval.

Is that obsolete now with the newer technology where you also transmit your call sign or serial number?

If call sign, the Yaesu line of radios have an emergency mode where it will transmit a beacon with CW periodically.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By charliez:
There used to be a simple EPIRB frequency, where all you had to do was transmit a beacon on interval.
Is that obsolete now with the newer technology where you also transmit your call sign or serial number?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_radiobeacon#Beacon_modes

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
Originally Posted By charliez:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_radiobeacon#Beacon_modes
Satellite detection of 121.5 MHz beacons ceased on 1 February 2009

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I propose to add the ERPN (Eastern Regional Patriots Net) and the APRN (American Prepers Radio Net) to the useful nets list...
the EPRN is at 3860 mon-sat at 8pm EST wed is slightly hit or miss.
the APRN is best looked up at there webpage they rotate around the bands and are 3 days a week.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Are the links working for anyone else?  Just passed my tech and was really hoping to make contact.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By microsuck1:
Are the links working for anyone else?  Just passed my tech and was really hoping to make contact.

try these:
PDF: http://losdos.dyndns.org/public/ham/reference/EMCOMM-FREQ-REF-CARD-v119draft.pdf

XLS: http://losdos.dyndns.org/public/ham/reference/EMCOMM-FREQ-REF-CARD-v119draft.xls

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 6:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasSheepdog] [#12]

Where are you in TX? (Please say San Antonio! We need more Arfcom Hams!)

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Wo hoo!, they work.  Thanks.

And I'm in N Dallas.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
ar-jedi

Is there any chance that you could make that reference card so it will print to a full size sheet of paper? Maybe I can do it on this end and my excel foo is weak. I had visions of printing it landscape and laminating it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 10:23:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#15]
Originally Posted By RidgeRunner01:
ar-jedi
Is there any chance that you could make that reference card so it will print to a full size sheet of paper? Maybe I can do it on this end and my excel foo is weak. I had visions of printing it landscape and laminating it.

http://losdos.dyndns.org/public/ham/reference/EMCOMM-FREQ-REF-CARD-fullpage.pdf
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats awesome, is it hard to throw a copy up in excel format too, incase I want to add local stuff from my end?
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RidgeRunner01:
Thats awesome, is it hard to throw a copy up in excel format too, incase I want to add local stuff from my end?

4 or 5 posts above?  does the link not work?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes the link works, but in open office (its what I use) the spreadsheet is not a full page. It may very well be something I need to figure out on my end.
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#19]

ah, well when you go to print it you'll need to figure out how OO can expand the print area to fill the page.  there should be an option for this in the print dialog or print setup.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Are the links working for anyone else? Just passed my tech and was really hoping to make contact.

There are Arfcom hams in San Antonio??

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By pcsutton:

Are the links working for anyone else? Just passed my tech and was really hoping to make contact.

There are Arfcom hams in San Antonio??

Myself and 1 other that I know of. So little traffic on the repeaters here I haven't turned my radio on in a loooong time.

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#22]

comments on new draft wanted, see
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=612380&page=4#10595851

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

comments, suggestions, corrections, etc etc etc all appreciated.

ETA
see also
www.npstc.org/documents/NIFOG%20v1.2%204-14-2008.pdf

ar-jedi

New version

National Interoperability Field Operations Guide Website

Version 1.4 NIFOG
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#23]
440.975 is the input freq for a repeater in Nassau NY, CTCSS 123.0.  Not sure if this would be an issue but just to let you know.

I have only checked the 2m and 70cm frequencies for the NY and NJ area as that is the area I am in and the frequencies I would use.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By hcook:

Are there any other NOAA HF broadcasts, i.e. other coasts, inland, etc? (Referencing the card: NOAA 6.604 10.051 USB east coast HF weather, NOAA 13.270 USB east coast HF weather)

There are a bunch of weatherfax stations around the world.  

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/rfax.pdf

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/radiofax.htm

I use these on hurricane deployments to get a printable weathermap for the IC staff. They think it's the cat's ass.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#25]

I'm in SA...or will be back next week. IM me and come sit in on a Texas Army MARS net.

ETA: Thanks ARJedi. I appreciate and applaud your efforts.

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks pretty good - might want to consider a 30m digi spot too....

Paul
(Old Corps)
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Paul-2533:
Looks pretty good - might want to consider a 30m digi spot too....
Paul(Old Corps)  

awaiting input from the latest volunteer...

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 1:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowman1] [#28]
Just an FYI....

Radio Canada International is no more. They went dark this last weekend. The 9625 transmitter will be going off the air at the end of July. Radio Netherlands in English is also gone now.

I've added AFRN, WWCR, Radio new Zealand, and Radio Australia frequencies to my version in their place.

