Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4HShooter:
My main tractor has been down for the count for a few months. My Google fu is weak and I still am not sure what tractor I own.
View Quote

?  Is it like some gray market rig that doesn't have any markings at all?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Cleaned out about 4 acres of shrubs and vines....

Coastal Federation cleanup.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:18:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4HShooter] [#3]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
My main tractor has been down for the count for a few months. My Google fu is weak and I still am not sure what tractor I own.

I'm 99% sure it's a Ford jubilee, the engine workings look the same. I'm working through a starting issue, seems to be a rusty fuel tank clogging the inlet from the tank to the sediment bowl stopping things up. I've yet to rig up a secondary tank to see if my wits are correct

Attachment Attached File

Here it is. Somebody prove me right please. A year model would be great too if we have a tractor guru here
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Cleaned out about 4 acres of shrubs and vines....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_fVvLQnHi8
View Quote

Looks good!  What's your rates, if you don't mind me asking?  I got some done last month and while the man did a good job, I feel like I got hosed a little. I will go into detail more if needed
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#5]
Originally Posted By flathead977:

Looks good!  What's your rates, if you don't mind me asking?  I got some done last month and while the man did a good job, I feel like I got hosed a little. I will go into detail more if needed
View Quote

Wont go into rates as I don't want a COC violation, will just say its per job and not hourly. Not here to promote my business. Just braggng
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Wont go into rates as I don't want a COC violation, will just say its per job and not hourly. Not here to promote my business. Just braggng
View Quote

I understand, the guy did my job, said I get x,xxx per day. My dumbass figured a day was 7-8 hours.  Didn't question it.  The man comes at 7 and stopped at lunchtime for me to tell him something, I said when do you call it a day? He said usually 12:30. . He ended up staying about an extra hour because rocks had slowed the mulcher up where it wasn't doing the best.  Lesson learned,  a lot got accomplished in that 5.5  + hours, but I don't feel like I got a "days work".  I know he had to go do maintenance on the machine after the job also.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By flathead977:
I understand, the guy did my job, said I get x,xxx per day. My dumbass figured a day was 7-8 hours.  Didn't question it.  The man comes at 7 and stopped at lunchtime for me to tell him something, I said when do you call it a day? He said usually 12:30. . He ended up staying about an extra hour because rocks had slowed the mulcher up where it wasn't doing the best.  Lesson learned,  a lot got accomplished in that 5.5  + hours, but I don't feel like I got a "days work".  I know he had to go do maintenance on the machine after the job also.
View Quote

I have a few that do work for me, but it is on a large scale, so take this for what it is worth: SVL 95 with Fecon head: $110/hr., Cat 299 with Fecon head: $120/hr., (just for reference) 100 HP John Deer tractor with steel cage and Brown Tree Cutter (heavy duty brushhog): $103/hr.  Some of them are paying for some windshield time to or from the job as well.  I would expect to add at least a 10% premium for smaller jobs, and wouldn't be surprised to see rates with an additional 30%.  Mulching takes a big, robust machine, and most folks don't pay a mulcher to show up to clear something their 40 HP tractor will handle.  They hire them to do overgrown junk with unknown debris in it, often in areas that are difficult to traverse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm 99% sure it's a Ford jubilee, the engine workings look the same. I'm working through a starting issue, seems to be a rusty fuel tank clogging the inlet from the tank to the sediment bowl stopping things up. I've yet to rig up a secondary tank to see if my wits are correct

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/250829/8BC44DFE-DE83-4422-B4CF-267C99B8944A_jpe-2119713.JPG
Here it is. Somebody prove me right please. A year model would be great too if we have a tractor guru here
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/250829/8BC44DFE-DE83-4422-B4CF-267C99B8944A_jpe-2119713.JPG

Looks like a 57 Ford 540 Jubilee. There’s I think four bolts on the bottom of the fuel tank to pull the pitcock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

Looks like a 57 Ford 540 Jubilee. There's I think four bolts on the bottom of the fuel tank to pull the pitcock.
View Quote
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]

I have a few that do work for me, but it is on a large scale, so take this for what it is worth: SVL 95 with Fecon head: $110/hr., Cat 299 with Fecon head: $120/hr., (just for reference) 100 HP John Deer tractor with steel cage and Brown Tree Cutter (heavy duty brushhog): $103/hr.  Some of them are paying for some windshield time to or from the job as well.  I would expect to add at least a 10% premium for smaller jobs, and wouldn't be surprised to see rates with an additional 30%.  Mulching takes a big, robust machine, and most folks don't pay a mulcher to show up to clear something their 40 HP tractor will handle.  They hire them to do overgrown junk with unknown debris in it, often in areas that are difficult to traverse.
View Quote

Cheap prices.

