Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 104
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not, evidently know how to post a pic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 02Tbird:
I do not, evidently know how to post a pic.
View Quote

Here you go:

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 4:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 02Tbird] [#3]
Hey thanks PA
I was NOT wearing the mask for covid. I get allergies bad when I mow.
I just got that Tractor in Aug.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks PA
View Quote

Looks brand new?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Did a little brush hogging. Never mind the storm damage to the hood.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Got rid of a planter area in the middle of the yard that I was tired of weeding and mowing around.  I had hit it a couple of times with Roundup to kill off the stuff that was left in there, and then popped the roots and stuff out with the forks.  This rock was in the middle, it was about all the tractor could do to lift it that high to relocate it.  The ballast box was definitely needed.

Also dug a hole out in the weeds to bury the leftover ash and un-burnable stuff from the burn bins.  There was 3 cages from the big plastic spray chemical totes here when I moved in.  About 2 1/4 were full of leftover stuff that the former owners had burned.  The hardest part of digging the hole was getting through the sod.  Once I had the roots and grass peeled off, the rest of the digging was pretty easy.  It's about 5 or 6 feet deep at the end, I had to keep making the ramp portion longer so I could back out without slipping once I got to the clay layer.  I was able to lift the cages up with the forks and then scoop all of the stuff up with the loader and get it packed down into the hole with room to spare.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SDeadeye:
Got rid of a planter area in the middle of the yard that I was tired of weeding and mowing around.  I had hit it a couple of times with Roundup to kill off the stuff that was left in there, and then popped the roots and stuff out with the forks.  This rock was in the middle, it was about all the tractor could do to lift it that high to relocate it.  The ballast box was definitely needed.

https://i.imgur.com/hjUDGmth.jpg

Also dug a hole out in the weeds to bury the leftover ash and un-burnable stuff from the burn bins.  There was 3 cages from the big plastic spray chemical totes here when I moved in.  About 2 1/4 were full of leftover stuff that the former owners had burned.  The hardest part of digging the hole was getting through the sod.  Once I had the roots and grass peeled off, the rest of the digging was pretty easy.  It's about 5 or 6 feet deep at the end, I had to keep making the ramp portion longer so I could back out without slipping once I got to the clay layer.  I was able to lift the cages up with the forks and then scoop all of the stuff up with the loader and get it packed down into the hole with room to spare.

https://i.imgur.com/i1HqZSfh.jpg
View Quote

Last pic is 1/2 way to a decent range backstop!
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#8]
Hey thanks PA
View Quote

Brand new tractor:  Do your self a favor and get underneath it and remove and Blue Loctite every bolt on the FEL subframe.

Good looking tractor!

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

Last pic is 1/2 way to a decent range backstop!
View Quote

Thankfully I have a nice range a little over a mile up the road where I can shoot trap, skeet and rifle/pistol out to 200 yards.  I do have a backstop in my yard made out of some massive cottonwood logs that works pretty well.  My neighbors are 1/2, 3/4 and 1 mile away in 3 different directions though so I tend to limit my shooting in the yard to shotguns and rimfires with some occasional suppressed .300 BLK.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#10]
New tractor!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Like.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Nice !!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Good looking tractor!  What model is it?  Did you get it mostly for running the rotary cutter?

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:31:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#15]
Originally Posted By BPR:

Good looking tractor!  What model is it?  Did you get it mostly for running the rotary cutter?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

LA765 + TD = L4701:

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/0/8/8088-kubota-l4701-attachments.html

Very nice looking tractor!  Big heavy duty rotary cutter as well.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexRdnec] [#16]
Going tomorrow to pick up my new one

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Trying to learn how to box blade today. Don't wanna add a rear remote to my 1025r, but I can see the benefit of a hydraulic toplink
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By crawej21:
Trying to learn how to box blade today. Don't wanna add a rear remote to my 1025r, but I can see the benefit of a hydraulic toplink
View Quote

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/122762-beginners-guide-using-box-blade.html?highlight=blade
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
The secret is to blade a gravel drive after a good rain.  It will setup like concrete when it dries.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StealthM8:
The secret is to blade a gravel drive after a good rain.  It will setup like concrete when it dries.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/20200924_061854_jpg-1604794.JPG
View Quote

Trying to fix the grade around a pond, somehow its gotten high spots about 2 feet from the water.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#22]

New range?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I had never had hydraulic links before, on my new tractor I had the dealer install hydraulic top and tilt
Don’t know how I ever lived without it!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#24]

New road cut.  

Judging by the bucket. I’m guessing like a 490?

A 490LCi would make that job easy or boring.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 402joel:

I had never had hydraulic links before, on my new tractor I had the dealer install hydraulic top and tilt
Don't know how I ever lived without it!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 402joel:

Don't know how I ever lived without it!

