User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome !
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  Looks like lots of potential.

You're going to need this:
Pond Boss Forum
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You could get 2 American Guinea feeder hogs and 3-4 Alpine or Boer goats and some electric netting and run the goats through first to take out the low foliage and undergrowth and then the hogs through to disturb the soil and clean up the floor. Produces meat, increases health of the forest, and self sufficiency.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks beautiful op. Congratulations!

I’d like to add a suggestion to the bug spray/trap ideas. This is from personal experience in the HUD/REO industry a number of years ago. Once you have power turned on in your name, consider renting or buying an ozone generator. Property remediation companies would be a good source to look up in your area. While the home is locked up and unoccupied, run it / them and then air out the house. Ozone attacks organic creepies like germs, bacteria, mold, mildew and viruses. It will go a long way towards a good deep cleaning / disinfecting.

A word of caution... exit the house after you turn it on. Ozone is harmful to people, pets, and plants (it attacks organic substances). Remove them before treatment. It will harm your lungs if you stand next to it while it is running (ask me how I know )

Walk away after turning it on. That’s why I suggest you do it early before you begin to occupy the house. That way you can break the house up into smaller areas to treat over a few days if you DIY.

I own a machine and have used it a couple of times this past winter to remove the stale smelling air from a closet or a bedroom. It works great for pet odor too.

Best of luck to you!
View Quote

@np149

That is some great advice, I think I actually have a Ozone generator, just need some new plates for it....
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
OP just hooked himself up with 10.7 rural acres with fresh water access in North By God Carolina.

Nothin but upside. Especially these days.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@np149

That is some great advice, I think I actually have a Ozone generator, just need some new plates for it....
View Quote

You’re welcome! Best wishes to you!
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking spread OP! Hope you have the winning bid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice looking spread OP! Hope you have the winning bid.
View Quote

Oh, we won the bid. Thats why I started this thread. Now the clincher is meeting the deadlines/paperwork while HUD/Banks and everyone else are at reduced staffing, not in office or teleworking. Oh, and not accepting electronic transfers? (The Earnest money had to be Certified Check to the Realtor/Lawyer?!?!?!) Hoping to actually close next week and get the keys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Beautiful place for sure. We own 40 acres in Sealevel north of you near the rev campground. Love the area
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
Social Isolation...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Been back and forth a couple of times. Getting a feeling for what we want to do, what the priorities will be and the all important budget. This waiting for closing is killing me. So many things that need to be done and things I want to start doing...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#14]
That is cool as hell, I don't even think you could get a lot like that anymore around here. Would cost a fortune.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats OP

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#16]
How deep is the pond?

Congrats NCUrk. You and your family are going to love it there. I look forward to visiting this summer/fall.  I’m not shy about doing work while I’m in the area!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks sweet and I dig the "pond". Any fish, or do you have any plans to stock it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Beauty! Looooove the stove in that kitchen. If I had a lake like that, work would have a hard time getting me online.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Is a very niiiice!

But seriously, congratulations! The pond lake is amazing. However, looking at the overhead image you shared, looks like it may also be an attractor for trespassers, from rednecks who want to go fishing to teens who want to go swimming. Is there a good fence around the property line, especially the "back 5" where the lake is (and where the neighbors' property to the north of the lake looks super trashy when you zoom in )?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How deep is the pond? Have been told 22 feet. Mel wants to figure out how to make a spot 33... Then it becomes a Dive Training area.

Congrats NCUrk. You and your family are going to love it there. I look forward to visiting this summer/fall.  I’m not shy about doing work while I’m in the area!
View Quote
Let us know. You know the steaks will be cooked and the crowd is friendly. If you want something of the Pulled pork or brisket, just give me a few days notice...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks sweet and I dig the "pond". Any fish, or do you have any plans to stock it?
View Quote

It has trained coy in it now. Walk out on the dock and they come to you. Neighbors have been feeding them for a few years. They also said we have some nice bass in there too...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Beauty! Looooove the stove in that kitchen. If I had a lake like that, work would have a hard time getting me online.
View Quote

That is the plan.  This is where shift work is nice. Will be home 72 hours at a time to get things done and enjoy the property.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is a very niiiice!