I won’t load up my mulcher for less than $150 an hour.

Costs $90 an hour to run give or take.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:
Cheap prices.

View Quote

No doubt.  Like I said, I'm hiring on a commercial scale with anything from a 2 - 6 man crew, so depending on the contract, I may also be paying $X/hr. for a UTV, $Y/hr. for 3 laborers, etc.  The prices I gave were only the machine, mulcher, operator and the truck/trailer to get them to the job.  And with me not being onsite the whole time they are working, no doubt some of my "cheap" rate is being paid while the machine is not running.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Cheap prices.

View Quote

That's what they run here also.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]

First picture is the old kubota b7500 and the new b2301.
Second picture is the start of a pond.
Dan
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Picked up a nice used 7’ rear blade recently.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Power line company came and cut back the right away. So instead of wasting the wood which is white oak and pin oak.

About 15000-18000lbs of wood. The white oak I’m going to try to rough cut some beams with. My father got me an Alaskan 2 mill for my 661 to try out last Christmas.

If it doesn’t work out… still firewood.

The TN60A had a grapple bucket on it. He regretted not using the excavator.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Worked on that huge White Oak tree that fell down last Aug some more.  This was the largest tree on my property.  

The pics don't really show how big this tree is, but let's try:

This is where it broke off, about 20' up in the air:

Another look:

And I'm using the tractor with it's grapple to star taking it apart.  Chainsaw is my MS-362CM with 25" Stihl bar:

You can see how compromised the tree was and has been for years:

Having a tractor with grapple makes cutting up large trees so easy:

Got it all but the main trunk; I'll get that tomorrow or the next day:

A big pile of brush:

And a big pile of Oak logs - some of which will go the sawyer for milling:

Thanks for looking!

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brahm] [#17]

Looks like a 57 Ford 540 Jubilee. There’s I think four bolts on the bottom of the fuel tank to pull the pitcock.
View All Quotes

i had nothing but bad luck with modern replacement petcocks for my ford tank. seems the packing in the valve leaks after very little use. so i rednecked in a workaround. not my design, but this a pic from my tractor.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By greco:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30391/4005DF40-E915-4734-80A8-BD408A3D5E45_jpe-2112655.JPG

I’m getting ready to put my woods RD60 on to the back of my 1955 Ford 640 and cut my 3 acres.

Front view

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30391/35074951-7509-4AC5-9F0D-02C99A38BE81_jpe-2112587.JPG
View Quote

My dad has a 1953 Ford Jubilee (50 year anniversary) with a loader and backhoe and my brother has a 1954 NAA. They both look similar to yours. I'll have to post a pic sometime.

They are good tractors, but the limited gearing (4sp) really hurts their usefulness.

Ford must have made a few updates between '54 and '55 if they call their '55 by a different model (NAA vs. 640). I wonder what those updates are.

@greco
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Well, a Jubilee is a '53 and we have one on the farm. It looks similar to yours, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FZJ80:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434728/582CD2D9-9C35-4E5E-9F0A-FE3641257ED9_jpe-2131951.JPG

Picked up a nice used 7’ rear blade recently.
View Quote

My dad bought a JD 850 brand new in 1980. We still have it on the farm and it's in very good shape (everything stays under cover). He recently bought an '85 850 with power steering, 4x4, live power, and a loader, but it's not in as good of shape as his '80. Most of the lights were broken and there are a few dents here and there, but overall it's OK. He bought it from a local dealer that had put in a new clutch, new brakes, and four new tires (rears loaded with washer fluid). He loves this tractor. He always dreamed of a 1050 like yours, however.

