Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2017 11:00:51 PM EDT
Man this thing is nice. For half the price of my GB small forest it at least matches the quality. It has a larger, heavier head, which may help some with basic chopping. Just adding to the collection of Axes I don't need, and scaring the neighbors in the process. Hopefully I'll get it out to the woods soon and give it a workout.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got the exact thing on my amazon wish list. Give it a try and post back about it. Get some pics too. I'm gonna be all ears.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Good axe for a variety of applications 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Man this thing is nice. For half the price of my GB small forest it at least matches the quality. It has a larger, heavier head, which may help some with basic chopping. Just adding to the collection of Axes I don't need, and scaring the neighbors in the process. Hopefully I'll get it out to the woods soon and give it a workout.
View Quote

2.2 lb or 2.7 lb?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very cool. Action pics!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2.2 lb or 2.7 lb?
View Quote
Supposed to be 2.7.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the hatchet. Impressed enough that I might pick up the axe sometime too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the hatchet. Impressed enough that I might pick up the axe sometime too.
View Quote
Best hatchet I have used.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Which one?

Amazon Product
  • High-quality carpenter's axe, great for woodworking applications like carpentry, but can double as a small forester's hatchet
  • Head is crafted out of hand-forged steel and secured with a steel wedge
  • Modeled after the classic Hudson Bay axe design

or

Amazon Product
  • New Husqvarna Curved Handle 13" Hatchet
  • Hickory Wooden handle
  • Hand Forged in Sweden

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Carpenter's Axe, as stated in OP. I own the hatchet as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
i have and love my carpenters axe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
How is the edge out of the box?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How is the edge out of the box?
View Quote
Shaving sharp.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one as well and it is without question my favorite axe, hands down.

I took mine when I got it with a stone I inherited from my grandfather, in under 10 minutes  and some oil had it sharp enough to literally take the hair very cleanly from my forearm. The wife just rolled her eyes.

Crazy sharp.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Husk gets you a lot of axe for the money. The only issue i have is the handles seemed a little fat on the examples i have held.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top