Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

I have several various Mora blades (probably more than I need) but grabbed a couple more on Amazon to add to my stash.  9.99 For an OD green 511.  I am not sure how affected they are by the supply chain disruptions of COVID so I figured I would grab a couple while they are still cheap.  It is possible the market is beyond flooded with them and we will never see a shortage but why not -right?
View Quote

@thederrick106 I put a good patina on one of the carbon blade. left it in white vinegar overnight. It looks great and it's much less resistant to rust!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Received my vegetable seeds I ordered last week.  Last year it was difficult getting some stuff in the spring so I ordered ahead of time this year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Got some large pistol primers!  I always just saved all my 45ACP with small pistol primers so I could use the same primers with my 9 & 45 but due to the severe small pistol primer shortage I decided it was worth adding a pack of large since my local gun shop still has some.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally bought my NBC mask and filters.
Later this week, COSTCO for frozen shrimp and coffee.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XxSLASHERxX] [#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Got some of Augusson pancake mix, 10 556 mags from the Global Ordinance sale, 3 6.5 Grendel mags, a new MI handguard, 300 6.5 mm bullets, Lyman powder measure, gas rings, gas tube, AR springs and roll pins.

Stocking up on spares.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorted and properly placed more billets in the reloading room.

Finally got around to sorting does and putting them in proper order in their new shelf’s.  Made a list of die sets I need to buy.

Ordered a large media separator from Dillon.

Created and labeled all the compartments for spare parts in a new set of bins I picked up at HF.

Cleaned, cleaned and more cleaning and sorting f in the basement.

Found a Larue mount I had forgotten about and swapped optics on a carbine SK it now sports a 1-6x LVPO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up 12 10- packs of MRE heaters at the local Salvation Army for $2.99 each
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Been a while since I updated but i scored two Baofeng Radios and my new AR500 carrier came in. Gonna work on getting my HAM license next
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solace22] [#10]
Thus far I bought plate carrier and plates, , Im also about to buy some uppers to go on some lowers.
I bought some mag carriers for plate carrier.
I bought a tent, sleeping bag, some camo clothing, trauma kit and a rain poncho.
Ive got to get a part for my truck its $500+ and not glamorous at all (rear seat bracket) but it will help with the kids/seatbelts.
Ive been sorting some clothes and misc gear, got a ton of stuff when my dad passed that I just am overwhelmed with still. Some I need to either keep or keep until i get something better that sort of thing.
Im working on getting a 30-06 rifle (savage 110 precision, dad died a left me a TON of 30-06 reloads), a new EDC setup, and a battle belt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:23:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bnielsonak47] [#11]
Put 15 gallons of ethanol free gas into my truck and the wife's car from October and went and filled the cans back up with more ethanol free gas and added Stabil to the cans before filling up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Scored 2 G22 mags for u see $20 each.

Continued the reorganization of my basement. I moved a Gorilla  shelf into its final home and it now has all my non palletized baking goods as well as all spices (2 shelves worth) and the top shelf has by Berkey and Katydin filters and spare filter elements along with some other water purification stuff.

While cleaning another area of the basement trying to crest more space I came across a tub with 16 boxes of 400 416 caliber Hornaday round nosed soft points. In addition to being great practice bullets they are also hell on Elk and don’t damage the meat as you are only pushing them about 2400 FPS.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Local Walmart had Wide mouth canning lids in stock, grab 4 packs

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I fixed my dryer for $3 worth of parts where old me would have replaced the whole damn thing. Also teaching myself to forge steel and getting a forge
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:29:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hasher1] [#15]
Added more supplies. I now have everything you need for a cat for a year stocked up.

Was at the grocery store yesterday and scored 8 dozen canning rings and lids.

Continued to clean in the basement and found:

3 1/2 gallons of 223 brass

100 rounds of 300 BO brass

Roughly 4000 assorted 9, 40 and 45 ACP brass

Another 350 Barnes 400 gr TSX for my 416

500 50 BMG primers.

Roughly 1400 22 lr

And a couple hundred rounds of assorted pistol and shotgun ammo.

I also moved another Gorilla shelf to its final resting place and have so far managed to find most of my gun cleaning supplies and get them sorted Onto two shelves and tomorrow I will make the third shelf for lubricating products and start adding to it next trip to the LGS.

I should finish fitting out another rolling bakers rack tomorrow on which I will keep brass that I have in smaller quantities and label the containers. I have a ton of 1 gallon containers that used to contain things like salad dressing from restaurants that are awesome for this. So lots of labeling and organizing there to keep me occupied.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Lifestraws

Tourniquets
Israeli bandages
Chest seals
Celox gauze
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Purchased, vac packed, and froze another 10# of ground beef and 20# of chicken breasts.

Neighbor and I have taken to splitting the 40# cases of chicken breasts from GFS, which are sold at $1 per #.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BiggEZ:
Purchased, vac packed, and froze another 10# of ground beef and 20# of chicken breasts.

