BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kaw_liga:
https://i.postimg.cc/Gh8vZw03/E7_C92_C59-754_D-4_DD9-9_F19-0_DBCD9_F31_B2_D.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. I’m going to add some more secure fastenening before I go up. Hopefully this won’t be my last post!
View Quote
OSHA called, they want to have a chat with your foreman...

seriously though, that setup could lead to a fall which could ruin a couple of months of your life *and* leave you with a forever problem.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

seriously though, that setup could lead to a fall which could ruin a couple of months of your life *and* leave you with a forever problem.

ar-jedi
View Quote
A far safer way IMO:

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:59:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckshot4U] [#3]
Thanks for the pic help guys.  Great gramps '48 M:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
i hit the LIKE button twice.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

ar-jedi
A far safer way IMO:

https://i.imgur.com/Qspknmb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yAMq4PD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x69In19.jpg
Totes are handy.

If anyone needs them and is in North Eastern Ohio, PM me. I literally have hundreds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Totes are handy.

If anyone needs them and is in North Eastern Ohio, PM me. I literally have hundreds.
View Quote
Wish you were in MO.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 85_Ranger4x4] [#7]

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Hauled both wagons to town.  70bu in one, 153 in the other.  Formal request filed to not fill wagons quite to 153 again.  I made it and surprisingly I didn't lack power, one hill had a little bit of a pucker factor. The county had freshly graded it and I only had one track, the right tire was JUST trying to slip.  70bu wagon I ran in 4th at 13mph according to my phone, knowing the other one had a lot more on it I ran in third gear at 6mph.

Topped off the tank for winter while I was in town.

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 85_Ranger4x4:
Hauled both wagons to town.  70bu in one, 153 in the other.  Formal request filed to not fill wagons quite to 153 again.  I made it and surprisingly I didn't lack power, one hill had a little bit of a pucker factor. The county had freshly graded it and I only had one track, the right tire was JUST trying to slip.  70bu wagon I ran in 4th at 13mph according to my phone, knowing the other one had a lot more on it I ran in third gear at 6mph.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4891/45674634071_83e95ac2e9_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1927/44949886614_fac2dbdab6_c.jpg

Topped off the tank for winter while I was in town.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1944/45674651821_ca0d4fd5e2_c.jpg
View Quote
WD45 still hard at work!  Love it!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#10]
We got all the beans cut, and corn picked a week ago. Manure has been injected, we hire a crew that uses drag hoses that run from our manure pits out to a knife injector that applies it to the fields.

Their rig looks like this:

Rye has been applied for cover crops, and now we've been working on tillage. Using the 9620t and 34ft Case 330 Turbo to break up/mix in residue, smooth out knife marks from manure, and incorporate our rye.

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
It's so wet here, I just buried my 2305 in my yard.

And I live on a hill / cliff...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
That's not a bug, it's a feature.  You got a Cat D8.  Time to play!  
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

D6 but yeah.

It's stupid wet here.  I was just trying to carry firewood in.  Ended up using a wheel  barrow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#14]

Some (more) of my construction equipment. Cleaning the cow barn and cutting firewood.  Had to pull my 262c out (the one with the mulching head) to get my little 317 skid out.

Had the 50ZTS out because my pile of logs (10-12ft lengths) is not far away.  After I'm done cleaning the cow barn I'll be bucking some firewood.  Probably cut up 3-4 cords depending on how bored I am.  When it's waist high or better being held by the excavator it's very easy.  And I have a huge pile of timbers.

Edit

Poopathon!

Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Totes are handy.

View Quote
I could use a couple but shipping costs would kill me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
View All Quotes

Totes are handy.

Yeah I don't even want to speculate what LTL freight to HI is.

Practiced for @safe1 next weekend.

Bit more difficult than I thought running solo.  Gotta get used to it since my parents moved. But got about 2 cords bucked up at the end.  I already have over 2 cords split into totes.  And about 6 or so cords stacked right now.  So moving at a pretty good clip.  I'll split it all before I buck more up.  Barely dented my log pile.  I would like to get the pile bucked this winter and off the ground.

Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Bit more difficult than I thought running solo.  Gotta get used to it since my parents moved. But got about 2 cords bucked up at the end.  I already have over 2 cords split into totes.  And about 6 or so cords stacked right now.  So moving at a pretty good clip.  I'll split it all before I buck more up.  Barely dented my log pile.  I would like to get the pile bucked this winter and off the ground.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20181104_160833-727906.jpg
View Quote
Note to self: add a mini trackhoe with a thumb to the Christmas list  Do you have a hinged door or anything on the crates to get the wood out? I may be able to get a tote from work, I like that idea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By flathead977:
Note to self: add a mini trackhoe with a thumb to the Christmas list  Do you have a hinged door or anything on the crates to get the wood out? I may be able to get a tote from work, I like that idea.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flathead977:

Nope.  I get what I can off the top manually.  Then flip them over with a machine.

Eventually I'd like to cut the front off and weld a door on somehow. But I'm lazy. They're disposable to me. So I just beat them. When the cage falls off, I crush and scrap them.

Makes hauling it around the farm easy.   Also to my sister's house and my house easy.  I can put a single tote in the back of my f250.  Or 2 totes on my F350 flat bed.

Or about 14 on my gooseneck equipment trailer if I ever needed to.  I haven't built a house at the farm yet.  Trying to buy another 112 to 300 acres before I build.  So I unload the totes at my house with my little 2305 yard tractor.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20181104_120142-727581.jpg

Some (more) of my construction equipment. Cleaning the cow barn and cutting firewood.  Had to pull my 262c out (the one with the mulching head) to get my little 317 skid out.

Had the 50ZTS out because my pile of logs (10-12ft lengths) is not far away.  After I'm done cleaning the cow barn I'll be bucking some firewood.  Probably cut up 3-4 cords depending on how bored I am.  When it's waist high or better being held by the excavator it's very easy.  And I have a huge pile of timbers.

Edit

Poopathon!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20181104_124503-727618.jpg
View Quote
I want that!  I've got fields that need a good layer of poo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
No offense, but I cringe every time I see a good chainsaw on the ground with heavy equipment around.

That's why I'm pretty careful about returning mine to their boot when I'm chainsawing or to my refueling/reoiling station if I'm bucking up near my pole barn.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#21]
No offense, but I cringe every time I see a good chainsaw on the ground with heavy equipment around.

That's why I'm pretty careful about returning mine to their boot when I'm chainsawing or to my refueling/reoiling station if I'm bucking up near my pole barn.
View All Quotes

I've never run one over or damaged one yet. So far, so good.

But really I was only turning 90 degrees with the excavator. Grabbing logs from the pile, turning, hoping off and sawing.  Rinse, repeat.  Once I started to bump into bucked logs I threw them in the totes.

Edit

Chainsaw was also left there specific for the picture.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#22]

But really I was only turning 90 degrees with the excavator. Grabbing logs from the pile, turning, hoping off and sawing.  Rinse, repeat.  Once I started to bump into bucked logs I threw them in the totes.

Edit

View Quote
Just curious, what saws are you running?

Also sounds like you're getting those totes for free? Do you get the tanks too?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#23]
Originally Posted By PA452:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA452:

Edit

In that picture I have a MS361CQ with a 25in bar and a MS310 with a 20in bar.

I also have: MS661 with 25 and 36in bar. MS290 with a 20in bar. (2 actually) a 211 with a 16in bar and a 170 with I think a 14. It rides around on an ATV.

Yes. I get the totes and takes for free.  We demo saw the tanks out, cut them up and load them out to C&D. I literally probably have 150 right now ready to be cut up and scrapped. Maybe more of good ones to be cleaned and refilled.

Edit

The 361 is probably my favorite over all saw to run. The 310 works extemely well for it's age.  The 661 is just a monster. Even with the 25in bar, I can only justify it's weight in hard oak or such.  Otherwise is leave it to stumping duty.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Was back in Iowa last week, had a day where I wasn't up to much and dad's tenant needed a bit of help as he had all of his guys out doing other work.

