Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay one more question.  Do you have any wish for privacy screens--even light ones-- in the back yard to screen the deck/patio area from the neighboring houses?
View Quote
Not particularly. Never thought I needed any more privacy back there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, what a great thread. Hopefully you all don't mind a few grass questions because I'm pretty much the village idiot when it comes to lawns.

This is my normal lawn. First dumb question - what is it? Rye, fescue, ????

Attachment Attached File

Over the years, I've been getting more and more clumps of this stuff:

Attachment Attached File

Is it just another type of grass or some sort of crabgrass? And as far as removing it and returning it to some kind of uniformity - just pull and reseed?

Thanks for bearing with me. :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going to give a preliminary answer, and hope that some of the turf people will chime in.

I understand grass, but I am NOT a grass expert.  (I'm not a rose expert either)    We all know more about some stuff than other stuff, and there are people on this forum who understand grass through and through, in ways I do not.

So....with that caveat--that I may be wrong, I'm going to say what I see.

i think you have either fine fescue or bluegrass, and I can't tell which, in most of your lawn.  My guess is fine fescue but Ky bluegrass grows great in most of Ohio, so you may have that.

That big clump is a coarse clumping fescue.  Dig it out and add some soil to level that spot and sew some more grass seed.

BUT....you have some dead spots in your lawn and it looks to me like you're not too late to renovate that lawn.  It needs dethatching, if what I see on the ground in the dead spots is actually thatch and not bermudagrass.

Let us pray that it is not bermudagrass.  If those spots get green in the summer, I'm wrong.

Okay I should have added...you need to dethatch your lawn, and if it were mine, I would then overseed with more of what you have, water it in, and @cuttingedge may tell me I'm so far off base it's ridiculous.

ETA:  You need a shovel or spade to dig out the big clump of coarse fescue.  There's a reason "grassroots movements" are hard to stop.  The roots on that are really tough.  Get a shovel, cut around it, shove under it as shallow as you can, and pry it up.  Then pull it up, (it'll come up all in one piece unless you cut through the root clump) bust off the dirt and leave it in the (considerable) hole, then you will need to add some dirt to level that spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, what a great thread. Hopefully you all don't mind a few grass questions because I'm pretty much the village idiot when it comes to lawns.

This is my normal lawn. First dumb question - what is it? Rye, fescue, ????

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56/IMG_3185-524483.JPG

Over the years, I've been getting more and more clumps of this stuff:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56/IMG_3184-524484.JPG

Is it just another type of grass or some sort of crabgrass? And as far as removing it and returning it to some kind of uniformity - just pull and reseed?

Thanks for bearing with me. :)
I'm going to give a preliminary answer, and hope that some of the turf people will chime in.

I understand grass, but I am NOT a grass expert.  (I'm not a rose expert either)    We all know more about some stuff than other stuff, and there are people on this forum who understand grass through and through, in ways I do not.

So....with that caveat--that I may be wrong, I'm going to say what I see.

i think you have either fine fescue or bluegrass, and I can't tell which, in most of your lawn.  My guess is fine fescue but Ky bluegrass grows great in most of Ohio, so you may have that.

That big clump is a coarse clumping fescue.  Dig it out and add some soil to level that spot and sew some more grass seed.

BUT....you have some dead spots in your lawn and it looks to me like you're not too late to renovate that lawn.  It needs dethatching, if what I see on the ground in the dead spots is actually thatch and not bermudagrass.

Let us pray that it is not bermudagrass.  If those spots get green in the summer, I'm wrong.

Okay I should have added...you need to dethatch your lawn, and if it were mine, I would then overseed with more of what you have, water it in, and @cuttingedge may tell me I'm so far off base it's ridiculous.

ETA:  You need a shovel or spade to dig out the big clump of coarse fescue.  There's a reason "grassroots movements" are hard to stop.  The roots on that are really tough.  Get a shovel, cut around it, shove under it as shallow as you can, and pry it up.  Then pull it up, (it'll come up all in one piece unless you cut through the root clump) bust off the dirt and leave it in the (considerable) hole, then you will need to add some dirt to level that spot.
Kitties, You are not too far off
I would add that most cool season turf grasses are a combination of many types. Yours looks like it is predominately Fescue (Tall, Chewing, Red) with some Rye and Kentucky Blue mixed in. For renovation, I would suggest hiring someone or renting the equipment (Plug Aerator and Overseeder).
This is best done in early fall.
1. Aerate
2. Broadcast seed with a spreader at Half rate.
3. Use a slice seeder to go over the entire lawn at half rate.
4. Add starter fertilizer at the recommended rate.
5. Water until emergence.
6. Continue watering but switch to a deep infrequent watering schedule.
This combination will loosen soil compaction and allows good seed/ soil contact which is crucial.

