Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 10:41:11 AM EDT
On ebay I see several former Marine packs (ILBE) that don't have the shoulder straps or in some cases kidney belt/waist strap. I was thinking of buying one of these for camping and bugging out. However the original replacement shoulder straps are more than the bag and the kidney belt is as much as the bag. So what other options do I have if I want to attach shoulder straps and belt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On ebay I see several former Marine packs (ILBE) that don't have the shoulder straps or in some cases kidney belt/waist strap. I was thinking of buying one of these for camping and bugging out. However the original replacement shoulder straps are more than the bag and the kidney belt is as much as the bag. So what other options do I have if I want to attach shoulder straps and belt.
View Quote

It is cheaper to buy a complete bag instead of just the replacement rucksack and add frame, hiip belt and shoulder straps...

You can get new ILBE´s for 100 or less...just be patient and keep searching

Also try see if you can find a RECON version...they have some improvements over the normal version.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Also keep an eye on Uncle Sam's Retail.
They show up complete from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine off Amazon in 2014 came with everything Was under $150 but now I see it's twice that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a FYI. I was looking on craigslist and found the ilbe main pack with shoulder straps and hip belt for 50 bucks. There were also several old alice packs for sale for a good price if you feel like you can work with that style of ruck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just be aware they are very heavy..........you can go to town and cut a lot of weight off if you want to.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top