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

New road cut.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

New road cut.  

I wish it would have been a Komatsu, it was a old piece of shit Kobelco the company had laying around, about the size of a Komatsu 600..I had 35 trucks and the dump site was 20 mins away. 4 buckets a truck..yea, it was a boring day
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Well crap!.  Got 3/4 done with a bushhogging job last Saturday when my tractor started getting a little hot, not all that unusual.  Pulled off onto a nice piece of shade and went to the open the hood.  I noticed coolant leaking out near the exhaust.  Crap!

Fortunately, I was pretty close to a water pipe hydrant, so go it there and started cooling down the radiator (plus it was plugged with all the seeds and debris).  Trailered it home and found a small split in the lower radiator hose.  Found the Kubota part  number and immediately ordered one (both top and bottom) off of Amazon.

This morning, I called every Kubota dealer within 45 miles, no can do.  The closest location is Ashville, AL, about 90 miles away.    If they order it, it's a week or more.  also:

I think I'm just gonna make a temp repair with RTV and duck tape so I can use it this afternoon to spread some new rock on my gravel road.

Fifteen years out of a lower radiator hose.  Is that about the right life span?  The part that split was about an inch or so from the exhaust pipe.  When I install the new hose, I plan to protect against the heat.

Pics later.
View Quote

If you have a good auto parts store take the old hose there and find one that is a close match. I have had to do this numerous times for older shit and quick repairs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

More range work today. Digging out the handgun pit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By carbine_red:

If you have a good auto parts store take the old hose there and find one that is a close match. I have had to do this numerous times for older shit and quick repairs.
View All Quotes
Well crap!.  Got 3/4 done with a bushhogging job last Saturday when my tractor started getting a little hot, not all that unusual.  Pulled off onto a nice piece of shade and went to the open the hood.  I noticed coolant leaking out near the exhaust.  Crap!

Fortunately, I was pretty close to a water pipe hydrant, so go it there and started cooling down the radiator (plus it was plugged with all the seeds and debris).  Trailered it home and found a small split in the lower radiator hose.  Found the Kubota part  number and immediately ordered one (both top and bottom) off of Amazon.

This morning, I called every Kubota dealer within 45 miles, no can do.  The closest location is Ashville, AL, about 90 miles away.    If they order it, it's a week or more.  also:

I think I'm just gonna make a temp repair with RTV and duck tape so I can use it this afternoon to spread some new rock on my gravel road.

Fifteen years out of a lower radiator hose.  Is that about the right life span?  The part that split was about an inch or so from the exhaust pipe.  When I install the new hose, I plan to protect against the heat.

Pics later.

As mentioned, I tried that.  What looked good in the store wasn't even close in reality.  I duck-taped the lower hose with some RTV and used the tractor doing easy jobs before the new upper and lower radiator hoses came in.

And then less than a week later, the hydraulic suction hose developed a leak.  Lost all forward, reverse and power steering.    New hydraulic suction hose came in today.  Hopefully I'll have it running tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#30]

As mentioned, I tried that.  What looked good in the store wasn't even close in reality.  I duck-taped the lower hose with some RTV and used the tractor doing easy jobs before the new upper and lower radiator hoses came in.

And then less than a week later, the hydraulic suction hose developed a leak.  Lost all forward, reverse and power steering.    New hydraulic suction hose came in today.  Hopefully I'll have it running tomorrow.  
View All Quotes

Pics later.

Classic when it rains it pours.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep.  

For those that have owned tractors for more than a couple decades:  How long do rubber radiator and hydraulic hoses usually last?  My L4330 is right at 15 years old and as far as I know, none of the hoses have been replaced; except for the three I've replaced.  Is 15 years normal, long or short?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexRdnec] [#32]
Took the backhoe on its inaugural run to dig a 6’ deep burn pit for a friend cleaning up 49 acres they just bought

Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#33]

And then I got rid of this asshole...
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep.  

For those that have owned tractors for more than a couple decades:  How long do rubber radiator and hydraulic hoses usually last?  My L4330 is right at 15 years old and as far as I know, none of the hoses have been replaced; except for the three I've replaced.  Is 15 years normal, long or short?

Thanks,

View Quote

Depends I had an 83 that still had one original hose when I traded it this year. Now I had one tractor that didn't last two years. Just depends on the quality of the rubber. I've had fuel hose's on JD's that didn't last six years.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep.  