Neighbor and I have taken to splitting the 40# cases of chicken breasts from GFS, which are sold at $1 per #.
View Quote
Nice, I can get boneless skinless thighs & breasts for $1-1.29 a pound

Freezer is already full and working on starting to can some up
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Nice, I can get boneless skinless thighs & breasts for $1-1.29 a pound

Freezer is already full and working on starting to can some up
View Quote

Yea, I'd love to work some thighs and other dark meat into the rotation, but the women folk here just don't go for it. About the best I can do is throw some in the chicken noodle soup a few times a year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Put one of my Christmas presents to good use. Amazing how much difference nine more pounds makes on kettlebell get ups.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Rotating out some of the surge purchased canned goods that I did back in February.

Consolidating calibers again. Trading out of some of my calibers that I don't have a large stock of ammo for.

I'm good on paper goods. Could probably go 18-24 months without buying tp or paper towels.

Buying more 38/ 357 when it pops up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Filled up a dozen 1L bottles with water and put them  on the storage shelves.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Ordered a couple more NATO Valpro cans from Atlantic British to add to my fuel storage. I use the fuel regularly for the mower and ATVs so it stays rotated. I was using MFCs but have switched to NATO cans for my primary fuel storage needs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Got a kero heater for backup off craigslist over the weekend.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Put about 25-30 pounds of various beans into mylar bags and sealed them up.  Mennonite bakery up the road from me sells stuff cheap and I buy from them.  The 2.5 lbs bags of beans are just about the right size for a two qt. bag.  I peel their label off and it goes right on the mylar bag and then into a heavy plastic tote container.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Freeze dry buttload of ham and cheese omlette and seal it up in mylar bags
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Bought 25 mags, Around 3 and a half cases of Keystone Meat, Got four of my 5 gal gas cans filled

Working on getting a generator and a Berkey
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Charged the solar generator and purchased a 100w folding solar panel for it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#29]
got a still! will be nice to have a way to make really clean water from my rain collection with almost any fuel source
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#30]
Getting my Well water tested,
Got some rotating can racks installed,
Bought 4 more cases of canned veggies,
Bought another case of Keystone Meat,
Got another 4 cases of Wide Mouth Pint jars & 4 dozen extra lids

Will work on water filter system when results come back
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought a couple DD 16" barrels off GB for $560.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:46:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Split a cow and a pig with some co-workers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
purged social media

got a grain mill

and any preps I have been waiting to get

extra batteries for coms
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: surveyor3] [#34]
It's been an expensive and busy few months. The coolest thing I scored today (I bought them on Monday) was canning jars.

I finally bought an All American Pressure Canner a week ago (and paid too much, but it will be here tomorrow,) and I didn't have hardly any jars and fewer lids.

I searched around and a local Target had Ball Mason jars in stock. I got 10 12 count wide-mouth quart jars and 10 12 count normal pint jars.

Attachment Attached File

ETA I have not had the same luck with lids. That's something I'm keeping an eye on from here on out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
It's been an expensive and busy few months. The coolest thing I scored today (I bought them on Monday) was canning jars.

I finally bought an All American Pressure Canner a week ago (and paid too much, but it will be here tomorrow,) and I didn't have hardly any jars and fewer lids.

I searched around and a local Target had Ball Mason jars in stock. I got 10 12 count wide-mouth quart jars and 10 12 count normal pint jars.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/186462/Jars_jpg-1790781.JPG

ETA I have not had the same luck with lids. That's something I'm keeping an eye on from here on out.
View Quote

If you get in a jam and need lids let me know. Have a stash I bought from HD back a couple years ago when they stopped selling canning supplies in stores. Fiancee is going to murder me one day over all my canning jars and supplies. Told her that’s the kids inheritance.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#36]
The wife stocked up on more rice, beans, and canned foods. We filled up the deep freezer with meats that were sealed with a Food Saver. Bought some firearm related items such as a new SBA4 brace and Sig MSR red dot with magnifier that will be split up between 2 guns. I will put the MSR on her Rossi RS22 and the magnifier will go on my AR pistol that already has a Romeo 5. Wife also wanted a bipod for her RS22, so I got her a Magpul bipod to see how she likes it. Picked up a 1000 rounds of CCI mini mags for dirt cheap. Also bought another Baofeng with an Amazon gift card that someone sent me.

The big prep this year will be paying off debts. It doesn't sound very cool but it needs to be done.  Also a coworker is a huge ham radio guy, so I've decided to get my license.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Did this free online trauma medical course.

Mountain Man Medical
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Lids have been tough to source for a while.  We get a few cases a month allocated to us by our suppliers.  They sell out the same day.  Lids will keep very well however, We sold most of our personal backup supply during the shortage, most were manufactured and packaged for storage by us between 2003 - 2008.  We sealed them in the cases they came in using 6 mil painters plastic, and they were absolutely perfect when we opened the cases.  This was one of the items we stocked up on for use as trading goods.  

One thing we found as far as selling the lids, Customers were willing to pay a premium for items packaged in name brand packaging.  For instance, we stored cases of 12 count ball lids (flats).  Thee are the little boxes of 12 that people commonly see in retail stores. They sold out first, even though we were also selling Ball brand loose packaged lids by the dozen for less money.  We purchase our lids for home use and bulk retail sale by the bulk case 3,132 regular size in a case, and 1,728 large mouth lids in a case, since they are less expensive that way.  We sold these also, breaking down the cases and selling them by the dozen.  Once the shortage became dire, consumers would take what ever was available.