Here's the freqs for those who are interested in updating their own versions accordingly:

AFN  (ssb)4.3195.7655.446.57.812.5 12.113.5 13.262          Armed Forces Network

WWCR4.8405.9357.49012.1609.35013.845          Worldwide Christian Radio

RNZI   15.720.11.7256.170.9.655       Radio New Zealand Intl.

R. Aus.9.580.Radio Australia
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 1:33:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowman1] [#29]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 9:50:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tigertamer] [#30]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

folks,
is publishing MARS frequencies verboten?

ar-jedi
View Quote

Just joined and, in reading earlier posts to try to 'catch up', I saw your query...

Yes, although they are 'known' to most hams who are also SWL's, their publication is discouraged to minimize disruption and deliberate interference on the nets. I don't even know if MARS is still a viable on-the-air entity. I had to quit participating when they ignorantly changed most of the net frequencies to a range that my radios (Icom) wouldn't operate on due to internal frequency conflicts.

KF4TEN / AAT4PU
Joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Bump for an update? I know the latest version is out, but the link in Jedi's first post still has the "8080" in it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigDaddy0004] [#32]
Originally Posted By PowerPointRanger:
Bump for an update? I know the latest version is out, but the link in Jedi's first post still has the "8080" in it. Thanks!
View Quote

Latest updated version:  v1.21 / 16 Sept 2013  

http://losdos.dyndns.org/public/ham/EMCOMM-FREQ-REF-CARD.pdf
http://losdos.dyndns.org/public/ham/EMCOMM-FREQ-REF-CARD.xls

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]

thanks for all the help BigDaddy0004 -- i'm putting you in for a raise, so be sure to examine your paycheck in the coming weeks.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:34:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thederrick106] [#34]

thanks for all the help BigDaddy0004 -- i'm putting you in for a raise, so be sure to examine your paycheck in the coming weeks.

ar-jedi
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Another thanks for BigDaddy.  The work is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#36]
This is really great. Thanks for everyone who put this together. I keep one of these sheets everywhere there's a radio.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump for the Sprint
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Do you have a link to the sheet that's not on dynamic DNS? All of those services are poisoned here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Bump, this used to be stickied!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#41]
If there are updates to the Arfcom Emcomm Frequency Ref Card, I am willing to make the changes and host a PDF and Excel of the files on my Google Drive. The most recent version that I have is v1.21 from September 2013.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:
If there are updates to the Arfcom Emcomm Frequency Ref Card, I am willing to make the changes and host a PDF and Excel of the files on my Google Drive. The most recent version that I have is v1.21 from September 2013.

Let me know.
View Quote

40M digital guard is now 7114, the rest of the digi freqs are correct as far as I can see.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I've updated the sheet with the new 40M Digital Guard Channel. I also added a separate tab with FRS, GMRS, and MURS frequencies. You should be able to see it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dwmFA7JSaMlzEASxOahwVIAeCx3wp-0_PEYSkZzP2ck/edit?usp=sharing

This should work, too: http://tinyurl.com/ngtapdt

Let me know what you think.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#44]

ETA

my truck battery is deader than hillary's campaign and i took it out on dave.

my bad.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#45]

ar-jedi, that was not my intention and in retrospect, I took the wrong approach. Please accept my apology. My intention was to provide an updated reference to the Arfcom Ham community. I should have checked with you first.

I have added your contact back to the document to give credit where it's due. I will take the whole thing down and return it to you if you wish.

Again, please accept my apology for my handling of this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#46]
OK. Is there a 1.22 verion of the sheet or not, and if there is, where is it?

UPDATERS: For good revision control of the sheet, please uptick the revision number and creation date in your release announcement to keep everyone on the same page.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#47]

ETA

my truck battery is deader than hillary's campaign and i took it out on dave.

View Quote

...at least you got your 87 in the post.  :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I miss all the good stuff.  Stupid work getting in the way of the really important things.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BigDaddy0004:
Stupid work getting in the way of the really important things.  
View Quote

Do like I did, and quit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:
Again, please accept my apology for my handling of this.
View Quote

no problem, it's all good.  in general, i am a proponent of a "community approach" to information maintenance but the ARFCOM forum doesn't really have any way of allowing multiple people to edit a given document (or post).  it is a general pain in the ass for me because -- for example -- there are tons of useful pieces of info that could be added to the Ham Radio 101 thread but what would be a desired situation is that the owner of that "IP" sticks with it and keeps it current.  not a week goes by that someone reminds me that "Link X in Section Y is broken" but there is just one of me rather than a Wiki-like community.

use of google docs to host it is a good idea especially since it allows community editing, and moreover google is unlikely to run out of bandwidth.   leave it there, let's get folks to improve it.  to that end i always meant to add a flip side graphic of "field expedient antennas" (including wire lengths, supports, and such) to make it more useful, just never got there.

ar-jedi

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top