Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Moved a toolbox Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cur:

I have a 317G, so no hi-flo.
There's a fair chance we'll be moving in the next year or so to as couple hundred acres we have in Ga. If we do I'm upgrading to a 333G as a mulcher will be needed for some cleaning.

Used the new harrow yesterday. First purchased drag I've used. It's always been a tire drag, which I hate. Trying to get one wide enough is a pain. If you do get it wide enough you have to unhook and re-hook on the end to go through gates. I'm too lazy for all that.

Said screw it and bought a 3-point 12' center with 4'9" hydraulic wings.  Hit a few areas where we had feeders and where hogs had been. I wish I'd bought it sooner. Does a much better job leveling hog damage and spreading manure, and doesn't seem as hard on the grass.

At almost 22' it will save days of work.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-mbBWx85/0/0a548953/XL/i-mbBWx85-XL.jpg
View Quote
What make/model is this and do you have any more to say about it or more pictures?  I drag a telephone pole and R/R tie to smash manure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chadnutz:
What make/model is this and do you have any more to say about it or more pictures?  I drag a telephone pole and R/R tie to smash manure.
View Quote

@Chadnutz

American Harrow.

It works great for cleaning up hog damage. We’re cutting sod and the trucks made some ruts, it cleaned that up nicely.
It doesn’t break up manure as well as I’d hoped, but I think adding some weight would fix that. Make it a little more aggressive.
The times will clog up with dead grass, just raise it and the grass drops off.

I ordered a 12’ center and 4’9” wings. Doing over I’d get a 10’ center and bigger wings. We have 16’ gates and with the wings folded up it’s about 14’ wide. A little tight for my taste going through gates.

Jury is still out on how durable it will be. The joint where the wings fold is just a bolt and sleeve. Nothing major though if I end up having to repair.

I’ll post more pictures later.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Finished up the last 240 rolls for the year.  Hay is officially done!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
My small LS25 replaced an old Yanmar and I certainly use it for many many things. Here it's a "backup" to the chain hoist as a safety measure.
Attachment Attached File

Being really remote , old and on our own the small tractor is my "helper" for all sorts of chores. No way we'd make it here without it. It is however still a tractor and as such it dreams about new ways to kill me every night.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Needed to clear/flatten a bit of space at the house for a small temporary shelter for the Z930M & used the 1025R.  Used the ripper to grub up small stumps and roots & to loosen the ground for the loader bucket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#8]
Dug the line from the new house to the septic with the B2650.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PA452:
Dug the line from the new house to the septic with the B2650.

https://i.imgur.com/IGfKmH7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qCeHyfJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hcn2Def.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WlCcB3a.jpg
View Quote

Is that a Superior Walls foundation?  What is the little window in the basement for?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheJMan1:

Is that a Superior Walls foundation?  What is the little window in the basement for?
View Quote

Yep, Superior Walls.

The window is just for light and egress. I believe it's code. It will be a little below grade in a window well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Yep, Superior Walls.

The window is just for light and egress. I believe it's code. It will be a little below grade in a window well.
View Quote

Ah makes sense.  We are in PA as well with a walkout Superior foundation.  When finishing the basement I added an inch of R2.5 foam to the entire basement and 2 inches to the areas above grade.  So R17.5 to R22.5 total, makes it an easy space to condition.  Good choice on the Andersen windows as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#12]
Originally Posted By TheJMan1:

Ah makes sense.  We are in PA as well with a walkout Superior foundation.  When finishing the basement I added an inch of R2.5 foam to the entire basement and 2 inches to the areas above grade.  So R17.5 to R22.5 total, makes it an easy space to condition.  Good choice on the Andersen windows as well.
View Quote

Ah, nice. How long have you had yours? No water issues I assume?

I just posted this pic in this thread a month or so ago. Here's the inside of that window. We've since had the basement floor poured.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Ah, nice. How long have you had yours? No water issues I assume?

I just posted this pic in this thread a month or so ago. Here's the inside of that window. We've since had the basement floor poured.

https://i.imgur.com/D1raF6B.jpg
View Quote

16 years.  I love the Superor walls, no water issues.  They make the finishing easier.  There should be notches in the corners so you can add PT studs where the drywall meets and the predrilled holes are great for running wires.  I used Densarmor drywall on all of the exterior walls, it has a fiberglass backing instead of the paper that regular drywall has. I didn't insulate under the slab but if you think you want to now is the time.

