Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The 20 I ordered a few weeks ago are on the way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
@tooly how long. I have some, want to get more for my folks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Already good to go but ordered 5. Good deal. But using PayPal and other added cost came out to almost $70. Still ok with that. Are they as good as Wise food?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smash05:
@tooly how long. I have some, want to get more for my folks.
View Quote

@smash05
Feb 28th. It was awhile ago.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks once again for spending my money

Ordered 5 plus the deal of the day for the black bean burger entree
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My wife is the same way. She ignored me telling her to get double of whatever she normally buys grocery shopping. Fortunately I did my own shopping. Also, I told her to buy extra dog food. Of course she ignored that also. Today we get notice our Chewy.com order is backordered. I reminded her of what I said. I didn't tell her I bought extra dog food also. I hope we get our orders on time but if we don't I'm gonna make her sweat a little before I break out the extra bags
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With free sipping? I'll try it out.

Funny, my wife asked me what I bought for $50. I told her and she said "You will be the one eating that crap".

I reminded her that if WE were eating that crap, things were very bad and that WE would be happy to have it. lol

She never blinked when I bought a 289 HiPo balancer I found for only $225 shipped this afternoon....women be that way sometimes.

My wife is the same way. She ignored me telling her to get double of whatever she normally buys grocery shopping. Fortunately I did my own shopping. Also, I told her to buy extra dog food. Of course she ignored that also. Today we get notice our Chewy.com order is backordered. I reminded her of what I said. I didn't tell her I bought extra dog food also. I hope we get our orders on time but if we don't I'm gonna make her sweat a little before I break out the extra bags

I have the same problem with my wife and I have no idea why.  Three of her sisters are avid preppers, at least to the point of having extra food on hand.

I ask her to buy extra food so we can be prepared.  She comes back with bananas, extra loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.     I have no choice but to choke down the WTF look on my face.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
They keep expanding and ship faster than their warning on their sites says.  I won't guess on current stuff but I got some more in this past week and it was maybe a 2 week wait or so.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I was surprised how fast mine came in. I bought 5 and my wife bought 5 (for her business). I had to try one for quality assurance purposes
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone should try what they store.  I consider these good starter kits for a meal.  You can add this or that or whatever to em to spice em up or stretch em.  This is also where playing with beans and stuff a nice skillet of corn bread makes it a heck of a meal.

Most mountain house I am happy as is.  Some of it just is meh to me and for those I keep some odds and ends around for it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 5 inbound we'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Everyone should try what they store.  I consider these good starter kits for a meal.  You can add this or that or whatever to em to spice em up or stretch em.  This is also where playing with beans and stuff a nice skillet of corn bread makes it a heck of a meal.

Most mountain house I am happy as is.  Some of it just is meh to me and for those I keep some odds and ends around for it.
View Quote

I've only tried the potato soup one. I added a handful or two of bacon pieces and a scoop of Bacon Up along with some plain ground black pepper. Made the stuff infinitely better. I would eat that again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered 10 on 5/19. They arrived today, 5/21. This is roughly 30 days worth of food for $100. I am thinking about ordering more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Bacon makes most things better, spices as well.  I keep a lot of that around.  MAc and cheese could use some more cheese depending what you are doing with it, my mac and cheese tends to turn into a tuna cassarole with some veggies included as well so more cheese is helpful.

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
anyone ordered any of the $10 kits recently?  Wondering if its still active.  Link still works however
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered Sunday, shipped today (Monday).
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's the prep?  Standard boil water, pour into pouch and let sit?

Is there anything good that doesn't require hot prep?  Power outage is the most likely scenarios I would need emergency food in include power outage.  Apartment dweller, can't have generator and not much of a way to build a fire either.

I'll get a couple.  Not sure I need 5, but maybe one to try and one to store.  The menu items seem better than most "packs" for me, the black bean soup is the only one that I wouldn't be super thrilled to have to eat (I really, REALLY dislike beans).
View Quote

freeze dried food will rehydrate in cold water it just takes longer

I dont know if these are freeze dried but with a 25 year shelf life I would expect it to be
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I dont know if these are freeze dried but with a 25 year shelf life I would expect it to be
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the prep?  Standard boil water, pour into pouch and let sit?

Is there anything good that doesn't require hot prep?  Power outage is the most likely scenarios I would need emergency food in include power outage.  Apartment dweller, can't have generator and not much of a way to build a fire either.

I'll get a couple.  Not sure I need 5, but maybe one to try and one to store.  The menu items seem better than most "packs" for me, the black bean soup is the only one that I wouldn't be super thrilled to have to eat (I really, REALLY dislike beans).

They are NOT freeze dried, at least not like MTN house.  I mean it could be freeze dried uncooked ingredients but I doubt it?

These have to be fully cooked.  They taste damn good too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Got mine within a week this past week for anyone wondering about backorder
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered 10 more. My stuff is on backorder. Three weeks and counting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#21]
What’s the shelf life on these?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What’s the shelf life on these?
View Quote

Up to 25-year shelf life (1-year after opened)

from the link at the top of this post
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Up to 25-year shelf life (1-year after opened)

from the link at the top of this post
View Quote

Reading is hard for me

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Just an FYI:

I ordered 10 on 6/18. I haven't heard anything about this order, except the original confirmation saying it can take 4-6 weeks before it ships.

I ordered another 10 on 7/15. I got a tracking number on 7/17 and my order is on its way.

I just emailed MPS to inquire on the status of my June order. This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like this offer has ended.  They show "sold out" at the link, and the photo has been removed

Ahh now its in their standard list of offerings, and its $21.95 now
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
All sold out. (7/24/20)
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know if this one is decent?  They will ship to your local store for pick-up at no charge.  Currently $89 + tax for 30 days.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/AUGASON-FARMS-Augason-Farms-Deluxe-30-Day-Emergency-Food-Supply-5-Gallon-Survival-Food-5-20091/306564638

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this one is decent?  They will ship to your local store for pick-up at no charge.  Currently $89 + tax for 30 days.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/AUGASON-FARMS-Augason-Farms-Deluxe-30-Day-Emergency-Food-Supply-5-Gallon-Survival-Food-5-20091/306564638

View Quote

Mmmmmm....salllllty

Costco has been have really good prices on IN-STOCK mountain house #10 cans.  It's been 50% cheaper than Amazon prices.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes that's a very good price on those.  Amazon has them as well, price-matched with Home Depot.  Notice that the daily calories come out to 1,236, so in the real world if you're doing much exertion, it would be more like a 15-day food supply, or you could supplement with other food stores.  That sodium in some of the dishes would probably come in handy if you're sweating a lot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes that's a very good price on those.  Amazon has them as well, price-matched with Home Depot.  Notice that the daily calories come out to 1,236, so in the real world if you're doing much exertion, it would be more like a 15-day food supply, or you could supplement with other food stores.  That sodium in some of the dishes would probably come in handy if you're sweating a lot.
View Quote

The highest salt meals look like the ones that are soups, chicken rice, pastas, etc.  You could probably extend them and cut the salt by adding your own unsalted cooked rice or small pasta and mixing it up.  Just add more hot water.  This isn't "haute cuisine" it's "oh crap we had an ice storm, the power is out, and we're hungry" food.

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top