There are other ways to accomplish this but this is the best method and will produce the best results for you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
@Kitties-with-Sigs and @cuttingedge, thank you so much for the analysis and advice and especially the simplified explanations.

Now I have lots to read up on and plenty of things to do outside in the upcoming months.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Kitties,,

Hopefully this will answer questions

Link Posted: 4/25/2018 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry guys...full time at the hospital with my mom right now.

I have not forgotten this, but am lucky to hit the forum at all.  I know it's the time of year you want to get going.

Bad timing on my part.
View Quote
No need to apologize at all. Take care of Mom like you need to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#16]
KwS..
Hope all the best for your Mom...Be strong.
Thank-you for sharing your expertise.
I've learned a lot but will have questions.
All the best regards.
..FN..
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@blackx-runner

I'm starting to work on the project questions in this thread.

Have you taken any action on your landscape?  It's okay if you have.  But no point in me saying, "do this" if you've already addressed that area.

And can you give me the approximate dimensions of your house and yard?  Basically, how much space do you have at the ends of your house between the building and the property line?

And I want the size of the house (close is good) so I can sketch it out on a piece of paper. (I'm old school. )

I'm thinking you want to address the front of the property first, for curb appeal.  Is that correct?

Kitties
View Quote
Welcome back, hope things are settling down and getting back to normal for you.

I haven't taken any action with landscaping. Its been nice all week, and crap weather on the weekends lately.  Got the deck washed and will get it stained next week. Hopefully getting the tree taken out sometime soon, but when you're dealing with a barter deal you tend to get pushed behind the bill paying jobs.

Front of the property and curb appeal is definitely what I am after right now. End goal is to finish up all the projects and hopefully find a house or land outside the city. Time frame for that is unknown could be soon if the right place pops up, could be as much as a few years. I want to do things right and enjoy it while I am here , but without going overboard on something that won't get me a worthwhile return.

Attachment Attached File

House sketch. On the side of the house and garage I probably only have 6 or 7 ft to the property lines on each side. 70 ft x 100ft lot. house being pretty much square in the center of it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Got it. Thanks.  Looks like about 60' length for the structure.  That's mostly what I needed, for proportion.

One more question.  Which direction does the front of your house face?  (This will tell me how the sunlight travels across your landscape.)
View Quote
east
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am returning from the dead, and letting anyone know if you are still interested in help.

If not, believe me, I understand.  I'm not particularly interested in help from me after the drama of this spring/summer.
View Quote

Hey Kitties! How you doing?

Not much progress on my wall and I'm still looking around at the lighting situation. I did get some mortar mix for between the stones and did a short piece to see if it would work as I hoped. It did, now I'm going to dye the dried mortar (it's concrete color) and see how that looks.

Edit: I must have missed the drama (if you posted it here). Glad you're not dead and hope everything is getting better.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bump to keep this out of archives.  unexpected deadline past two weeks, as my mom's house sold and I had to get the stuff out and fast.

I'm back, and will be posting in the upcoming days.

Apologies, again, because life stopped me after I offered help.
View Quote
I'm still interested in some help with landscaping ideas if you have time. Been working on the inside with the heat lately, but this fall I wouldn't mind getting some work done on the landscaping.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey @Kitties-with-Sigs what grasses or low shrubs grow in fat clay in Northern MI?

Lotsa topsoil up in the yard now, pond getting dug in the back corner of the property, guesstimate of future water line puts some clay exposed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're awesome.  Your lengthy reply to my admittedly ridiculous question indicates dedication and loyalty.

I asked at the local feed store, went in with a hankering for buckwheat just to get something growing on the bare ground, they said it would do fine but annual ryegrass would be cheaper.
I went with buckwheat anyway, might do ryegrass or a mix next spring.  The buckwheat germinated well just hand scattered, and is a couple inches high after three weeks.

The pond is a big 1/4 acre hole right now, but they brought in sand from the neighboring property and it will have a nice shoreline.  Three big hills.  I will post up a couple pictures.  I want to start a maple woods for syrup and a couple of wildlife food plots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@blackx-runner

Let's start with the front of your house.