But seriously, congratulations! The pond lake is amazing. However, looking at the overhead image you shared, looks like it may also be an attractor for trespassers, from rednecks who want to go fishing to teens who want to go swimming. Is there a good fence around the property line, especially the "back 5" where the lake is (and where the neighbors' property to the north of the lake looks super trashy when you zoom in )?
View Quote

Its definitely a concern. We were walking the path the other day with our dogs (GSD and A Vishla/Pit mix) when someone warned us to be careful, they let there dogs run free (Doberman and a Pit bull) and the Pit is aggressive. I politely informed him if anything was aggressive toward my family, my animals or me, they would be taking a dirt nap via .45. He asked who I thought I was saying that. My response appeared to startle him. I simply said, "The new owner." Most of the land has a 4 foot chain-link fence the previous owner put up with a couple of gaps that Mrs NCUrk and myself plan on fixing. The vegetation provides a nice natural barrier, but its mostly cosmetic. All the folks on the driveway side are nice and appear to be happy to have the house occupied. Its the folks on the back side that may be an issue. Time will tell. Hoping everyone will be neighborly.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome property.  I hope you keep this thread updated.  Congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd love to see your boat next to that dock in that pond just for the hell of it.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks great
Its awesome you have time to get it in shape before the move.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd love to see your boat next to that dock in that pond just for the hell of it.  
View Quote

Hafta fresh water flush them motors some time....
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your thinking!     Definitely post pics when you do that!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Awesome looking property!  Look forward to seeing more updates
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Closing is scheduled for the 27th (Could be sooner...)  Hoping the Covid doesn't screw anything up....

ETA: Driving the wife crazy. Looking at Tractors.

Want a 30ish HP compact with FEL, quick attach bucket and Grapple. Box blade, bush hog and 3 point PTO stump grinder....

What I will get is my 10 year old Scag ZTR

ETA 2: Have this on standby rental for the first week we move in...
(With a grapple too)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Carteret County.
View Quote

My college roommate lives in Carteret County, and works at the NCSU Aquaculture lab there. I could probably get you in touch with him for advice on how to best stock/manage that pond. Fish farming is literally what he does for a living.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Closing is scheduled for the 27th (Could be sooner...)  Hoping the Covid doesn't screw anything up....

ETA: Driving the wife crazy. Looking at Tractors.

Want a 30ish HP compact with FEL, quick attach bucket and Grapple. Box blade, bush hog and 3 point PTO stump grinder....

What I will get is my 10 year old Scag ZTR

ETA 2: Have this on standby rental for the first week we move in...
(With a grapple too)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/269478/13036_jpg-1357079.JPG

View Quote

Should be able to get quite a bit done with that!

Lots of great deals on financing new equipment right now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to rent a machine like that - can you give me a clue what it costs to rent that?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I need to rent a machine like that - can you give me a clue what it costs to rent that?
View Quote

A few hundred bucks a day at Sunbelt, smaller shops are probably cheaper
https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/subcat/828/skidsteer-loaders/
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Machine, Bush hog and Grapple are roughly $2600.00 for 7 days. It will be worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I would say you did excellent.
The house was probably due for a few updates either way.  Homes always look nicer when they are furnished this one is just showing it’s true colors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Very nice score! I love the idea of a private pond.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Machine, Bush hog and Grapple are roughly $2600.00 for 7 days. It will be worth every penny.
View Quote

Nice looking rental.  You’ll want one after renting one.  Lol

Their 7 days probably means 40 hours on the meter.  

Ask about that so you know for sure.  I have rented equipment several times.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Really nice place. Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have rented from them before. 1 week is a 7 day rental. They dont care about the meters. It makes life nice. Also, if you rent on Friday and return on Monday, it's only a 2 day rent. The are closed on Sundays, so it's a free day.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Congrats OP! Looks like a dream property!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Got the call from the better have today, we close on the 30th...

Then the work begins.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Just got off the phone with the equipment rental place.

Kubota SVL 75 with 8 foot Bush hog and Grapple will be dropped off on the 2nd. I have it for a week, I happen to have that week off of work.
Have at-least 5 new chains for the chainsaw and plenty of gas.  I need to remember to get a lot of before pictures before I go to wild....
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Congrats!  

Arfcom work and shoot weekend?
View Quote

Not just yet, need to set a range up first... Then explain the Arf dedication to work and shoot weekend to the wife...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top