These tractors have stood the test of time, it would be so nice if they had reversers on them (especially in conjunction with loaders).
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven’t done anything yet as I’m awaiting my b4601. But was wondering if anyone is using the bolt on forks. Apparently the tractor is only rated for 800 pounds with forks so I won’t be lifting a lot anyway.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#22]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
I haven't done anything yet as I'm awaiting my b4601. But was wondering if anyone is using the bolt on forks. Apparently the tractor is only rated for 800 pounds with forks so I won't be lifting a lot anyway.
View Quote

Short version:

Advantages:

- Cheap and easy; usually $150-$200 or so.
- Only real option with a pin-on bucket

Disadvantages:
- Can bend the bucket lip if not careful and/or supported properly
- Lower lift capacity since you're still lifting the bucket and the forks plus the forks are further out, increasing leverage.

Best option is to buy a dedicated FEL pallet fork; but this requires a) a SSQA and b) $$$.

Example:  https://www.everythingattachments.com/Small-Compact-Tractor-pallet-Forks-p/eta-scpf-42.htm
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I do have the quick bucket. Pretty much same price from Kubota.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven’t done anything yet as I’m awaiting my b4601. But was wondering if anyone is using the bolt on forks. Apparently the tractor is only rated for 800 pounds with forks so I won’t be lifting a lot anyway.
View Quote

Love mine on a JD 1023e.  It can't lift enough to justify swapping between bucket and forks.  

I should add I use the bucket 10 times for every 1 I use the forks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

My dad bought a JD 850 brand new in 1980. We still have it on the farm and it's in very good shape (everything stays under cover). He recently bought an '85 850 with power steering, 4x4, live power, and a loader, but it's not in as good of shape as his '80. Most of the lights were broken and there are a few dents here and there, but overall it's OK. He bought it from a local dealer that had put in a new clutch, new brakes, and four new tires (rears loaded with washer fluid). He loves this tractor. He always dreamed of a 1050 like yours, however.

These tractors have stood the test of time, it would be so nice if they had reversers on them (especially in conjunction with loaders).
View Quote

They are great tractors if you don't need a lot of creature comforts.  I'd really like to get a 1250 or 1450.  My 750 has been great as well.  The 1050 was a one owner with 246 original hours, not bad for a 1983.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I do have the quick bucket. Pretty much same price from Kubota.
View Quote
You can get them cheaper than EA but they'll still cost $400-$450 or so.

ETA:  Cancel that:  I'm not seeing anything on CL around here for less than $500.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
With the help of a few of you guys I figured out what I own and got my old tractor running. Made a deal with a fella today and ended up with a small finish mower. Needs some fixing but not in bad shape

Idk why my phone uploads sideways
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Cheap prices.

View Quote

Wow, guess I got a good deal then! Neighbor charged me $75/hr, $600 minimum to do mine but I had already cleared the trees (uprooted), I just wanted him to run through and chew up any remaining roots.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#29]
It took about 60 hours on the Kubota to get to this point…. Proud father of a newly graded side lawn.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SigOwner_P229:
Wow, guess I got a good deal then! Neighbor charged me $75/hr, $600 minimum to do mine but I had already cleared the trees (uprooted), I just wanted him to run through and chew up any remaining roots.
View Quote

In 2021 money, $75/hr. is a fair deal for skidsteer bucket work.  $75/hr. is a steal for mulching.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Cheap prices.

Yeah that’s a steal.  Just the cost of teeth or knives wear alone, cost of fuel, moving the machine,  wear and tear on the machine. Etc. is $90.

So he must of given you the neighbor pricing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By brahm:

i had nothing but bad luck with modern replacement petcocks for my ford tank. seems the packing in the valve leaks after very little use. so i rednecked in a workaround. not my design, but this a pic from my tractor.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346906/20151004_163039-2137928.jpg
View Quote

I have seen that modification before.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Rainy day.

These have been fermenting since… august?

Used the 6410 this time. Much more comfortable than the TN60a.

Gonna feed the first one out probably in a day or two.

Between the ribs I’m smoking and the one bale that ripped open on transport, the farm smelled like BBQ brewery.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Southrnshooter] [#34]
Getting ready to plant rye.  My dad.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I painted up and mounted a ammo can for a tool box on my little GC1705Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#36]

some heavy hauling today!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DirtyDirk:
https://i.postimg.cc/d3ZT27qS/20211031-092139.jpg

View Quote

nice

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Nice buck!
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That looks just like the deer I’d like to shoot!

