Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I always want to like Danner, but the narrow toe box is murder on my feet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thread resurrection. I've been looking at the thorogood and carolina boots. Leaning hard to the Carolinas. I currently wear 10.5 W in red wings. How do these 2 fit compared to the redwing. No dealers around carry either of these brands.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thread resurrection. I've been looking at the thorogood and carolina boots. Leaning hard to the Carolinas. I currently wear 10.5 W in red wings. How do these 2 fit compared to the redwing. No dealers around carry either of these brands.
View Quote

I wear a 14 EE in Carolina and Thorogood, and can wear a 13 EE in Redwings, but they don't quite feel right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck danner, their boots have gone to shit.

Whites or Hoffman’s. They are built better and will outlast danners.

Have never worn nicks but they are hand built in Spokane like whites.
View Quote

This^

Wore Danners through the 90’s and went through three set of Ft. Lewis boots in the whole time. They stated going down hill around ‘01, last pair I had in ‘lasted less than 6 months.

I got my first Whites smoke jumpers in ‘13, they finally needed a rebuild last year so I ordered a second pair so I wouldn’t be without during the rebuild.  Money so well spent.

I’d love to try a pair of nicks, if I end up needing an insulated boot I’ll probably order from him to try it out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What do you recommend for hiking/ backpacking or hunting boots (as in high altitude/ long distance heavy miles) if Danner is shit?

From what I know about whites it looks like they just stepped into the hiking/ hunting sector with European manufacturing...  I would love to try a pair but they seem pretty new to the game.
View Quote

Get some of their traditional boots.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Danner. Select the ones made in USA
View Quote

This.  Might be more than you're looking for, and more than you want to spend, but 8" uninsulated Rainforests are my boot of choice.

Boots by FredMan, on Flickr
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top