Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 9:55:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife made some and i thought they were great.. She didnt like them though.. They were denser than regular brownies..

IIRC - the was no added flatulence due to the beans.. lol

Brian
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I make my own black bean sauce from preserved beans.

Makes a great asparagus & beef stir fry addition.

Never thought of putting them in brownies.

Do baked goods (with eggs & milk in them) really store well?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife made some once, but didn't use a brownie mix, it was from scratch. It was some sort of healthy brownie recipe from a magazine. They just weren't good. I think I like your idea better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who's tried them?  Going with an easy recipe this weekend.  One box of brownie mix, one can of beans.  Would be a great long term storage dessert item.

Okay that's very nearly the worst of all possible worlds.

High calories AND farts.  

J/k

Seriously I can't imagine this, but cool if it works.

The...uh...OUTCOME, though.....I think I'd stick to regular old scratch brownies––long-term storage of the normal ingredients.

Sorry, couldn't resist......been that kind of day....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife makes them all the time.  The only kind we eat.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]
It is so odd to me that the very distinctive taste (to me) of black beans does not come through in the brownies.

kitties
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top