Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:43:59 PM EDT
Where are they all used to be able to find two for $10 I can't find any now that are under 50
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where are they all used to be able to find two for $10 I can't find any now that are under 50
View Quote

The Swedish Trangia mess kits can be found for $50-$80 in minty condition, but the Swiss Volcanos are drying up a little bit, but those are mostly water boiling kit.

I received the Winterial 11 piece cheap-o cooking kit for Christmas and while probably not quite as small as the Trangia stuff, it does more, gets decent marks for cleanup and it all nestles nicely together in a nylon bag.  $38 shipped.  That, along with my Trangia stoves and holder, should do well in a pinch.  Not backpackable, but for car camping, they're fine.  I've got MSR Pocket Rocket knockoffs and Coleman dual fuel/propane stoves, so if the power goes out, I can cook some stuff.

I really want the Swedish Trangia kit, but not for those prices.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This place has both the swiss amd swedish in stock. Also spare parts and burners. Not sure about shipping or vat . They are in the uk.

Military mart - Stoves & accessories - Mess Kit - Camping - The Home of army Surplus
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get the Swedish set, also pick up a Swedish army gas mask bag.  It is practically tailor made for the Swedish stove.  It even has a side pouch to store the fuel bottle so that it won't contaminate your food-

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Crazy
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]
why it's called surplus......

here today, gone tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why it's called surplus......

here today, gone tomorrow.....
View Quote

Not only that but many of the Swedish Trangia mess kits we see contain Chinese made repos, so be careful and read the descriptions, well.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top