Was just opening up the field, and since the neighbor got stuck the night before, we took it easy making sure not to find any soft spots.

And yes, orange tractors are the best tractors!

Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 85_Ranger4x4] [#25]
Originally Posted By jasoncar40:
Was back in Iowa last week, had a day where I wasn't up to much and dad's tenant needed a bit of help as he had all of his guys out doing other work.

Was just opening up the field, and since the neighbor got stuck the night before, we took it easy making sure not to find any soft spots.

And yes, orange tractors are the best tractors!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91056/58BC6B42-24DF-462A-9754-7B6634971B84-730030.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91056/672D97D6-41C7-4F70-A89D-4635F0F7F601-730031.jpg
View Quote
Dang that thing is clean.

If you note my pic at the elevator there is a 7010 pulling in behind mine, it got me wondering when the last time two A-C's landed at the elevator at the same time.  They are pretty scarce around my area, especially that later series.

Back in the day mine was whooped up with aluminum M&W pistons, my grandfather farmed with his brother and my WD-45 had a lot more power than my uncles.  So it went under the cornpicker (and received aftermarket power steering) and my great uncle's '45 hauled in to their corn cribs.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
That's what I was thinking.  Good looking AC.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#27]

If you note my pic at the elevator there is a 7010 pulling in behind mine, it got me wondering when the last time two A-C's landed at the elevator at the same time.  They are pretty scarce around my area, especially that later series.

Back in the day mine was whooped up with aluminum M&W pistons, my grandfather farmed with his brother and my WD-45 had a lot more power than my uncles.  So it went under the cornpicker (and received aftermarket power steering) and my great uncle's '45 hauled in to their corn cribs.
View Quote
I saw all the black smoke and noticed it right away for sure!

AC's are what we farmed with (my dad and uncle) and the tenant too.

Even though dad retired, the 8010 mfwa is sitting in the shed yet, and the 180 diesel has a loader for pushing snow.

Hopefully at thanksgiving, I'll run (and try to remember pics) of the tenant's 8070 mfwa powershift with a chisel plow. I love the 8000 series cabs vs the 7000.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#28]
It FINALLY came!!  Brand new B2650!  Unfortunately my new snowblower and rear hydraulics are on about a 3 month back order, but I can run my old blower until then.  Here she is:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And because AR’s and America:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#29]
Nice.

I've been debating between a B2601 or a B2650. I'll probably end up with the 2601 though due to size.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#30]

I saw all the black smoke and noticed it right away for sure!

AC's are what we farmed with (my dad and uncle) and the tenant too.

Even though dad retired, the 8010 mfwa is sitting in the shed yet, and the 180 diesel has a loader for pushing snow.

Hopefully at thanksgiving, I'll run (and try to remember pics) of the tenant's 8070 mfwa powershift with a chisel plow. I love the 8000 series cabs vs the 7000.
View Quote
I have never been around them that new, one in awhile we get a 185 or 190 in.  The 7000 series cabs do look really tiny though.

Grandpa got up to a D-19, he sold it when he sold out in the 80's.  The '45's saving grace was a poorly executed headgasket job which caused spun main bearings... it was sitting in a fencerow and not really worth anything at the time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#31]
After about 2.5 years of research and saving beer monies I put a deposit down on a MX-9900 chipper with an early December delivery date
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#32]

It's really cold.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: loon_138] [#33]
Had to take down a few dying/dead spruce alongside my woodshed, which is just behind the house.  Needed to tug a bit, just to make sure they went the right way!

