Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2017 12:14:52 PM EDT
The wife and I looked at an XR4155HC LS (55hp) and loved it, dealer is 10 minutes away. Only issue is that I have a good amount of implements that were a little big for the kubota L2501 I want to get rid of but might be too small for LS. Woods RC5 brush mower, Deere sb1154 snowblower, dr wood chipper, generic disc rated for 40hp.

I'd hate to replace all that but loved the size of the tractor vs the xr31 series

Would I be better of with the 40hp vs the 55? It's a $3000 difference (same frame size)that if not for my implements would no brained go 55. I hear they are the same engine just tuned different.

What do you all think? Ok to use a cut that size with those implements?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends, do you want 33%+ more power or not
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The disk should be ok the Woods mower will less than likely cover your tires but work till you can replace it. The rest I don't know, I imagine they will do fine at idled down speeds. Or if the tractor comes with the economy pto setting it should work.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see any issues with the equipment run by the 55 hp tractor.  Not sure of the specs, but I always wanted my mower to cut wider than the tractor. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top