I agree that you should keep it simple.

POINT 1:  I believe you should incorporate curves in the beds--basically the curves would soften the look of the place in a good way, BUT....

POINT 2:  What you need to know is that you should keep it symmetrical

I'm going to draw you a little design to help you with the size and shape of the curves of the beds.

But here is the outline of the procedure you will follow:

- To make your life easy in the future, you're going to

a- remove the sod and dig out the beds (or till them and painstakingly get the grass out), then if you have heavy clay, you're going to mix in some compost.  If you have awesome midwest soil, you don't need to.

b-THEN you're going to rake it out all nice and lay down some good quality landscape fabric. NOT plastic.  Make sure the level of the soil and mulch will not be above your porch, which sits pretty much level with the yard from what I can tell.  You might have to move a few wheelbarrows of dirt to the back or sides.  You can use that to get good drainage slope around the ends of the house, and to help you as you prep for the "walk" and plants that will go around to the back patio from the driveway (for when you have people over to grill out. )

c--As you do this, you will prep for the edging material.  If I forget to tell you how to prep, cuz I'm so freaking long-winded, holler at me.  The edging will make you love your life and it will keep your beds looking great with very low maintenance.  (There is no such thing as NO maintenance unless you live in the desert and have rock beds with stone sculptures.) You can have just a "trench"for edging, but that's HIGH maintenance.  You want low maintenance.  That means work up front, to make life easier later.

Don't skip this edging step.   It's very important.   However it is one of the more time consuming bits, depending on what you choose to do.

d- THEN you're going to put in your plants and mulch with something NOT made of rubber and NOT dyed some funky shade of impossible red or brown or black.   And not white or funky colored rock.  Kay?  You have a blue house. Let it pop out of the landscape and be lovely.  Don't do some funky color with the mulch, and fake mulch made of rubber looks like fake rubber mulch forever. Your choice should be something inexpensive and available locally, like pine bark nuggets or bagged cypress mulch or pine straw or whatever is the thing in your area.  Any of that will fade to a nice warm brown/gray naturally, and will compliment your landscape and your pretty home.  You will buy a few bags of mulch once a year.   You will have to weed just every now and then, and it will be "oh there's a weed"  *walks out there and pulls it up*  The landscape fabric is your friend.  A good fabric will last for a minimum of 5-8 years.  I have seen it last 15.  I do not promise that yours will last that long.

Now...EDGING:

You have two options for the edging...

**Go and buy pavers and sink them side by side (NOT END TO END, OKAY?) in the ground to form the edge.    This will be beautiful. You can also do this with rough cut, flat rocks.  No cutting involved.  Your edge will be more rustic and grass might encroach a little quicker. The ditch will be wider, though.  So you have a thicker wall around the castle, so to speak.

Here is a good video from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZmR4A0-1ZU This Old Housee about brick pavers and how to lay them, and they even do a cheater wet saw with a circular saw and a bottle of water.  HOWEVER, you can get thinner pavers than what they show here. OR....get some kind of edging stone that has a natural curve to it.  Even rough stone like limestone of whatever you have in your area can make a great edging. BUT...  what they show here....this is the way to do it, and they make it simple.

*****Let me add right here, that the shape of that bed in the video is okay, but it's not wonderful.   There are some curves in there that appear to be added just "cuz" and make no sense.  Good curves are important, for a woman, and for a landscape bed.  They've got to be smooth, large enough to matter, and in the right places.

Yes, I'm appealing to the understanding of the main audience demographic.  

With regard to the paver installation.....You can cheat, but like all cheats, it's never quite as good as the real deal.  (Let me just say that I have cheated on this, many times.  I am not a snob about cheating on the landscape paver installation.  Nobody is going to die, after all. )

Your SECOND edging option is.....

**Use plastic edging.  The important part of this is that the pllastic edging has to be buried all the way so that only the round part at the top is exposed. Done correctly, it is barely visible.  And that's a good thing, because who thinks black plastic edging is beautiful?  NOBODY!  BUT it can work!  If you do it right, you can run your mower over the edging and not cut it.
OH my gosh, SO MANY TIMES  I've seen some of this stuff installed that is barely in the ground, sticking up out of the landscape like a black plastic wall that is supposed to keep the bushes back by sheer force of ugliness.  "Nooooo!  Don't get near the waaaaallll!"  