I'm sure it's in the plan but if possible make sure the basement has at least one drain, preferably near where your water heater and manifold will be.  

Best of luck.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh and to get the thread back on track.  Not today obviously but making some hay earlier this year.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Well it's time to slice and feed the marsh mellows.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Leaves, leaves, and more leaves.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

It’s to bad you can’t sell them as a all natural mulch.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

It’s to bad you can’t sell them as a all natural mulch.
View Quote

I've been doing this a few years now.  One property has a big ditch I dump them in.  It won't be long till I have some seriously nice compost.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Pops made a telescoping 3pt top link to manually adjust the angle of his rear forks on the fly. Works pretty well.

Home made 3pt hitch top link
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Pops made a telescoping 3pt top link to manually adjust the angle of his rear forks on the fly. Works pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAS4_EipLEo
View Quote

Not saying this to say his isn't good, or that he needs my suggestion, just saying it in case you/him aren't aware of it.

They make hydraulic top links so you can have infinite adjustment and it's much easier to do the adjustment. Just fyi. Yeah, they're a little more costly than his, so there is that, but hydraulic would open up the ability to adjust tilt with the load lifted.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SigOwner_P229:

Not saying this to say his isn't good, or that he needs my suggestion, just saying it in case you/him aren't aware of it.

They make hydraulic top links so you can have infinite adjustment and it's much easier to do the adjustment. Just fyi. Yeah, they're a little more costly than his, so there is that, but hydraulic would open up the ability to adjust tilt with the load lifted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Agree.  Nothing beats having a hydraulic top link.  Adding the valve and connectors may be pretty expensive too depending on the tractor.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#22]
My little helper getting the nose ready to weld onto my trailer.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You are correct that a hydraulic top link would be better, but my dad is a 76 year old farmer from the old school. He's happiest when he makes something on his own. Doubly so if he uses scrap to do it.

Besides, this homemade top link allows him to do what he needs to do, so he's content with it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]

You are correct that a hydraulic top link would be better, but my dad is a 76 year old farmer from the old school. He's happiest when he makes something on his own. Doubly so if he uses scrap to do it.

Besides, this homemade top link allows him to do what he needs to do, so he's content with it.
View Quote

Oh, I totally get it, that's why I put the disclaimer. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that they existed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Tilled the first garden.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

Cleaning out the chicken coop.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

B2601?
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Pushing snow, feeding cows.  I hate blizzards, snow and winter.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I am wind rowing the litter in mine and today I will level it back out. I’m dreading it with the cold and a couple of fans running.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Ended up getting some loads of millings come back from a job Friday night / sat am, so threw them in the driveway of my new shop.  Starting renovations in a week or two
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Still pushing snow and feeding cows.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#33]

B2601?
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#34]
I had a downed tree I had to take care of today.  Hackberry if I'm not mistaken, down at the bottom of my hill, right next to my neighbor's farm.  Fork it, let's see the pics:

Closeup of the bark; no leaves, it's been down for quite some time:

Lifting a piece for cutting:

Lifting and cutting some more.  Note:  Anyone besides Foxtrot see the Cardinal Rule I'm breaking here?

Picking up the trunk:

The haul, not bad for ~2 hours worth of work.  Each pile = one trip up my hill.  Unfortunately, it's way too wet to take any of this up the hill, so I'll have to wait a week or so for it to dry out.

Pic of my home (not) at the top of the hill:

And, as usual - Oh Come-On, you knew this was coming! - A scenic shot:

Thanks for looking!

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:43:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyD] [#35]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
I had a downed tree I had to take care of today.  Hackberry if I'm not mistaken, down at the bottom of my hill, right next to my neighbor's farm.  Fork it, let's see the pics:

https://i.imgur.com/z58q7Cx.jpg

Closeup of the bark; no leaves, it's been down for quite some time:

https://i.imgur.com/rOQ1dlR.jpg

Lifting a piece for cutting:

https://i.imgur.com/sDm5Ia4.jpg

Lifting and cutting some more.  Note:  Anyone besides Foxtrot see the Cardinal Rule I'm breaking here?

https://i.imgur.com/T48dGgJ.jpg

Picking up the trunk:

https://i.imgur.com/c3VJqhj.jpg

The haul, not bad for ~2 hours worth of work.  Each pile = one trip up my hill.  Unfortunately, it's way too wet to take any of this up the hill, so I'll have to wait a week or so for it to dry out.

