Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paddykern:
Streamlight® The Siege™ LED Lantern

Put three disposable lithium AA's and good to go.
Long shelf life of lithiums and no leaking problems.
I have three ready to go.

AA LED lantern
View Quote

I have had Lithium batteries leak.  

Streamlight Seige's are nice little lights.   But if you are going to use them (or any AA light) for this then I would advice using Eneloop over Lithium batteries.   My logic is that if you have and recharge Eneloop batteries then at any given time you probably have a few charged up that you can scavenge from whatever device is using them.  That way you aren't leaving batteries in seldom used lights.   I had a weapon with light in storage and when I pulled it out a year later I found that the Energizer Lithium battery had swelled, leaked and ruined the light.    

We bought Eneloop batteries and a couple of Maha Powerex C801 chargers for the kid's toys when they were little.    Each time we would buy them we would label them with the month and year that we purchased them.   The kids are grown but we are still using the batteries and chargers.   The last time that I added it up we had over 300 Eneloop AA's around the house and we haven't bought disposable batteries in years.   The batteries from 2008 through 2010 don't work nearly as well as they used to but the rest are still holding up well.   I purchased more this year.  Even though I don't really need more I figured I can start phasing out the really old ones.   So even if we caught "unprepared" by a power outage we can find enough batteries around to power lights for a while.  

I also have can also use a cigarette lighter to recharge Eneloops.   So even if I run them all dead on the go I can charge them back up.  

The Streamlight Seige that I keep in my camper will run on red (as a night light) for three to four nights before needing a recharge on Eneloops.   And that is with it being temperature cycled being in the camper constantly.  

I hope that helps,

2Hut8
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FriedFish:
Completely NOT what the OP asked for, but I believe applies in some way if using AA batteries. I've been using a Fenix FE12 flashlight at work. It's a very small, single AA battery flashlight that has 3 brightness levels and functions well. I say well enough because what expectations can a person have for a single AA flashlight? Anyway, it fits or sometimes gets lost in any pocket, is self-regulated and has a long battery life. It's not bright enough for comfort when investigating a noise you hear outside your house at night, but it allows a person to accomplish indoor or small outdoor tasks quite efficiently. I'm surprised how long the single battery can last.

I once purchased a Streamlight rechargeable siege lantern to offer as a gift. Seemed high in quality, just never had opportunity to use it. Been tempted to buy another to use as a work light but I would likely find myself disassembling it to see how it was constructed. The base of the lantern is empty which was confusing, but available as storage. Maybe just floatation.
View Quote

I have a Fenix FE12 also.  In my pocket all the time. Power with disposable lithium AA battery.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Deep cycle 12v battery, decent quality inverter, battery tender + a little scrap lumber = a portable 120v outlet that goes just about anywhere and is always ready to go in an emergency.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.batteryjunction.com/streamlight-supersiege-opt.html

I have two of these; I highly recommend them .   They do take a while to charge though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mdram:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XM8HTIS

i have 2 of these, they work fine
View Quote

I got a 4 pack of these off amazon a while back. they are bright as hell and adjustable, plus you just pull them out to fire them up. Kid smashed one, and I found one outside the other day that had been on for at least 2 solid days. that was the one I used for my camp out last night.

I will second the solar landscape lights. I paid $4 each for a few good ones.

Also the ryobi light/charger. Don't have it yet, but I am deep into ryobi tools. Could charge and power stuff for days.

and finally a jump pack. You should have one in each car anyway. Some of them work great for powering even taht TV you posted.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top