Now then..the OTHER side of it.....I am not gonna pretend I like black plastic edging, but it is WAY better than none, it's cheap (though not as cheap, normally, as the guy in the video got it) and done right, it can work really well.

Here is a video with a guy who shows how to install it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNPpbFMDwQ

Listen..this guy's "island bed" at the end of the video?  It's horrible.  Truly horrible.  It has no reason to live. Don't do anything like that.  BUT...he does a very good job of showing how to install the edging at the right height for the round top edge to be at the right level.  I might do it a hair deeper, so it's not so visible. It can work well, managed right.

This guy's curves are just....well...if I were a gay man I would be waving my hands and running in circles, yelling "OhMYGod!" in a little girl voice.  Just sayin.

BUT here's the key..

Whatever edging you choose......YOU HAVE TO SINK IT IN THE GROUND.  YOU MUST DO THIS.  If you want your landscape to look freaking awesome, you've got to sink the edging in the ground.  Even if some of your beds are raised, with stacked hardscape (rocks or bricks, etc) outside that stacked hardscape, you want an edging around those beds that is set in the ground. (Usually.  There are exceptions, but for this application, let's keep it simple) This keeps you from having to trim around it with a weedeater twice every freaking week. It also keeps the grass from encroaching for a long time.  You can just run your mower wheel right over the top of the edging and Ta-Da!!!!  Nice-looking landscape.  Tthe edging separates the hardscape from the grass.

I think you need to keep the beds in front level with the porch, sloping out toward the front of the property.  We ARE going to create elevation and height differences in your landscape, but we're going to do that with planters and different height plantings.

Now then....with all I've said, my point is that digging out and edging your beds is going to be the bulk of the work in your yard.  

I will give you a drawing, hopefully this weekend, of the curves I think would work for your house/yard.

Do you have questions about any of this?

I HAVE ONE QUESTION.

The mailbox by your front door says to me that your mail carrier walks your neighborhood.

Is this true?

if so, how does he/she get to your front door?

Up the driveway, beside your cars, along the front of your house to the mailbox, and back?

I ask this because one thing that would really, significantly, add curb appeal to your home would be a front walk. You can do this with pavers.

A front walk says, "welcome home."  Your property would benefit from that, in particular because it's a stately house, with columns, and there is going to be a gap for a walk in the landscaping at the front entrance.  Because it's a residential property, it's difficult to realistically design it any other way. Without a front walk, If I design beds all along the front,  the house might feel sort of "walled off" --maybe a little unapproachable, which is not a good thing when you are attempting to sell (which you indicated you might).

So....the walk would mean a few 18" paving stones laid out in a nice pattern (not two pavers, side by side, the depth of your front yard, though that is better than none.)

My design will include a front walk, (not an expensive one) unless you say you absolutely don't want that.

Now then...that's a lot to absorb.

Thoughts?  Questions?  Go drown yourself in the pond out back, Kitties?  

Talk to me before I draw this, scan it in, and upload it to the forum.

Let me know how my thoughts work or don't work with what you want.
View Quote
That's awesome Kitties. Appreciate the time you're putting into this, I like what I think you are describing. Can't wait to see a little sketch to put it together.
Proper edging. Got it LOL.

As for the mailman you are correct that he walks the neighborhood and up to the house. I'm pretty sure most of the time he goes right across the lawns.  
I agree a front walk would look nice, one thing on that though I think it would still need to come off the driveway. The pictures don't show elevation real well, the pictures with the city sidewalk you can see the sad looking strip of grass next to the sidewalk. That strip is actually a pretty decent slope. It would take steps to safely come off the sidewalk, and that isn't something I am interested in doing. The rest of the yard beyond that isn't nearly as steep, but it's definitely still got a rise to it up to the house.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@Pavelow16478 did you do anything with the sidewalk yet?  I had some ideas, then got sidetracked, and scrolling back through I realized I didn't really address this much.

I know you have more stuff going on with the building for the parental units.

So not sure where you stand with this part...whether it's on hold for putting out bigger fires, or if you already did something with it.

Kitties
View Quote
We havent yet.  Decided to hold off on it until the front porch gets rebuilt in a year or two.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#43]
@ blackx-runner

I started to draw, looked back at your photos and got confused.

This photo...

