Maybe if you spent less time goofing off at the gun store you could finish it

Don't hit me Dave

I'll send Gunny to straighten you out!

Link Posted: 10/25/2009 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Halffast:
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
2 questions...

Halffast did you forget about this story?  I haven't forgotten about it.  I've been working on a new chapter, but it is slow going right now.

Why have you not pulled lights out off the web and found a way to sell copys yet?  I am working on it.  I don't want to pull it off of the net until I have to.  My purpose was never to make money on LO (not that I'm opposed to making a little if things work out), but to get people who weren't preppers to become at least a little preparedness aware. Only problem with that is that one almost has to already be preparedness-aware, and specifically searching for related info,  in order to stumble across the (Light's Out) .pdf on the web.  While I think LO is overall a better read than Patriots, the initial eye-opening honors go to Patriots for being present on the bookstore shelf when my wife was browsing for anything interesting-looking.  If you truly want to enlighten the uninformed masses, you must place the bait in a spot where it is likely to be found.

It seems like this story is VERY popular with the community/ Heck ive read it 2 or 3 times not to mention ive met people who tell me about it. Its really ALL OVER the net. People have posted that their wife had it bound for them. There has to be a way even if it isnt thru a "publisher"!!!!  If the deal I'm working on now doesn't work out, I will probably self-publish.  

Thanks for the interest.  I really am humbled that so many of you enjoy these modest works and take the time to let me know.  You guys and gals are the best!

Link Posted: 11/20/2009 2:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi Halfast!   Excellent story.  Having lots of fun reading it.   It makes you think:    Like, I think that I might need moar food preps and some NV goggles.  

Thanks!  

You're friendly neighborhood Highstepper
Link Posted: 11/21/2009 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By timpryor:
Maybe if you spent less time goofing off at the gun store you could finish it

Don't hit me Dave

I'll send Gunny to straighten you out!

I wish Gunny would use his combat boot to kick start this story again

Link Posted: 11/21/2009 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]

I didn't do it.
You can't prove it.
The sheep are lieing!

The sheep are lying about what, specifically?
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cpaspr:

I didn't do it.
You can't prove it.
The sheep are lieing!

The sheep are lying about what, specifically?

It was an avitar I had for a long while that had a cartoon sheeps face with his eyes kind of bugging out in distress.

Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:37:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gun_Crank] [#8]
Great story so far. I'm about to start chapter 20

How many chapters will this go approximately?

I will take a copy at $30.00 if it helps you get LO published. Heck I'd be willing to go $40.00

DJ going down hill kinda fast.
Using the word whore is kinda strong in the first part of chapter 20. Nothing she did makes me think that she is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Any chance well get another chapter or 2 for Christmas?
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#10]
halffast , do you know when you might finish this? Can we buy the finished story?
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My pitifully optimistic theory is that Halffast is too busy talking to publishers to post any more  Lost and Found right now
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I give him hell almost daily about not working on this.

But he just wants to ride quads

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By acman145acp:

I'm counting on another chapter of SOMETHING at the campout.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By donne3:

Is there another get together coming up?
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GENESMITH:
Is there another get together coming up?

dude...  where ya been?  

campout thread
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
lol I don't think I ever opened that thread because it said "zombie" in the title.

Never figured it had to do with camping lol.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By donne3:

IDK if anythings in writing........

But i've got volumes in the database

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#18]
IDK if anythings in writing........
But i've got volumes in the database

if I ask REAL NICE LIKE, can I get access to the database?

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GENESMITH:
lol I don't think I ever opened that thread because it said "zombie" in the title.

Never figured it had to do with camping lol.

Thanks for the info.

what good's a campout without anti-zombie training?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag
great read
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump for Halffast to get his ass back in here!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Another plea to finish the story.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Another loyal fan here, waiting, alone, in the rain.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I started reading this the other day. I'm still on the railroad tracks where the guy with the empty shotgun comes along.
I didn't realize this wasn't finished yet. Damn. This is like the 3rd or 4th story I'm gonna be left hanging on.

1.Mad Swine-unfinished, but heard from Steve that an update is coming soon.....
2.From Sea to Shining Sea-author banned
3.Zombies on the Interstate- author banned (wtf?)
4. and now Lost and Found.......balls!

all good stories that got me hooked and now I'm hangin'........
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hulka73] [#25]
Winding down to the end of whats available to read. I'm currently at the community meeting at the church where they are discussing security.
As far as the other plot line DJ is definitely not a good dude, even if he thinks he is. Damn mall cops! I picture him like the guy from Dawn of the Dead
who was the head mall cop. Good story though, I can't wait for more.

eDIT.......ok just finished......WTF?! Guess I should have seen that coming. Blasted the poor old man and his wife. You could tell when he bashed the guys teeth in with the pistol earlier in the story and just laughed. Maybe the "Karate Man" could beat some sense in to him.

Now what am I supposed to read??
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By midmo:
2 questions...

Halffast did you forget about this story?  I haven't forgotten about it.  I've been working on a new chapter, but it is slow going right now.

Why have you not pulled lights out off the web and found a way to sell copys yet?  I am working on it.  I don't want to pull it off of the net until I have to.  My purpose was never to make money on LO (not that I'm opposed to making a little if things work out), but to get people who weren't preppers to become at least a little preparedness aware. Only problem with that is that one almost has to already be preparedness-aware, and specifically searching for related info,  in order to stumble across the (Light's Out) .pdf on the web.  While I think LO is overall a better read than Patriots, the initial eye-opening honors go to Patriots for being present on the bookstore shelf when my wife was browsing for anything interesting-looking.  If you truly want to enlighten the uninformed masses, you must place the bait in a spot where it is likely to be found.

