Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2017 10:42:26 AM EDT
The cucumber beetles killed my plants this year. I've been looking a little online, and seeing suggestions ranging from beneficial nematodes to row covers.

I was thinking of doing some of the nematodes this fall, but it looks like they may not overwinter very well.

Any suggestions on what I can do differently next year, or this fall in preparation for next year?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They were almost successful in doing that to my love of music back in the '60s.

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
there are resistant varieties IIRC
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There are systemic insecticides, like Imidacloprid, that work well.  The insecticide is transported via the roots to the foliage.  Beetles eat the leaves and ingest the insecticide.  Check with your county extension agency on what would be best to use in your area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top