I expected this shortage to be over once canning and butchering seasons were over.  I have not seen it yet with the lids, however, we have numerous cases of jars out for sale, they are not selling fast anymore.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lumper:

Lids have been tough to source for a while.  We get a few cases a month allocated to us by our suppliers.  They sell out the same day.  Lids will keep very well however, We sold most of our personal backup supply during the shortage, most were manufactured and packaged for storage by us between 2003 - 2008.  We sealed them in the cases they came in using 6 mil painters plastic, and they were absolutely perfect when we opened the cases.  This was one of the items we stocked up on for use as trading goods.  

One thing we found as far as selling the lids, Customers were willing to pay a premium for items packaged in name brand packaging.  For instance, we stored cases of 12 count ball lids (flats).  Thee are the little boxes of 12 that people commonly see in retail stores. They sold out first, even though we were also selling Ball brand loose packaged lids by the dozen for less money.  We purchase our lids for home use and bulk retail sale by the bulk case 3,132 regular size in a case, and 1,728 large mouth lids in a case since they are less expensive that way.  We sold these also, breaking down the cases and selling them by the dozen.  Once the shortage became dire, consumers would take whatever was available.

I expected this shortage to be over once canning and butchering seasons were over.  I have not seen it yet with the lids, however, we have numerous cases of jars out for sale, they are not selling fast anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

One thing we found as far as selling the lids, Customers were willing to pay a premium for items packaged in name brand packaging.  For instance, we stored cases of 12 count ball lids (flats).  Thee are the little boxes of 12 that people commonly see in retail stores. They sold out first, even though we were also selling Ball brand loose packaged lids by the dozen for less money.  We purchase our lids for home use and bulk retail sale by the bulk case 3,132 regular size in a case, and 1,728 large mouth lids in a case since they are less expensive that way.  We sold these also, breaking down the cases and selling them by the dozen.  Once the shortage became dire, consumers would take whatever was available.

Great info.

I left Richmond this morning for Gatlinburg for vacation, and on my way, I picked up 10 dozen count wide mouth lids I found at a Walmart in the Richmond City limits. I found them online for in-store pick-up. I guess folks in the city don't can.

I got some normal lids and bands shipped from Target.

It's still extremely slim pickings, and my friends out in the country are shocked I found them at all, let alone for normal prices.

I'm on the hunt still. I won't be happy until I have at least 5 times my jars.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Started the process to renew one of the certifications I have that expires later this year, and which is required if I wish to stay with my employer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SigsandCider:

If you get in a jam and need lids let me know. Have a stash I bought from HD back a couple years ago when they stopped selling canning supplies in stores. Fiancee is going to murder me one day over all my canning jars and supplies. Told her that’s the kids inheritance.
View Quote

Thank you! I'll do that.

Right now I'm just searching the big box stores for in-store pickup. I've had some success, but I'm still well short of what I would consider normal stock, let alone prepping.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#42]

One thing we found as far as selling the lids, Customers were willing to pay a premium for items packaged in name brand packaging.  For instance, we stored cases of 12 count ball lids (flats).  Thee are the little boxes of 12 that people commonly see in retail stores. They sold out first, even though we were also selling Ball brand loose packaged lids by the dozen for less money.  We purchase our lids for home use and bulk retail sale by the bulk case 3,132 regular size in a case, and 1,728 large mouth lids in a case, since they are less expensive that way.  We sold these also, breaking down the cases and selling them by the dozen.  Once the shortage became dire, consumers would take what ever was available.

View Quote
How long do you think lids would be good for in there packaging? I bought a 36ct case of Ball lids last year before canning season because I knew there was going to be nothing for a while and I was wondering if I should cover them or not (36, 12ct packs)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#43]
Picked up 190 #10 cans about 13 yrs old for a steal from someone leaving the country.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Picked up 190 #10 cans about 13 yrs old for a steal from someone leaving the country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83781/FB9A0343-EEEA-4784-8ED5-CA49AB6280CC_jpe-1795612.JPG
View Quote

Not bad...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Silkyjla30] [#45]

https://imgur.com/a/8VFmkbs

Someone help, what am I doing wrong on posting pics lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Silkyjla30:

Someone help, what am I doing wrong on posting pics lol
View Quote

You’re not a member
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

You’re not a member
View Quote

Hmmm, haven’t been a member in years and had been able to post pics. Good to know though
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 007] [#48]
@Silkyjla30

@sea2summit

Being a member is a requirement in order to post.

You are thinking of a team member, which comes with green arrows, pic next to your name and a condescending attitude towards non-paying members..

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 007:
@Silkyjla30

https://i.imgur.com/ZmOYFDW_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

@sea2summit

You are thinking of a team member, which comes with green arrows, pic next to your name and a condescending attitude towards non-paying members..

View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 007:
@Silkyjla30

https://i.imgur.com/ZmOYFDW_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

@sea2summit

View Quote

And the ignore feature.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top