It seems like this story is VERY popular with the community/ Heck ive read it 2 or 3 times not to mention ive met people who tell me about it. Its really ALL OVER the net. People have posted that their wife had it bound for them. There has to be a way even if it isnt thru a "publisher"!!!!  If the deal I'm working on now doesn't work out, I will probably self-publish.  

Thanks for the interest.  I really am humbled that so many of you enjoy these modest works and take the time to let me know.  You guys and gals are the best!

O.K., I realize that i am a little late to the game here, but after reading L.O.for the third time and sending it to several friends, I finally found the author on this site. Sad thing is I have been a member for a while. All the times that I wanted to discuss the book with others you people were here the whole time. At any rate I loved the book, want to buy a hard copy and I am waiting on the movie. I have to admit that before this book I didn't pay much attention to this sort of thing. Now I have not only bought a few thunder sticks of my own, I also have a small stock of food, ammo and other items just in case. I have also been looking into other ways of being self reliant. Just want to say thanks for opening my eyes and I look forward to this next book I found on here and cant wait for the movies.
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By lnc_rbrt:
O.K., I realize that i am a little late to the game here, but after reading L.O.for the third time and sending it to several friends, I finally found the author on this site. Sad thing is I have been a member for a while. All the times that I wanted to discuss the book with others you people were here the whole time. At any rate I loved the book, want to buy a hard copy and I am waiting on the movie. I have to admit that before this book I didn't pay much attention to this sort of thing. Now I have not only bought a few thunder sticks of my own, I also have a small stock of food, ammo and other items just in case. I have also been looking into other ways of being self reliant. Just want to say thanks for opening my eyes and I look forward to this next book I found on here and cant wait for the movies.

Knowing David, THAT is the best thank you that you could give him.  

now if you could just step over here ––-> and wait with the rest of us anxious to buy our signed copies...  
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I tried to beat David up yesterday to get him to write more, but I failed
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Signed or not signed, I would buy a copy just to read it again and not have to sit in front of this computer. This David fellow is a talented individual. I havn't read a book since The Hardy Boys books when I was a kid. So when a friend told me about  this book I thought, 600+ pages he is crazy if he thinks I am going to read this. The second read through took only a couple of days. I have read more in the last year folowing this book than I think I ever have. The difference now being that I finally like what I am reading. So THANK YOU David!
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]
this sucks, I wouldve never started reading it had I known I was going to be tortured like this!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By enkry:
this sucks, I wouldve never started reading it had I known I was going to be tortured like this!!!!

LOL, me too.  I started reading on Saturday and just finished it up tonight.  I didn't know the posted story wasn't complete!  Oh well.  It's a really good story.  At first, I didn't really care about Gabe's story, I was just looking forward to DJ's story.  But now I can't stand DJ.  I just can't understand how someone can leave a defenseless little girl alone, let along with her dead mother's body.  And now that he killed Peter and his wife, I just can't stand it.  Guess that means that it's a good story though
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#32]
damn.........no update? I saw someone posted and I got excited. I've now got 4 stories/books that I've started and are not finished yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JINXR:
Originally Posted By enkry:

LOL, me too.  I started reading on Saturday and just finished it up tonight.  I didn't know the posted story wasn't complete!  Oh well.  It's a really good story.  At first, I didn't really care about Gabe's story, I was just looking forward to DJ's story.  But now I can't stand DJ.  I just can't understand how someone can leave a defenseless little girl alone, let along with her dead mother's body.  And now that he killed Peter and his wife, I just can't stand it.  Guess that means that it's a good story though

This.  and I don't know if I have the patience to wait for updates

who am I kidding, of course I am going to wait and keep checking
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Great so far. That DJ fella is turning out to be a real turd.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Halffast, sure would like to see this finished. Funds are available for a finished version
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Came acroos this today and wanted to say i liked it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok, I started reading this when it was first started hitting ARFCOM, then lost it.  I've been trying to go back and re-read it but it looks as though many chapters are missing.  Whats the deal?
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Tipsovr:

Ok, I started reading this when it was first started hitting ARFCOM, then lost it.  I've been trying to go back and re-read it but it looks as though many chapters are missing.  Whats the deal?

From the OP

Here is where to find all the chapters:

Chapters 1 thru 6 - Page 1

Chapter 7 - Page 5

Chapter 8 - Page 6

Chapters 9 thru 14 - Page 8

Chapters 15 thru 19 - Page 16

Chapters 20 thru 24 - Page 21

Chapter 25 and 26 - Page 30

Link Posted: 10/7/2010 10:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tipsovr] [#41]
Thanks you JK! I guess I just skimmed right over it.
I left this story for two years and no more was added.  Awww crap.
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#42]
just read the whole thing today........  any updates?
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Need more..................................... cant.................... feel................... my..................... legs............................ slowly........................fading................................help
Seriously I need more.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Halffast is busy slaving away getting Lights Out into printed form ....... for those who don't know.

Not to put words in his mouth but i wouldn't expect anything till that's done.

I bitch at him almost daily about getting "Dead Reckoning" done so don't worry he's getting the message from everyone.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I want more!!!!

Grove
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I have learned a lot from this story.  Thank you so very much for posting it.  Sis
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#47]
you gotta finish it!!! come on halffast!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
you gotta finish it!!! come on halffast!!!

Please Finish!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Wonderful.

Where can I find "Dead Reckoning" at?

Merry Xmas all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Wouldn't mind finding out how it ends.....no sir. Would not mind at all...I vote Gabe smokes DJ.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top