It looks like there is a significant drop from your yard to the neighbor's in a very short span.   It appears you are significantly "up hill" from the neighbors with the white car.  I cannot see the bottom half of their wheels, which makes me think a foot of drop over eight or ten feet. (given your 60' property width--am I remembering right?)

http://www.fototime.com/9B2F66514D69DCB/standard.jpg

Then in THIS photo, it looks like there's not nearly that much drop.  I can't really tell there's a hill at all.

http://www.fototime.com/D10211B1F59208D/standard.jpg

Camera angles can  be tricky.

And along that same line...

Your comment about the drop from the yard to the sidewalk....I can't see that in the photos.  (I also could not tell whether you meant yard to sidewalk, or sidewalk to street, which is not pictured.)  If it's sidewalk to street...I'm not worried about that.

If it's yard to sidewalk, that matters.

I really hate to ask, but can you go down in front of the neighbors with the white car and take a shot up the street, so I can see your house, your yard, and the sidewalk and your driveway, from that direction?

Or if you can't, can you describe it?

I don't want to give you something that won't work.

So sorry.

Kitties
View Quote
No need to apologize at all. I'm very thankful you're willing to take the time to look at this for me. I'll try to get you whatever pics and dimensions you need.
Elevation is hard to capture in pictures. My house is definitely higher than the neighbor to the north.
I added a picture from across the street and drew in the approximate property line. Most of the drop in elevation is past the property line.
Attachment Attached File

From the street to the sidewalk is essentially flat. Then my yard has about a 25 deg rise. Where the grass thickens up in the pic is where the lawn flattens out to a more reasonable grade up to the house. My driveway is a pretty consistent 8 deg slope from garage down to the sidewalk so as we get more towards the end of the drive I have  more of a grade up to the "flatter" area of the lawn there as well. That's why I was thinking any kind of front walk would have to come off the driveway, but we'll see what you can come up with.
On the south side of the driveway the lawn pretty much follows the same slope of the driveway. Only the east/west elevation change. Relatively flat across north/south direction.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Okay these photos help tremendously.

I see what you mean, now, about the "safety" issue with a flat walk to the sidewalk.

I need to understand your thinking.  ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGMENT on any of this. I just need to know your thoughts on what you want to do or not do.

You said you weren't interested in steps, and to go straight to the sidewalk (my first choice) you would need them.  They don't have to be concrete or built by somebody else, but I get that it's more work. More digging. More installing pavers and such.  More thought investment.  More...just..more.    So, is that a matter of "I just don't wanna do that"? (which is absolutely fine, I swear) or is it the idea that you'd have to pay somebody else to do it?  I ask because you were not scared off by the "you have to do good edging" section of my last post.

I will give you two options.   But my FIRST choice would be for your front walk to go straight to the sidewalk.  Mainly because it looks like you park very close to the edge of your driveway, and a curved walk will be for looks only, mostly.  I don't generally do a lot of stuff for looks that isn't also functional.  I want it to function, too.    But secondly, because of your awesome front door.  The symmetry of your house, and the grand front door, would be enhanced by a somewhat formal approach to the landscaping.  It can be simple and formal (formal usually just means symmetrical) and that leads me to want a straight walk and landscaping to frame that front door. It looks like from the back tire of the car, down to the sidewalk, it's too steep to do without steps (on your potential walk.)  So the sidewalk would have to curve over to about where that blue car's back tire is, or else you would need steps.

Is that what you also see?

So...talk to me about the whole "not interested in steps" thing.  And for real...your answer will not be wrong.  I want to know what works for your REAL life.  Not a pretend one.

ETA one more question....Do others in your neighborhood have front walks?  Or does everyone pretty much just use the driveway?
View Quote
You're probably pretty close on where a path would need to hit the driveway. I also wouldn't typically have both cars out in the drive anyway. So parking close to the edge where the walkway would be wouldn't normally be an issue.

As for the steps I think the work involved in putting them in would be just too big of an "investment". That is a lot of extra time and energy and money involved as well. To do it correctly and look great might also be pushing beyond my DIY skill level with landscaping.

Your question about the rest of the neighborhood. There really are no "formal" front walks. Poured concrete path off the driveway if anything at all. It's a 50 year old neighborhood and they were putting up houses as fast and cheap as they could. I have 2x3 interior walls and had mobile home widows until I replaced them. I'm all for throwing a little polish on the front, but I don't want to over invest for what it is.  Some nicely edged beds would put me on par with the nicer homes in the neighborhood. Clean up the back patio and I think i've maxed out my return for where I'm at.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Heres some pics of that fake grass project, for anyone wondering how it's holding up.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

(Its holding up really well)
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top