Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 3:18:55 PM EDT
I found this Emergency Aerial Pen Launcher w/Flares today for $15.00.

It's made by Penguin and may be a early M79 launcher as I've read where some of the very early ones were gold toned.

It came with seven flares on what amounts to a duct-tape strip secured to the launcher with a length of nylon cord and five loose ones.

I stuck them all in a empty AR cleaning kit pouch as it did not seem wise to have them just sort of rolling around.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

Where does one find these?
Wouldn't mind having one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
A patient of my dad's gave him something like that, back in the late 60s, early 70s and instead of a flare, it had a little 'tear gas' module on the tip!  It sat up in the cupboard for years and we never popped it off, but it was an early spring loaded 'zip gun' like the above doohickey!

Chris
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a version of that, except mine was black and the flares were unfinished aluminum colored issued to me in the Navy. It was part of my SV2 survival vest. Fired them off a couple of time for training. The flares I had came stored on a plastic holder.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I "found" one exactly like that when I was Army in the late 80's.... was made by colt too, dammit if i didnt lose it.

Pretty sure they were made for pilot survival vests...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one somewhere as well; i think the pen part is black and the flares are in a red plastic holder.  I haven't been able to find any more flares for it though.  If I can find it I'll take a picture.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
$15, You did very good. That may be a bit of a collectors item if its old enough..

You can order civi version made by Tru Flare but I have only found them in Canada..
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You can have an adapter made for these that let them use the newer style Tru Flare, however they are still hard to get outside of Canada.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top