https://i.imgur.com/4rGKZQr.jpg

Pic of my home (not) at the top of the hill:

https://i.imgur.com/QhyJGKt.jpg

And, as usual - Oh Come-On, you knew this was coming! - A scenic shot:

https://i.imgur.com/4M5Vmdi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

View Quote

You have your skidsteer attachment with all the weight on your retainer pins.
Video link
[youtube]shorts/HhkqUx9nEx8?feature=share[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent example of what I said earlier:  Some people would complain about a fucking blowjob.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#37]
@Merlin

That looks like what I have been told my whole life was a Hackberry.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Hackberry bark is very rough but instead of ribs or ridges, it's little knots sticking up. It does get a little more smooth as it ages but I've never seen a hackberry that smooth.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Excellent example of what I said earlier:  Some people would complain about a fucking blowjob.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Hog butcherin':
Attachment Attached File

A little north of 300 #er.  My half made 25 #'s of brats, 30 #'s of breakfast sausage, ribs and loins.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

You asked what was potentially wrong. Ain’t no hide off my backside if you break something. 🤠 P.S. I only complain when excessive teeth are used. Or if a visible cold sore is present.🥺
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 57plymouth] [#42]
Burned a trash pile.  In fairness,  this was Saturday,  but it was still smoldering Monday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 57plymouth:
Burned a trash pile.  In fairness,  this was Saturday,  but it was still smoldering Monday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/110220/20221230_140556_jpg-2668428.JPG
View Quote

I had a burn pile that burned for 9 days a few years ago. I cleared a bunch of trees off my pond that wasn't holding water. I had trees as large as 24" DBH, just piled up whole trees. The pile was about 100 feet by 100 feet, and 20 feet tall at its tallest. Despite letting it dry for several months it was still hard to get going (whole trees take a long time to dry). Once I got it going in 1 spot I just kept pushing the fire deeper and deeper into the pile (to keep the heat underneath the pile) until I had burned all the way across the pile. It took 9 days to complete that process. I had to push it in about every 6-8 hours, early morning, mid-day, evening, and late night, then repeat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#44]
This was the brush from a large sweetgum tree I took down.  Plus whatever yard trash, muscadine vine clippings from the spring trimming, stuff I cleared down at the edge of the property, etc.

I have a small pond that is not filling lately. It is overgrown around the edges.  I plan to slowly cut back the junk from the edges and burn the debris.  Since there are no fish in the pond, I will probably spray the edges with weed killer for a year or two to kill it all back.  Hopefully that will give time for the stumps to rot enough to clear back with my grapple so I can keep it mowed with the tractor.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#45]
Did some backfilling under the deck of the new house where it was a little tight for my builder's skid loader. The pic doesn't show the scale well, it's a fairly large cavity in there.

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I did a little snow plowing yesterday and today:

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:43:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#47]
Put forks on the 1025R & moved a planter box out of the way so the tree guy can more easily bring in equipment next week (if he shows ... ).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Had a need for a 3pt attachment that would do four things:

1. Tow conventional trailers
2. Tow gooseneck trailers
3. Have a set of forks
4. Allow for easy use of a concrete counterweight

Couldn't find anything out in the wild, so I made it. I bought the backing structure for SSQA loader forks (not the forks themselves, as I have a few extra pairs kicking around the farm), converted it to 3pt hitch, and then added the two hitches. My concrete counterweight is a block with steel arms sticking up and curling over, so all I have to do is back up to it, lift, and go. No getting off the tractor at all.

Here it is:

For reasons:

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#49]
New toy!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:11:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gman82001] [#50]
Got 11" of snow about 10 days ago which isn't a big deal but we've have days of 60mph winds since so I've been fighting monster drifts with the 4wheeler blade and tractor all week. I was going to go all in on a snow blade for the front of the tractor but happened to come across a 3point to qd mount for the front so I decided to try it for $375 rather than almost $2k for the snow blade. Of course it got here yesterday afternoon and I'd already gone and pushed back all of the piles I built all week trying to keep up with. I got it on this morning and played around pushing some of the more frozen piles and I really think this is going to work well. I'm going to diy a concrete counter weight this spring but hopefully I can dig my way to my box blade and get it on for some weight out back to help with some pushing weight.

kioti ck2610 hst

Attachment Attached File

Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top