My bobcat just started to give me some guff, so I just dragged these trees down the driveway and will need to cut up and haul branches later. On that note, does anyone know if I can bypass a fuel shutoff valve on an old Wisconsin vh4d engine or a decent replacement? Looks like this:

And, please disregard the green tape, I was trouble shooting the electric last night, and couldn't seem to find any electrical tape I think my kids have run off with it all!

the wires right under that tape were just about frayed off of the shutoff, and seem to be closing the valve, which i assume is defaulted to closed when not powered up.  it will start, then the battery meter drops from 14 or so volts to nothing, and it dies.  any suggestions?  the joys of working on an old machine!! (early 80's bobcat 630)
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Purty, but dat cab doe!  
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#35]
With my bobcat out of commission until the part comes Tuesday, had to switch to my backup rig for feeding cows and plowing the driveway

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#36]
After being gone for a long time, nothing better to unwind than a little field maintenance with a co-pilot.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Co-pilot was also very excited about the tractor having a beard.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:08:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By loon_138:
With my bobcat out of commission until the part comes Tuesday, had to switch to my backup rig for feeding cows and plowing the driveway

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66713/IMG_20181113_123246327-742406.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66713/IMG_20181113_130151373-742407.jpg
View Quote
What's that white stuff?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]

What's that white stuff?
View Quote
Tourist repellent.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanksgiving prep.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#40]
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#41]

What's that white stuff?
View Quote
Not sure. If it was at least December, I'd recognize it as snow, but it's been here since the beginning of the month, so I'm not really sure!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's the new ride. Got a new 6ft cutter, bionic blade and tiller to go with her.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#43]

I have never been around them that new, one in awhile we get a 185 or 190 in.  The 7000 series cabs do look really tiny though.

Grandpa got up to a D-19, he sold it when he sold out in the 80's.  The '45's saving grace was a poorly executed headgasket job which caused spun main bearings... it was sitting in a fencerow and not really worth anything at the time.
View Quote
Well, we've got some of the smaller ones too. Largest one here is the D-17 my grandfather bought new.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I've reported your post.  IMO there should be a ban on pics clearly showing unsafe conditions.

That load is WAAAAAAYYY overloading that 1065 FEL!

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#45]

I've reported your post.  IMO there should be a ban on pics clearly showing unsafe conditions.

That load is WAAAAAAYYY overloading that 1065 FEL!

View Quote
Shoot, we did broad breasted two years ago, couldn’t fit those damn things in the oven.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By loon_138:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66713/IMG_20181113_123246327-742406.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66713/IMG_20181113_130151373-742407.jpg
View Quote
I picked up a gas powered 135 this summer and this gives me a little better idea of what it's capable of.  My only experience was with an 8N, 9n, and a Ford 600 and the 135 is twice those tractors.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

Shoot, we did broad breasted two years ago, couldn't fit those damn things in the oven.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

I picked up a gas powered 135 this summer and this gives me a little better idea of what it's capable of.  My only experience was with an 8N, 9n, and a Ford 600 and the 135 is twice those tractors.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35518696_2209009735806096_6834701871827910656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=10962b79cbeb6379c9174a1b23424eb5&oe=5C7A2DCF
View Quote
If I recall, load for 3 point is almost 3000 pounds. The limiting factor is front end weight, and mine bately had enough for 1000 pound bales. I put a barrel of water on it before for weight, it helped, a loader would work better.

It is easily twice to capability of an 8n. They are the same relative size, but the 8ns capacity it far surpassed in the massey
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Henny:
Thanks for sharing!

I grew up around my grandfather's WD45. It brought back a lot of memories.

When my grandparents died, I wish I would have been in the position to buy the WD, if not the whole farm!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Henny:
Thanks for sharing!

I grew up around my grandfather's WD45. It brought back a lot of memories.

When my grandparents died, I wish I would have been in the position to buy the WD, if not the whole farm!
No problem.  I wasn't around when my '45 died.  Grandpa had the headgasket changed, the dink didn't get the oil line to the head tight and she bled to death running a sawmill.  Spun the mains and the whole bit.  Dad got it from grandpa (his FIL) in the early 90's, my first memory with it was sitting on the seat when dad pushed it into the garage.

Well, we've got some of the smaller ones too. Largest one here is the D-17 my grandfather bought new.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91056/DSC00260_JPG-745253.jpg
That is a nice collection.

We had a blizzard yesterday, all I did was take the dogs out and note the WD looks really neat.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Thought I would check out my field last night... didn't know there was mud under the snow pretty much everywhere out there.  So I had to pull the truck out by myself.
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top