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Sometimes you just have to work with what you haveAttachment Attached File

I really need to build a ballast rig
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mc556:
Sometimes you just have to work with what you havehttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/87899/37A4299B-48F2-4680-A763-A21C535DEAA0_jpe-2153584.JPG

View Quote
Saw a thread over on OTT about 3ph ballast weights.  Guy (newbie) wanted to lift heavy weights with his FEL and wanted to know if he needed a heavy ballast weight on his 3ph.  All the answers were a resounding "YES!".

There was one outlier though:

"No!.  Lifting heavy weights with the FEL with unloaded tires and no 3ph ballast weight will work perfectly fine!"

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Huntsville Hospital ER & Morgue
Madison Memory Gardens and Funeral Home"
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I'm not sure if Jubilees have the same filters as an 8N but an 8N has a screen on the fuel inlet/cutoff that's in the tank, another directly above the glass sediment bowl and another on the brass elbow that screws into the carburetor.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            You can check the screen above the sediment bowl and the brass elbow with the gas shut off... there will be a couple of oz of gas in the line so have a can ready to catch it and no smoking. While the fuel line is unscrewed from the brass elbow you can hold the line over a funnel and 5 gallon gas can and open the shutoff to see if it is stopped up in the tank and if so to drain the tank so the shutoff assembly can be unscrewed from the tank... the 8N has a fuel reserve feature where if the shutoff is opened 2-3 turns( which should be enough ) but then the tractor runs out of gas... open the valve all the way and you have another gallon or so.

The Golden Jubilee was 1953. Lots of good advice on Yesterdays Tractors forums. If you are having starting problems it might be wise to spend some time on the forums to learn how to check if you have a good enough spark and how to check and set the points. Lots of troubleshooting help there and a friendly bunch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I used the tractor hood, to hold my tools, nuts from the snow blower recoil.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#44]
My new LX2610 got delivered today….

I’m still waiting on the brush hog, third function valve kit, Bluetooth radio and rear works lights…
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mic214:
My new LX2610 got delivered today.

https://i.postimg.cc/zvDdGxJt/EF57-D63-E-AB69-4971-ACE5-C782-DA89566-F.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9zn75wL/BB1-E7824-E505-4-F41-835-A-4-C91-E8-A63679.jpg

I'm still waiting on the brush hog, third function valve kit, Bluetooth radio and rear works lights
View Quote
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Saw a thread over on OTT about 3ph ballast weights.  Guy (newbie) wanted to lift heavy weights with his FEL and wanted to know if he needed a heavy ballast weight on his 3ph.  All the answers were a resounding "YES!".

"No!.  Lifting heavy weights with the FEL with unloaded tires and no 3ph ballast weight will work perfectly fine!"

I hope this helps!

Regards,

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By mc556:
Sometimes you just have to work with what you havehttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/87899/37A4299B-48F2-4680-A763-A21C535DEAA0_jpe-2153584.JPG

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Normally I throw my box blade on with some weights I made.
All of that was on the other side of the property near my food plots and I didn’t want to drive my tractor down.
Our Rut is about to start so had to make due with what’s near the house.
That old blade is beat up. I think I am going to weld on some attachment points for steel weights
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#47]

I’m still waiting on the brush hog, third function valve kit, Bluetooth radio and rear works lights…
View Quote

Good gawd man, throw some mud on it or beat the bucket with a hammer for a while, something!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#48]

View Quote

Nice!

You'll love it. I have its precursor, the B2650. Almost the same tractor. I don't have a cab though.

I can't quite tell for sure, did you get R14 tires?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I was finally able to find a Ford tractor that wasn't crazy expensive on FB marketplace. It needs a bit of work but it runs and I got a 6 ft box blade and bush hog to go with it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

Good gawd man, throw some mud on it or beat the bucket with a hammer for a while, something!

Congrats!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

Congrats!

Ha ha ha…..it does have that “New Tractor” smell!

Originally Posted By PA452:

Nice!

You'll love it. I have its precursor, the B2650. Almost the same tractor. I don't have a cab though.

I can't quite tell for sure, did you get R14 tires?

Thanks!

Yep, those are R14’s on there….
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top