Thanks,

View Quote

It is really hit and miss, quality hoses are getting harder and harder to come buy.
Take a day in the winter and make a project of changing all the rubber (belts and hoses) on the motor. It does not cost much compared to the frustration it can save. Every ten years is a good time frame.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By deerranger:

It is really hit and miss, quality hoses are getting harder and harder to come buy.
Take a day in the winter and make a project of changing all the rubber (belts and hoses) on the motor. It does not cost much compared to the frustration it can save. Every ten years is a good time frame.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deerranger:
Yep.  

Thanks,

I forgot to get a belt, damnit!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#37]
New exhaust manifold to replace the rusted out and many times repaired original on the ‘47 Farmall BN I posted earlier. Progress has been slow with the new house purchase.

Attachment Attached File

Also...taking delivery of this little guy on 15 OCT...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#38]
More mowing today. I have about 40 acres total to cut, but the largest field is about 6 acres- with so many little fields it takes a while.  Total of about 16 fields.  Good thing I enjoy running a tractor.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#39]
More mowing today. I have about 40 acres total to cut, but the largest field is about 6 acres- with so many little fields it takes a while.  Total of about 16 fields.  Good thing I enjoy running a tractor.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44835/265EC4A0-60BB-4226-9882-873303549D83_jpe-1618860.JPG
View Quote

I don't know how difficult it is to take your FEL off, but for that much mowing, especially with a bunch of small fields, you oughta think about doing so.  I'm fortunate that I can have mine off in a minute or two.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:

I don't know how difficult it is to take your FEL off, but for that much mowing, especially with a bunch of small fields, you oughta think about doing so.  I'm fortunate that I can have mine off in a minute or two.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44835/265EC4A0-60BB-4226-9882-873303549D83_jpe-1618860.JPG

I never take mine off to mow because never fails I find something to push out of the field. I need to get my skidsteer grapple fixed where I can run it with the little cabbed tractor. It’s got the floating loader that doesn’t bounce terribly bad.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Like Sparky mentioned- I use the bucket to push limbs or trees that have fallen since the last time I mowed back into the edge of the woods.  I've only had this place about a year, and I'm not convinced there aren't some holes out there I haven't found yet.  I like having the bucket on and low in case any hole sneaks up on me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:32:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckshot4U] [#42]
Like Sparky mentioned- I use the bucket to push limbs or trees that have fallen since the last time I mowed back into the edge of the woods.  I've only had this place about a year, and I'm not convinced there aren't some holes out there I haven't found yet.  I like having the bucket on and low in case any hole sneaks up on me.
View Quote

You and Sparky make good points.  Luckily, everything on my place has been brushhogged so many times, that there *shouldn't* be any surprise holes, but my method does cause me to drive around downed limbs and make a second trip to clean them up from time to time.  Normally for me, if the downed limb is big enough that I don't just brushhog over it, it's probably firewood sized and will require me to make another trip with the chainsaw (not all of us have a set up like Merlin!) anyhow.  My loader also sticks out a pretty good ways, so a lot of the HF&G guys with the more compact machines are probably affected by it less then me as well.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]

You and Sparky make good points.  Luckily, everything on my place has been brushhogged so many times, that there *shouldn't* be any surprise holes, but my method does cause me to drive around downed limbs and make a second trip to clean them up from time to time.  Normally for me, if the downed limb is big enough that I don't just brushhog over it, it's probably firewood sized and will require me to make another trip with the chainsaw (not all of us have a set up like Merlin!) anyhow.  My loader also sticks out a pretty good ways, so a lot of the HF&G guys with the more compact machines are probably affected by it less then me as well.

View All Quotes

Wait, wut?  What did I do now?  I'm innocent, I wasn't even there!

Wait: what am I being accused of here?  

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I think being prepared with a chainsaw mount. But i have been known to be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I think being prepared with a chainsaw mount. But i have been known to be wrong.
View All Quotes

You is.  I gots two of them!  One for the MS-362CM and one for the MS-180.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckshot4U] [#46]

View Quote

You are correct.

Pic thread: me and my foreman picking up sticks from the yard:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Didnt really do anything with the tractors, but I did go dozer shopping today.

Attachment Attached File

Might drag a new 650K home. Not sure about it though, probably better off going used.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Well shit.

Busted the damn HST fan on my BX with 45 hrs on it.

Skid plate comes in tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
It's the day for misbehaving tractors.

My L3800 suddenly developed an electrical gremlin.

Zero issues yesterday, today, one half crank then near zero electrical.

Battery, fuses and ground are fine, no obvious chewed wires.  

Given that even the hazard lights fail with only a slight buzz rules out safety switches.

Will start tracing tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GMZ:
Well shit.

Busted the damn HST fan on my BX with 45 hrs on it.

Skid plate comes in tomorrow
View Quote

What were you doing when that happened?
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top